Soccer training grounds with lighting

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

snct2
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Soccer training grounds with lighting

Post by snct2 »

Hi, need some advise / help. I have volunteered to coach my sons school soccer team for nwjsa but the school doesn't have lights on their soccer pitch to do evening training. Does any body know any grounds that have lighting where we can train for free or for a small hire fee. Looking for venues around north west Adelaide closer to the city.

Also just want to know in general how other parents go about training school soccer teams who work 9-5.

Thanks.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Soccer training grounds with lighting

Post by Pie and Bovril »

snct2 wrote:Hi, need some advise / help. I have volunteered to coach my sons school soccer team for nwjsa but the school doesn't have lights on their soccer pitch to do evening training. Does any body know any grounds that have lighting where we can train for free or for a small hire fee. Looking for venues around north west Adelaide closer to the city.

Also just want to know in general how other parents go about training school soccer teams who work 9-5.

Thanks.
when I coached school it had to be directly after school hours 3:30-5. Anytime after that and it impacts club training.

snct2
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by snct2 »

Pie and Bovril wrote:
snct2 wrote:Hi, need some advise / help. I have volunteered to coach my sons school soccer team for nwjsa but the school doesn't have lights on their soccer pitch to do evening training. Does any body know any grounds that have lighting where we can train for free or for a small hire fee. Looking for venues around north west Adelaide closer to the city.

Thanks.
when I coached school it had to be directly after school hours 3:30-5. Anytime after that and it impacts club training.
Thanks for the reply. It's a bit hard for me to do it at that time as I work 9-5.30 week days. Any other ideas?

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

snct2 wrote:
Pie and Bovril wrote:

Thanks.
Thanks for the reply. It's a bit hard for me to do it at that time as I work 9-5.30 week days. Any other ideas?
Have you spoken to the school and are they comfortable to have training not directly after school?
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Have you considered Indoor training?

snct2
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by snct2 »

Have you spoken to the school and are they comfortable to have training not directly after school?
Yes I have. The school told me it's up to me. They also said it's ok not to train but would like to have at least one training session per week if possible.

snct2
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by snct2 »

rossonero wrote:Have you considered Indoor training?
Yes I have, but haven't found any place yet. Do you know any good places and rough cost of hiring?

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

snct2 wrote:
rossonero wrote:Have you considered Indoor training?
Yes I have, but haven't found any place yet. Do you know any good places and rough cost of hiring?
Indoor probably not that cheap. Are you near any clubs that train at night? Probably a long shot but I'd contact nearby clubs to see if they have any spare land you could borrow while they train. Wouldn't be prime training land but would possibly be free and would have lighting.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

Train in the morning from 7:30 to 8:30 before school :?:

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

contact some teams in the North West

Western Strikers in Royal Park
White City in Woodville West
Adelaide Victory in Pennington
Pirates in Port Adelaide

snct2
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by snct2 »

Thanks, have contacted a few councils and clubs. Nothing solid yet but hopefully will get some good responses in the next couple of days.