Junior Development Academies

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

CSMG
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Junior Development Academies

Post by CSMG »

Hi
I am new to the forum and SA and would like to know which clubs in the Eastern area have the best set up for juniors and development
had some discussions with work colleagues and offered some alternatives however it would be great to get some views from the forum. my son is 12 years old

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Junior Development Academies

Post by magnet »

CSMG wrote:Hi
I am new to the forum and SA and would like to know which clubs in the Eastern area have the best set up for juniors and development
had some discussions with work colleagues and offered some alternatives however it would be great to get some views from the forum. my son is 12 years old
Most of the club related ones are by invite only. Does he play for a club?

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Speak to Diego Pellegrini, hes a tough coach but knows how to develop players

phone 0434 053 971

CSMG
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by CSMG »

magnet wrote:
Most of the club related ones are by invite only. Does he play for a club?
No not yet

CSMG
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by CSMG »

rossonero wrote:Speak to Diego Pellegrini, hes a tough coach but knows how to develop players

phone 0434 053 971
I have googled his name very experienced player however not sure as he has been banned few times from coaching. Speaking with some of my colleagues from work and mentioned that he goes off his handle when coaching not sure if its the right environment for my son

how about Ernie Luongo or Andre Meyers?

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Jeff Napier
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

CSMG
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by CSMG »

limozeen wrote:Jeff Napier

Where is he based? do you have any contact details?

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

CSMG wrote:

He runs his academy from across the road from Salisbury East high school.

www.jeffnapier.com.au
Go Reds

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

CSMG wrote:

yeah google this one and see the surprises you get....

Andre Myers is good also but if you google him as well he is similar to Pellegrini

Are you looking for coaches to develop your son as a good player or are you looking for a fun kindergarten sort of environment.

Napoli
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Napoli »

CSMG wrote:
rossonero wrote:Speak to Diego Pellegrini, hes a tough coach but knows how to develop players

phone 0434 053 971
I have googled his name very experienced player however not sure as he has been banned few times from coaching. Speaking with some of my colleagues from work and mentioned that he goes off his handle when coaching not sure if its the right environment for my son

All the kids he works with love him, so cant be that bad.

I've seen him coach and he engages well with the kids. Haven't seen him go off at the kids

CSMG
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by CSMG »

rossonero wrote:
CSMG wrote:

yeah google this one and see the surprises you get....

Andre Myers is good also but if you google him as well he is similar to Pellegrini

Are you looking for coaches to develop your son as a good player or are you looking for a fun kindergarten sort of environment.

Both i think its important that kids enjoy the game whilst being developed with out the pressure of becoming superstars.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

CSMG wrote:Both i think its important that kids enjoy the game whilst being developed with out the pressure of becoming superstars.
And there in lies your dilemma. Anyone serious about development will be pretty full on.

I have found Jeff Napier to provide a very enjoyable environment as well as development though. No, I'm not Jeff and I don't have anything to do with his set up but my son went there for a while.
Go Reds

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

CSMG wrote:

phone 0434 053 971

Have met both of them. Ernie is a really nice bloke and he coached my son at an early age. Wasn't sure that he stepped up the ages to the later age groups though

Andre is a very direct person and typically german. Direct and tells it like it is. What I didn't like about him though was that he was very focused on making the kid a superstar and telling everyone how great he is. Also, got a long touchline ban last season as well. Not that you'd know it though.

CSMG
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by CSMG »

God is an Englishman wrote:
CSMG wrote:

phone 0434 053 971

Have met both of them. Ernie is a really nice bloke and he coached my son at an early age. Wasn't sure that he stepped up the ages to the later age groups though

Andre is a very direct person and typically german. Direct and tells it like it is. What I didn't like about him though was that he was very focused on making the kid a superstar and telling everyone how great he is. Also, got a long touchline ban last season as well. Not that you'd know it though.
Thanks my colleagues have agreed with your comments will have a chat to both and will see i think Metros have a very good set up as well.

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

So 3 of the coaches mentioned have been banned by the FFSA at one stage or another for a lengthy time

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

C U Next Tuesday wrote:So 3 of the coaches mentioned have been banned by the FFSA at one stage or another for a lengthy time
It's not exactly hard to get banned by the FFSA.

CSMG
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by CSMG »

C U Next Tuesday wrote:So 3 of the coaches mentioned have been banned by the FFSA at one stage or another for a lengthy time
It's not exactly hard to get banned by the FFSA.

Sorry but who are the 3?

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

Do you want your son to develop his skills or not?
Grow some - does it really matter if they've been banned by the ffsa in the past?
They're not effin rapists.
I suggest you get your boy to play for the school if you're too sensitive .

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

we are halfway through the season so you won’t be able to get in a club. Trials are in September

CSMG
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by CSMG »

Tissues wrote:Do you want your son to develop his skills or not?
Grow some - does it really matter if they've been banned by the ffsa in the past?

What are you on!!! relax! take a chill pill. sensitive i am not coming from Eastern states where we had plenty of great academies and coaches that develop kids and i am looking for similar here. If they have been banned by the FFSA unfortunate for them especially lengthy bans.
i know where i will be going speaking with work colleagues who have kids playing at various clubs in SA it seems that there a some good coaches around. I was only asking the question as i am new to the state

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

CSMG wrote:

What are you on!!! relax! take a chill pill. sensitive i am not coming from Eastern states where we had plenty of great academies and coaches that develop kids and i am looking for similar here. If they have been banned by the FFSA unfortunate for them especially lengthy bans.
i know where i will be going speaking with work colleagues who have kids playing at various clubs in SA it seems that there a some good coaches around. I was only asking the question as i am new to the state
Start with Ernie Luongo, for the next 2 years.
Then go with Andre after that.

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

Tissues wrote:
CSMG wrote:

Thanks its exactly what i have been recommended

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Has a private academy ever made anyone into a professional, anywhere, ever? Maybe if you are in a private academy in the first place it’s because the system is crap and if the system is crap then no one’s going anywhere anyway.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Tissues wrote:
CSMG wrote:

make sure you take your cheque book if you decide to go with Andre.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Tissues wrote:
CSMG wrote:

then quit the game at 15-16

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Had a mate who's son was involved with Andre and he sent him overseas to a German club where he would "definitely be signed." Trained for ages but was never signed. Was told to go to switzerland. Trained for ages, was told he would be given a contract "next week" never happened.

Andre can't make clubs sign players, but all I'm saying is stay realistic. Take what is told to you with a grain of salt.
Go Reds

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Just found this on Twitter and its so true..........”It's only when you go looking that you'll find the overwhelming reality of football at the highest level. Out of all the boys who enter an academy at the age of 9 in England, less than half of 1% go on to make a living from football. LET THAT SINK IN!!!”

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

Pie and Bovril wrote:Just found this on Twitter and its so true..........”It's only when you go looking that you'll find the overwhelming reality of football at the highest level. Out of all the boys who enter an academy at the age of 9 in England, less than half of 1% go on to make a living from football. LET THAT SINK IN!!!”
I'm surprised it's even that percent.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Pie and Bovril wrote:Just found this on Twitter and its so true..........”It's only when you go looking that you'll find the overwhelming reality of football at the highest level. Out of all the boys who enter an academy at the age of 9 in England, less than half of 1% go on to make a living from football. LET THAT SINK IN!!!”

Keep it on the deck?

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Keep it on the deck?
yep