Junior Development Academies

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

TRUTH
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Junior Development Academies

Post by TRUTH »

Pity you are on Eastern Side as by far best is Academia De Futebol by Cassio on the western side.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

TRUTH wrote:Pity you are on Eastern Side as by far best is Academia De Futebol by Cassio on the western side.
you honestly think so?

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

CSMG wrote:Hi
I am new to the forum and SA and would like to know which clubs in the Eastern area have the best set up for juniors and development
had some discussions with work colleagues and offered some alternatives however it would be great to get some views from the forum. my son is 12 years old
https://www.dkfa.com.au/

Check out Drago. I think they are just West of the City. Luckly Adelaide is only small and its not for from the Eastern burbs.

manu09
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by manu09 »

CSMG wrote:
rossonero wrote:Speak to Diego Pellegrini, hes a tough coach but knows how to develop players

phone 0434 053 971
I have googled his name very experienced player however not sure as he has been banned few times from coaching. Speaking with some of my colleagues from work and mentioned that he goes off his handle when coaching not sure if its the right environment for my son

how about Ernie Luongo or Andre Meyers?
Check out Eastern United U12's, kids aged 10, 11 and 12 in that team with Diego as the coach. They've come a long way in a short time and they're always at training. That is what you should be looking at, not whether the guy next door thinks a bloke can coach kids or not. Diego's Academy kids are well trained and are given opportunities. Their respective Junior teams are performing really well and they play in the Senior teams on Saturday's, just look at the game v Cobra's on 14/7/18. My lad is one of those that has left Australia because of Diego and he wasn't 'identified' by FFSA as a junior.

Ernie is ok with young kids. My son didn't enjoy his Academy as there was a wide range of abilities and Ernie had to coach at the average level. At the time there wasn't any coaching targeted at the 'better' players.

Haven't and wouldn't go anywhere near Andre, too many empty promises and the abuse during games is disgusting.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

TRUTH wrote:Pity you are on Eastern Side as by far best is Academia De Futebol by Cassio on the western side.
What is it with all the decent coaches and being banned?

He caused a junior game to be abandoned a few years back after coming on to the pitch after his son was punching other players.

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

manu09 wrote:
CSMG wrote:
rossonero wrote:Speak to Diego Pellegrini, hes a tough coach but knows how to develop players

phone 0434 053 971
I have googled his name very experienced player however not sure as he has been banned few times from coaching. Speaking with some of my colleagues from work and mentioned that he goes off his handle when coaching not sure if its the right environment for my son

how about Ernie Luongo or Andre Meyers?
Check out Eastern United U12's, kids aged 10, 11 and 12 in that team with Diego as the coach. They've come a long way in a short time and they're always at training. That is what you should be looking at, not whether the guy next door thinks a bloke can coach kids or not. Diego's Academy kids are well trained and are given opportunities. Their respective Junior teams are performing really well and they play in the Senior teams on Saturday's, just look at the game v Cobra's on 14/7/18. My lad is one of those that has left Australia because of Diego and he wasn't 'identified' by FFSA as a junior.

Ernie is ok with young kids. My son didn't enjoy his Academy as there was a wide range of abilities and Ernie had to coach at the average level. At the time there wasn't any coaching targeted at the 'better' players.

Haven't and wouldn't go anywhere near Andre, too many empty promises and the abuse during games is disgusting.
Maybe you should speak with some of the parents that he has burnt along the way as well kids that have left the game because of it.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Pretty sure in this sport for every positive story there's an equally negative one.

End of the day there is no golden bullet that solves everyone's development requirements. All comes down to right place/right time and luck. And that's assuming the player has the skills and dedication required in the first place.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

Tactix
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Tactix »

Does anyone have the costs to attend the following academies that have been mentioned in this post?

Eastern Untied Academy $
Jeff Napier $
Ernie Luongo $
Andre Meyers $
Academia De Futebol by Cassio $
Drago’s Football Academy$

Will make a decision based on both cost and value for money, thanks 8)

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Adelaide United used to run their Football School in the off season.

Not sure if that is going to continue this summer (Oct-Jan).

Anyone have any info on whether this is going to continue or not?

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

fball12 wrote:Adelaide United used to run their Football School in the off season.

Not sure if that is going to continue this summer (Oct-Jan).

Anyone have any info on whether this is going to continue or not?
The AU academy will not continue next season, unless the new owners implement something

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Tactix wrote:Does anyone have the costs to attend the following academies that have been mentioned in this post?

Eastern Untied Academy $
Jeff Napier $
Ernie Luongo $
Andre Meyers $

I believe Andre is $1,500 for the year. This includes registration and games for his Uni SA side.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Tactix wrote:Does anyone have the costs to attend the following academies that have been mentioned in this post?

Eastern Untied Academy $
Jeff Napier $Is about $650 for the summer season. Same for winter I believe
Ernie Luongo $
Andre Meyers $

Go Reds

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

how many have developed players that have reached A-League standard

How many have developed players that are playing consistent NPL level

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

C U Next Wednesday wrote:how many have developed players that have reached A-League standard

How many have developed players that are playing consistent NPL level
There is the question?

How many of the 2006 Australian world cup team players played in the world cup trained in academies??

HEMICRANK
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by HEMICRANK »

perhaps parents might consider sending their little Ronaldos to a tennis academy instead of paying a few hundred extra dollars a year over a football club fee and see what it costs to be trained by
an ex professional with a track record of getting young players ready for professional sport. ...all the guys mentioned above are good value when you compare to tennis or say golf ....and yet the FFA
does not include them in their "all of football plan " as promoted on the FFA website ...quote ...In 2015, the player development system is highly exclusive. Players are often required to travel
extensively to clubs and many players in elite junior competitions and programs have to pay well over $2,000 per year for their development. Furthermore, many parents are supplementing their
child’s development through private academies, many of whom are focused on profit and do not adhere to the National Curriculum" .The FFA goal is to licence academies to A league and NPL clubs and have each respective academy financially rewarded for their player development ( to include 3000 elite boys and girls)...but does not articulate who will pay .!! ... realistically the free market should operate in the football world ....so ; do your research ...ask to come and try and find out about players that have been through the above academies ...because it might be a while longer before your 12-19 year old will be signed up to an FFA licenced academy.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

HEMICRANK wrote:perhaps parents might consider sending their little Ronaldos to a tennis academy instead of paying a few hundred extra dollars a year over a football club fee and see what it costs to be trained by
an ex professional with a track record of getting young players ready for professional sport. ...all the guys mentioned above are good value when you compare to tennis or say golf ....and yet the FFA
does not include them in their "all of football plan " as promoted on the FFA website ...quote ...In 2015, the player development system is highly exclusive. Players are often required to travel
extensively to clubs and many players in elite junior competitions and programs have to pay well over $2,000 per year for their development. Furthermore, many parents are supplementing their
child’s development through private academies, many of whom are focused on profit and do not adhere to the National Curriculum" .The FFA goal is to licence academies to A league and NPL clubs and have each respective academy financially rewarded for their player development ( to include 3000 elite boys and girls)...but does not articulate who will pay .!! ... realistically the free market should operate in the football world ....so ; do your research ...ask to come and try and find out about players that have been through the above academies ...because it might be a while longer before your 12-19 year old will be signed up to an FFA licenced academy.
And some of the academies are run by people the FFSA or FFA have exiled for various reasons. Hence why they try to bad mouth them above
Go Reds

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

i dont trust the original poster - I think he was fishing. all this talking to work colleagues stuff.

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

Matthew wrote:i dont trust the original poster - I think he was fishing. all this talking to work colleagues stuff.
Fishing for Tuna or Salmon?

manu09
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by manu09 »

Maybe you should speak with some of the parents that he has burnt along the way as well kids that have left the game because of it.[/quote]

With all due respect, why would I do that? Diego was the only one that saw something a bit extra in my boy and developed it. He provided us with an opportunity overseas that FFA/FFSA realistically couldn't come close to. That is on top of the other boys I've seen head OS as a result of Diego.

My only concerns are my kids, I'm not worried about whether someone else's child can/can't handle an alternative to the prescribed Dutch method enforced by FFA. To try to make it as a professional in a tough environment, you have to be resilient and mature, core lessons that are taught by Diego.

Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to it. I'm just providing an honest answer to the initial question.

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

manu09 wrote:Maybe you should speak with some of the parents that he has burnt along the way as well kids that have left the game because of it.
With all due respect, why would I do that? Diego was the only one that saw something a bit extra in my boy and developed it. He provided us with an opportunity overseas that FFA/FFSA realistically couldn't come close to. That is on top of the other boys I've seen head OS as a result of Diego.

My only concerns are my kids, I'm not worried about whether someone else's child can/can't handle an alternative to the prescribed Dutch method enforced by FFA. To try to make it as a professional in a tough environment, you have to be resilient and mature, core lessons that are taught by Diego.

Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to it. I'm just providing an honest answer to the initial question.[/quote]

With all due respect my son spent 6 years with Diego i know what i am talking about!

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Nap_65 wrote:
manu09 wrote:Maybe you should speak with some of the parents that he has burnt along the way as well kids that have left the game because of it.

Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to it. I'm just providing an honest answer to the initial question.
With all due respect my son spent 6 years with Diego i know what i am talking about![/quote]
With all due respect to everyone on here I really don't think it matters. I know 2 kids who have been sent OS by Andre and Diego respectively and neither have become professionals. Jeff Napier reckons he trained some A-League players. My only point is I really don't think it matters. If the kid is good enough both physically and mentally they will find a way to succeed. I think the key is to get over to Europe as young as possible and leave this environment that is a poor attempt to develop juniors.
Go Reds

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

limozeen wrote:With all due respect to everyone on here I really don't think it matters. I know 2 kids who have been sent OS by Andre and Diego respectively and neither have become professionals. Jeff Napier reckons he trained some A-League players. My only point is I really don't think it matters. If the kid is good enough both physically and mentally they will find a way to succeed. I think the key is to get over to Europe as young as possible and leave this environment that is a poor attempt to develop juniors.
Take your kids over to one of the UK academies when they are 9 or 10 and then stand back and appreciate just how good they are and why all this stuff from the "full-time" coaches out here offer nothing but bullsh*t. These coaches promising bright European futures for their kids are talking rubbish, it is never going to happen, they are lining their own pockets while offering false dreams.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

magnet wrote:
limozeen wrote:With all due respect to everyone on here I really don't think it matters. I know 2 kids who have been sent OS by Andre and Diego respectively and neither have become professionals. Jeff Napier reckons he trained some A-League players. My only point is I really don't think it matters. If the kid is good enough both physically and mentally they will find a way to succeed. I think the key is to get over to Europe as young as possible and leave this environment that is a poor attempt to develop juniors.
Take your kids over to one of the UK academies when they are 9 or 10 and then stand back and appreciate just how good they are and why all this stuff from the "full-time" coaches out here offer nothing but bullsh*t. These coaches promising bright European futures for their kids are talking rubbish, it is never going to happen, they are lining their own pockets while offering false dreams.
Yep.

Unfortunate truth is that youth development here is nothing like it is over there. Then when a kid tries to go over there in their late teens they are a million miles behind the rest.

We're still building the horse and cart while they are building Ferraris
Go Reds

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

limozeen wrote:
magnet wrote:
Yep.

Unfortunate truth is that youth development here is nothing like it is over there. Then when a kid tries to go over there in their late teens they are a million miles behind the rest.

We're still building the horse and cart while they are building Ferraris
its a culture thing, kids in the UK play football all the time, its all they do. there is also a cost factor involved, when kids get selected for state/district/county sidesin the UK, generally its at no cost to the child involved........maybe something to think about FFSA?