Another Day More Disgraceful Behaviour

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Another Day More Disgraceful Behaviour

Post by Pie and Bovril »

geoff9559 wrote:Bomber.....damn was hoping for neutral linesmen or ones that know the rules......

Received an email with a photo of one of the supposed "Offsides"....was in our own half so couldnt have been offside.

cheers

Geoff9559
the linesmen in the seniors are generally the referees you see in the junior games.

Obviously linesmen in junior games are parents and majority do not know the rules. The game I watched yesterday had the linesman standing on the halfway line and the referee was so fat he didn’t move from the centre circle.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

All in brawl after the White City v Raiders U17 game today. Parents and coaches all involved in the aftermath. It was still going on 20 minutes after the final whistle

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

Pie and Bovril wrote:All in brawl after the White City v Raiders U17 game today. Parents and coaches all involved in the aftermath. It was still going on 20 minutes after the final whistle

Balkan politics :roll:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

geoff9559 wrote:Bomber.....damn was hoping for neutral linesmen or ones that know the rules......

Received an email with a photo of one of the supposed "Offsides"....was in our own half so couldnt have been offside.

cheers

Geoff9559
Surely an unqualified parent didn't make a mistake. Short of making clubs get their parents qualified, How do you fix it?

Sonic
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sonic »

cheers

Geoff9559

Dont forget (and Im not saying this was the case - I dont know this incident) but if you come from an offside position back into your half and get involved you can be deemed to be offside and the free kick can be taken in your own half, even happened to AUFC in 2016/17......don't see it very often but the rule is there.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Sonic wrote:

cheers

Geoff9559

Dont forget (and Im not saying this was the case - I dont know this incident) but if you come from an offside position back into your half and get involved you can be deemed to be offside and the free kick can be taken in your own half, even happened to AUFC in 2016/17......don't see it very often but the rule is there.
Seeing as you're offside at the time the ball was kicked, not when you receive it. I don't see how this can happen.

Sonic
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sonic »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Sonic wrote:

cheers

Geoff9559

Seeing as you're offside at the time the ball was kicked, not when you receive it. I don't see how this can happen.
If the attacker is in an offside position and returns into his own half to receive the ball after it has been played the foul is given where he receives the ball....

https://ibb.co/e6nXwK (in this case the bottom of the centre circle).

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The law does in fact say that, I'm shocked.

To me he's offside when the ball is kicked, therefore it's a flawed logic.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

God is an Englishman wrote:The law does in fact say that, I'm shocked.

Perhaps it's because, these days, you're not adjudged to be offside until the point at which you "interfere" with play. Which in the above case is when you receive the ball.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

limozeen wrote:

Perhaps it's because, these days, you're not adjudged to be offside until the point at which you "interfere" with play. Which in the above case is when you receive the ball.
I understand that but if it's at the time the ball is kicked then that's where you're offside to me.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

God is an Englishman wrote:
limozeen wrote:

I understand that but if it's at the time the ball is kicked then that's where you're offside to me.
And me.

Offside is so complicated these days, players, fans, and officials can't agree.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Pie and Bovril wrote:All in brawl after the White City v Raiders U17 game today. Parents and coaches all involved in the aftermath. It was still going on 20 minutes after the final whistle
:shock: this should keep FFSA busy .

Raiders won the match 2-0 at WC ground and the ref had a FFSA mentor so there will be an independent witness, which could help things get sorted.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mr Red wrote:

Raiders won the match 2-0 at WC ground and the ref had a FFSA mentor so there will be an independent witness, which could help things get sorted.
ban all the senior teams from all games this season for now i say.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Anatural wrote:
Mr Red wrote:

ban all the senior teams from all games this season for now i say.
:) now that would even top the Cove situation if that happened.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mr Red wrote:
:) now that would even top the Cove situation if that happened.
and help Modbury......

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Mr Red wrote:

the referee and mentor were talking in the centre circle at the time and had their backs to the incident. They did stand and observe the aftermath.