Email from FFSA regarding maximum goal difference

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

tevez.
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Email from FFSA regarding maximum goal difference

Post by tevez. »

Dear All,

Football Federation SA would like to remind clubs that all junior girls results displayed on the website will show a maximum goal difference of 8.

This ruling applied to all junior girls and junior boys. I would like to ask clubs to ensure when entering results, that they enter the maximum goal difference of 8 themselves

For example, 13-0 win will become 8-0. A 14-2 win will become 10-2

If this is not done, FFSA during the week will automatically change the scores to show a maximum goal difference of 8.

Another reminder is that FFSA do not enter goal scorers for any junior matches. This is the responsibility of the person entering the scores following the match and is not a requirement. It is solely up to the club if they wish to enter goal scorers.

If you wish to discuss further, do not hesitate to contact me to discuss.

Thank you

Napoli
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Email from FFSA regarding maximum goal difference

Post by Napoli »

That's just stupid

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Napoli wrote:That's just stupid
+1

World has gone mad, or should I say fucking soft! Probably both.
Ignore this signature

tevez.
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by tevez. »

Napoli wrote:That's just stupid
Agreed.

Achieving nothing by doing this. Not addressing the direct problem at all. Scrap the JPL/JSL system and make it 5 divisions like how it used to be.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

So if the score is 16 -2, and it's adjusted to 10-2 for the maximum 8 difference, then you look below and the goal scorers add up to 16...it's just bloody stupid.

I can tell you right now I'm not taking goals scored off of the kids who scored them and I wouldn't expect the opposition to do that to their kids if they smash us either.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

tevez. wrote:Dear All,

Football Federation SA would like to remind clubs that all junior girls results displayed on the website will show a maximum goal difference of 8.

This ruling applied to all junior girls and junior boys. I would like to ask clubs to ensure when entering results, that they enter the maximum goal difference of 8 themselves

If this is not done, FFSA during the week will automatically change the scores to show a maximum goal difference of 8.

Another reminder is that FFSA do not enter goal scorers for any junior matches. This is the responsibility of the person entering the scores following the match and is not a requirement. It is solely up to the club if they wish to enter goal scorers.

Thank you
How silly why not just rid goal diff altogether then and just have points showing if it must be like this
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Dave from Number 12 wrote:

Thank you
How silly why not just rid goal diff altogether then and just have points showing if it must be like this
It also assumes no one at the ground can count.
Go Reds

TRUTH
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by TRUTH »

Thank you
Maybe if FFSA GOT their act together and graded correctly
Also it is unfair to penalize teams that train and work hard against those that treat it as fun
Look overseas and they have competitive competitions from under 8 upwards
Cassio just came back from a competition in Spain that had over 5000 kids from around the world in competition between age 8 to 12
Modified rules
If we want to produce top players we need to get our act together
So far behind the world in junior football

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

TRUTH wrote:

Thank you
Also it is unfair to penalize teams that train and work hard against those that treat it as fun
Cassio just came back from a competition in Spain that had over 5000 kids from around the world in competition between age 8 to 12
Modified rules
If adults can control themselves and focus on development then I’m sure kids can have the competitive league tables, kids & competition have never been a problem, it’s adults trying to be competitive in kids sport that’s forced what we have.

Chico
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chico »

Welcome to SA Football, where the games aren’t real and the points don’t matter!!

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

paul merson wrote:
TRUTH wrote:

Thank you
Modified rules
If adults can control themselves and focus on development then I’m sure kids can have the competitive league tables, kids & competition have never been a problem, it’s adults trying to be competitive in kids sport that’s forced what we have.
Too true. Parents are ruining it for everyone. It's either the snowflakes who want no scores, no tackles, modified rules or the nut jobs who think their 8 year old is playing in the champions league final every week. The crazy minorities are ruining it for the majority.

And to create true world class players they need to be playing competitively from the start. Competitively means playing with a purpose. It doesn't mean disrespecting your opponent or being abused if you lose.
Go Reds

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

All kids are competitive, my under 6 side all know the score even in a training game, as long as that doesn’t influence our decisions as coaches then it’s fine.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

paul merson wrote:All kids are competitive, my under 6 side all know the score even in a training game, as long as that doesn’t influence our decisions as coaches then it’s fine.
100%. They are not silly. And by removing scores and ladders etc it just devalues what they do in their eyes.
Go Reds