Adelaide City sack junior coach

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Adelaide City sack junior coach

Post by Sushi »

Under 16 JPL coach got sacked last week by the club.
Bottom of the ladder says it all.
So much for the rubbish coming out of the club when they made a 'great appointment.

Typical of a club that's great on talk .

The TD of this club's juniors needs to follow the ex coach out the door.

upsidedown
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Adelaide City sack junior coach

Post by upsidedown »

Tissues wrote:Under 16 JPL coach got sacked last week by the club.
Bottom of the ladder says it all.
So much for the rubbish coming out of the club when they made a 'great appointment.

Typical of a club that's great on talk .

The TD of this club's juniors needs to follow the ex coach out the door.

There are more than a few clubs, who will tell you what you want to here and make plenty of promises that they either cant or dont have any intention of fullfilling. You get wise after a while as to what is believable.I was once told at end of the season that the incoming jsl coach for the following year "is a jpl quality coach we are just gave him a jsl team to get him into the club". Except i new they had a vacant jpl position that they wont ever gonna put him into and the feedback from the parent and players from that year was he was hopeless and to stay away at all costs. Went to a different club the following year and the feedback we got from players that stayed on was he was a total disaster. Players left during preseason and throught the season and games had to be forfeited. Glad i didnt fall for the bull. Took me a while to wise up throughout the year as to what was going on.

Don't believe everything your told from clubs cause they will just tell you whatever they want to keep you there.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Let’s get this straight. The poor guy joined last summer and has a squad which over half are made up of JSL players and JPLC player. I’m not really sure what they were expecting.

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

Pie and Bovril wrote:Let’s get this straight. The poor guy joined last summer and has a squad which over half are made up of JSL players and JPLC player. I’m not really sure what they were expecting.
Yes you're right - it's very unfair to blame a coach who was handed mission impossible.
He never had the chance to show what he could do.
The blame lies elsewhere - the club is clearly culpable.
Culpable in the restraints and wafer thin talent that they gave him to work with when they had access to the talent but refused it.
Not that they will ever admit it.

upsidedown
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by upsidedown »

Tissues wrote:
Pie and Bovril wrote:Let’s get this straight. The poor guy joined last summer and has a squad which over half are made up of JSL players and JPLC player. I’m not really sure what they were expecting.
Yes you're right - it's very unfair to blame a coach who was handed mission impossible.
He never had the chance to show what he could do.
The blame lies elsewhere - the club is clearly culpable.
Culpable in the restraints and wafer thin talent that they gave him to work with when they had access to the talent but refused it.
Not that they will ever admit it.
Plenty of the season left so if the problem is the talent on the field and results dont improve with the replacement coach the original coach can feel vindicated . And the response from the club will then be? (Probably a shoulder shrug?)

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

They might not even give a shoulder shrug.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

I think a poor technical coach who can really connect with the playing group is a better option than a technical genius who alienates his players and who the kids hate. A lot of focus on bringing in these "top quality" coaches who know all the drills and fancy stuff but who couldn't connect a plug to a power point let alone actually connect with other humans.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

limozeen wrote:I think a poor technical coach who can really connect with the playing group is a better option than a technical genius who alienates his players and who the kids hate. A lot of focus on bringing in these "top quality" coaches who know all the drills and fancy stuff but who couldn't connect a plug to a power point let alone actually connect with other humans.
the best thing i have read today.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

romarios shin wrote:
limozeen wrote:I think a poor technical coach who can really connect with the playing group is a better option than a technical genius who alienates his players and who the kids hate. A lot of focus on bringing in these "top quality" coaches who know all the drills and fancy stuff but who couldn't connect a plug to a power point let alone actually connect with other humans.
the best thing i have read today.
In other words, do away with coaching licences (plus the cash grab that goes with it) and take more notice of the individual for who he/she is? Sounds like what we used to have until we started getting dictated to.
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

c'mon Bomber.....that's not whats being implied....
Last edited by MegaBonus on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:c'mon Bomber.....that's not what being implied....
:wink:
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

BTW - Australia's youngest ever WC squad member grew up with the new FFA curriculum....just putting it out there... :wink:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:BTW - Australia's youngest ever WC squad member grew up with the new FFA curriculum....just putting it out there... :wink:
Like he had a choice........... :P
Ignore this signature

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

MegaBonus wrote:BTW - Australia's youngest ever WC squad member grew up with the new FFA curriculum....just putting it out there... :wink:
if its that good surely there should be more in the squad?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

and the other 22 didn't - just putting it out there.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

for an Englishman, you obviously don't comprehend the English language well...

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:for an Englishman, you obviously don't comprehend the English language well...
What is wrong with what I have said.
Pure factual statement.

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Correct.
And apart from this incredibly gifted Iraqi immigrant , (whose talents may or may not have been enhanced by the so called curriculum ), there's a dearth of talent coming through.
Most of the so called FFSA-run elite juniors over the last 8 years of the curriculum are heading for , at the very most, a career in the npl seniors or reserves if they're lucky.

Gonna be plenty of disillusioned players who were earmarked as the future of the game in this country.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Tissues wrote:
Correct.
And apart from this incredibly gifted Iraqi immigrant , (whose talents may or may not have been enhanced by the so called curriculum ), there's a dearth of talent coming through.
Most of the so called FFSA-run elite juniors over the last 8 years of the curriculum are heading for , at the very most, a career in the npl seniors or reserves if they're lucky.

Gonna be plenty of disillusioned players who were earmarked as the future of the game in this country.
So, he's not even australian :lol:

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

Tissues wrote:
Correct.

you have to wonder what the kids(and parents) are told when they enter the "elite" system, are they told its the only pathway to the A-League/Europe/National team. They are churning out lots of robots who can play in a system but very few skilful players who can break one down..

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

romarios shin wrote:you have to wonder what the kids(and parents) are told when they enter the "elite" system, are they told its the only pathway to the A-League/Europe/National team. They are churning out lots of robots who can play in a system but very few skilful players who can break one down..
I took my 12 year old (at the time) to trial at one club and the head coach told me that he would turn my son into a professional footballer, told me all his contacts and how great he was.

He stayed at the club he was at, you can tell by my hair that I wasn't born yesterday.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Reading this forum and the consensus seems to be that parents take their kids to clubs and expect them to be professional footballers. This is NOT a country with a footballing culture. You are more likely to win the lotto than seeing your son play professional football through the FFA system.

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

The first generation to come through the small sided mini roos curriculum are now turning 16/17 years old......

Id like to see the FFSA and FFA focus on training centres for u/6's- u/11's and leave 12-16's to clubs.

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

romarios shin wrote:you have to wonder what the kids(and parents) are told when they enter the "elite" system, are they told its the only pathway to the A-League/Europe/National team. They are churning out lots of robots who can play in a system but very few skilful players who can break one down..
I took my 12 year old (at the time) to trial at one club and the head coach told me that he would turn my son into a professional footballer, told me all his contacts and how great he was.

He stayed at the club he was at, you can tell by my hair that I wasn't born yesterday.
Sounds like many clubs out there promising future pathways and parents spending lots of money.

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

He stayed at the club he was at, you can tell by my hair that I wasn't born yesterday.[/quote]

this has happened to a few people, when these "elite" trials are for kids with talent and not for parents who can afford it, we might move in the right direction

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Shape »

ikon wrote:The first generation to come through the small sided mini roos curriculum are now turning 16/17 years old......

Id like to see the FFSA and FFA focus on training centres for u/6's- u/11's and leave 12-16's to clubs.

Light bulb moment

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

Gonna be plenty of disillusioned players who were earmarked as the future of the game in this country.[/quote]

you have to wonder what the kids(and parents) are told when they enter the "elite" system, are they told its the only pathway to the A-League/Europe/National team. They are churning out lots of robots who can play in a system but very few skilful players who can break one down..[/quote]

but robots are good, they do as they are told and have no brain of their own, exactly what is required. I mean God help us if a player is creative and actually can think for themselves then the coaches might have to think about coaching rather than blowing out how they good they are and bagging any other coach at clubs, not in the elite system. funny but i thought we were supposed to be producing the next gen no10 's ?

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

magicfootball1 wrote:but robots are good, they do as they are told and have no brain of their own, exactly what is required. I mean God help us if a player is creative and actually can think for themselves then the coaches might have to think about coaching rather than blowing out how they good they are and bagging any other coach at clubs, not in the elite system. funny but i thought we were supposed to be producing the next gen no10 's ?
Most junior coaches pick players based on physical presence and pace. That way they look great at U12, U13 level when they dominate games playing on full sized senior pitches. Very little coaching required but great for the coaches CV

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

magnet wrote:
magicfootball1 wrote:but robots are good, they do as they are told and have no brain of their own, exactly what is required. I mean God help us if a player is creative and actually can think for themselves then the coaches might have to think about coaching rather than blowing out how they good they are and bagging any other coach at clubs, not in the elite system. funny but i thought we were supposed to be producing the next gen no10 's ?
Most junior coaches pick players based on physical presence and pace. That way they look great at U12, U13 level when they dominate games playing on full sized senior pitches. Very little coaching required but great for the coaches CV
100% agree. But size and pace evens out and then those teams don't have the technical skills to play well and win beyond those years.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

limozeen wrote:
magnet wrote:
100% agree. But size and pace evens out and then those teams don't have the technical skills to play well and win beyond those years.
that's what I'm saying, they focus on immediate returns in U12-U14 and then pay the price at U15/U16 because players do not have the technical ability. You should attend one of the STIC trials and look at how many of the selected players use both feet...very few