Under 17s fees

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Under 17s fees

Post by Nap_65 »

What are your thoughts on clubs trialling for a 17s team for the season back in October 2017 and parents have paid their fees and the club had decided this year to pull the team from the competition due to lack of numbers,now kids are to play under 18s when fees are a third of the juniors and the club refuses to provide difference in fees.
Should the FFSA get involved and force clubs to refund fees? The club committee have refused to refund the fee due to their conditions in not refunding any monies once paid

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Under 17s fees

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Nap_65 wrote:What are your thoughts on clubs trialling for a 17s team for the season back in October 2017 and parents have paid their fees and the club had decided this year to pull the team from the competition due to lack of numbers,now kids are to play under 18s when fees are a third of the juniors and the club refuses to provide difference in fees.
Should the FFSA get involved and force clubs to refund fees? The club committee have refused to refund the fee due to their conditions in not refunding any monies once paid
they need to pay up

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Nap_65 wrote:What are your thoughts on clubs trialling for a 17s team for the season back in October 2017 and parents have paid their fees and the club had decided this year to pull the team from the competition due to lack of numbers,now kids are to play under 18s when fees are a third of the juniors and the club refuses to provide difference in fees.
I would tell Eastern United to pay up :lol:

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Thought most clubs charge the same for 18s and Res as JPL teams? ..

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

Juniors are charged higher rate than 18s and Seniors with extra kit equipment supplied which is not required when playing seniors

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Nap_65 wrote:Juniors are charged higher rate than 18s and Seniors with extra kit equipment supplied which is not required when playing seniors
Know that re the kits but know at least a few clubs are charging around the $950 mark for 18s and Res players

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

At the club we are at the charges are $900 under12s-17s and 18s to seniors are $395

this was stipulated in our letter of offer in which we paid.

i think it is only right the club refunds the difference. I am having a hard time getting our money back and my son is being now implicated and being benched because we want our refund.

my son loves the club however its disgusting how is being treated because we are making enquires about the money.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Nap_65 wrote:At the club we are at the charges are $900 under12s-17s and 18s to seniors are $395

i think it is only right the club refunds the difference. I am having a hard time getting our money back and my son is being now implicated and being benched because we want our refund.

my son loves the club however its disgusting how is being treated because we are making enquires about the money.
Know people playing at Olympic White City and Croydon and the 18s and up fees are mid $900

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

Yes these are all NPL clubs we are at State League 2 club

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

Nap_65 wrote:At the club we are at the charges are $900 under12s-17s and 18s to seniors are $395

If I did this to my customers, I'd end up getting charged.
Clubs seem above the law.

Drancy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Drancy »

The club does not have the obligation to give the difference back but it will be fair to do so.
I know the U18s coach very well for many years. He has refused to get involved with the politics and his selection, with the assistance of the club football director is based purely on performance. Unfortunately the player is not in the first 11 as the coach has a base of 24 players to choose from, a high level of competition.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Drancy wrote:The club does not have the obligation to give the difference back but it will be fair to do so.
I know the U18s coach very well for many years. He has refused to get involved with the politics and his selection, with the assistance of the club football director is based purely on performance. Unfortunately the player is not in the first 11 as the coach has a base of 24 players to choose from, a high level of competition.
if he can’t get in the U18’s team and the U17’s have been pulled then which team does he play his football for?

Drancy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Drancy »

He starts on the bench for the U18 and come on for the last 30- 20 minutes.

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

Drancy wrote:The club does not have the obligation to give the difference back but it will be fair to do so.

The Club not only has an obligation but a right to refund the money to parents who have paid for a service that is not provided. This is only common courtesy. There are parents that have requested the refund with a lame response from the club. We were not communicated that the club had withdrawn the 17s only to find out since the season had begun

as for your second point i have it on good authority that this is is directive from the club president. Explain to me how my son played full game in the first round and was told by his coach he played well and then was benched for the second game and did not play and has been benched since then.

make up your own mind!!! they might have players to chose from however the quality is to be questioned
my son was part of a winning championship team last year playing defence and the team conceded the least goals in the total competition. His confidence has been shot and continues to play in positions which are not his strengths.

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

Drancy wrote:He starts on the bench for the U18 and come on for the last 30- 20 minutes.
I have been to his games with other parents questioning why his he sitting on the bench when there are players that are on the park not performing.

again i question why!!!
if both the coach and the technical director both know that the directive is to not play him i question their integrity in coaching

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

Typical Eastern United aka NAB ... ...

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Nap_65 wrote:
Drancy wrote:He starts on the bench for the U18 and come on for the last 30- 20 minutes.
I have been to his games with other parents questioning why his he sitting on the bench when there are players that are on the park not performing.

again i question why!!!
if both the coach and the technical director both know that the directive is to not play him i question their integrity in coaching
You rocked the boat. You have been black listed.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

limozeen wrote:
Nap_65 wrote:

again i question why!!!
You rocked the boat. You have been black listed.

So its OK for the club to use my son as the pawn just because we want a refund on something we didn't receive

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Nap_65 wrote:So its OK for the club to use my son as the pawn just because we want a refund on something we didn't receive
No it's absolutely not. It's disgusting behaviour. But from the info you've provided that sounds exactly like what's happened.
Go Reds

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

limozeen wrote:
Nap_65 wrote:So its OK for the club to use my son as the pawn just because we want a refund on something we didn't receive
No it's absolutely not. It's disgusting behaviour. But from the info you've provided that sounds exactly like what's happened.

It is Disgusting and my son is standing firm and continues to train at the club how pathetic from the club and officials allowing this to happen.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Nap_65 wrote:
limozeen wrote:

It is Disgusting and my son is standing firm and continues to train at the club how pathetic from the club and officials allowing this to happen.
Unfortunately I don't think it's an isolated case. I wish you all the best with it. For your son's sake. Pathetic taking out "gripes" on children.
Go Reds

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

For me, it's pretty straight forward.

You have paid for a 17's spot and that wasn't available, a full refund should be made available. If he then accepts the 18's position then the appropriate fee is then paid. The club have clearly not kept to their side of any agreement.

If all the parents got together and said they've paid for 17's and that's all they want then the club would be in one hell of a position and would have to make refunds. It may mean missing a week's football though to make your point.

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

God is an Englishman wrote:For me, it's pretty straight forward.

You have paid for a 17's spot and that wasn't available, a full refund should be made available. If he then accepts the 18's position then the appropriate fee is then paid. The club have clearly not kept to their side of any agreement.

If all the parents got together and said they've paid for 17's and that's all they want then the club would be in one hell of a position and would have to make refunds. It may mean missing a week's football though to make your point.
You would think so that a club have some integrity and honesty and repay the parents what they are owed

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Nap_65 wrote:

You would think so that a club have some integrity and honesty and repay the parents what they are owed
The financial thing is straightforward, they have to refund you, if they refuse then take them to the small claims court.

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

magnet wrote:
Nap_65 wrote:

The financial thing is straightforward, they have to refund you, if they refuse then take them to the small claims court.
Yes however will need to wait until the season is over wont be fair on my son whilst he is still at the club however my original question is should the FFSA get involved? They should protect the members form clubs that do this to their member

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Nap_65 wrote:Yes however will need to wait until the season is over wont be fair on my son whilst he is still at the club however my original question is should the FFSA get involved? They should protect the members form clubs that do this to their member
It's got nothing to do with the FFSA. Our club had an issue with three players who moved clubs after a couple of games. They ended up getting a full refund via the small claims court.

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

magnet wrote:
Nap_65 wrote:Yes however will need to wait until the season is over wont be fair on my son whilst he is still at the club however my original question is should the FFSA get involved? They should protect the members form clubs that do this to their member
It's got nothing to do with the FFSA. Our club had an issue with three players who moved clubs after a couple of games. They ended up getting a full refund via the small claims court.
Thanks for the advice still think the clubs should just give the refunds why would they want to ruin their reputation about being unfair

When i was on the committee last year we had a player leave mid season and we still gave half of his money back.

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

Hi Fellow Members thanks for your advice on this matter, the club has met its obligations and have given us full refund at the cost of my son having to leave the club. Its disappointing that my son had to endure an experience in which has made him think twice about playing this great game of ours in the near future. Its a shame how clubs can turn a young passionate and loyal players away from the game he loves.

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

Nap_65 wrote:Hi Fellow Members thanks for your advice on this matter, the club has met its obligations and have given us full refund at the cost of my son having to leave the club. Its disappointing that my son had to endure an experience in which has made him think twice about playing this great game of ours in the near future. Its a shame how clubs can turn a young passionate and loyal players away from the game he loves.

the greed for $$$$$$$ is ruining the game. i hope your son finds a club and gets back to enjoying his soccer

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

Thanks i am hoping as well