U16c Jpl

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Chocco
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

U16c Jpl

Post by Chocco »

Looking at the ffsa website and various scores. How does Olympic win 5-3 over sturt but both teams have 4 scorers?

upsidedown
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: U16c Jpl

Post by upsidedown »

Who is actually responsible for filling in the teamsheets online, noting the goalscorers in the games and filling in the final scores and entering the goal scorers on the website after the game?

In this instance i presume that there was a goalscorer from olympic who was missed and didnt make it onto the website if the actual score was 5 to Olympic. Not sure how sturt have 4 scorers, that would mean whoever entered the final scores has it wrong. Maybe one of the sturt scorers should be put into the Olympic goal scorers area. I havent checked the scorers names against the actual teamsheets.

Seems to me that most of the time the goal scorers aren't noted so hard to believe the total goals scored for the players.

Also whats the requirement for the clubs to fill out the online team sheets before the game. Is it mandatory and do they have to go back and adjust after the game if the players on the hard copy teamsheet are different to those proposed online. There were a handful of online teamsheets not filled out before round 1 games. I saw yesterday comets u14jpl still hadn't been put online. Reckon i saw a cobras one also not completed.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

upsidedown wrote:Who is actually responsible for filling in the teamsheets online, noting the goalscorers in the games and filling in the final scores and entering the goal scorers on the website after the game?

In this instance i presume that there was a goalscorer from olympic who was missed and didnt make it onto the website if the actual score was 5 to Olympic. Not sure how sturt have 4 scorers, that would mean whoever entered the final scores has it wrong. Maybe one of the sturt scorers should be put into the Olympic goal scorers area. I havent checked the scorers names against the actual teamsheets.

Seems to me that most of the time the goal scorers aren't noted so hard to believe the total goals scored for the players.

Also whats the requirement for the clubs to fill out the online team sheets before the game. Is it mandatory and do they have to go back and adjust after the game if the players on the hard copy teamsheet are different to those proposed online. There were a handful of online teamsheets not filled out before round 1 games. I saw yesterday comets u14jpl still hadn't been put online. Reckon i saw a cobras one also not completed.
The Olympic names on the back of the shirts didn't match the team sheet either.

Chocco
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Chocco »

Wow wrong tops?
Maybe some non registered players on the team.

In the end does anyone know the correct score?

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Chocco wrote:Wow wrong tops?

Sure, wrong tops :lol:

tevez.
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by tevez. »

magnet wrote:
upsidedown wrote:Who is actually responsible for filling in the teamsheets online, noting the goalscorers in the games and filling in the final scores and entering the goal scorers on the website after the game?

Does anyone know what the actual ruling is on this though? Because I've noticed as well, many teams who have not completed their online round 1 team-sheets.

Must teams submit their team sheets online - or is it only required that one is given to the referee on game day?

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

tevez. wrote:
magnet wrote:

Does anyone know what the actual ruling is on this though? Because I've noticed as well, many teams who have not completed their online round 1 team-sheets.

Must teams submit their team sheets online - or is it only required that one is given to the referee on game day?
There is no cross checking by the referee. Basically you can play who you want as long as you have a registered name on the team sheet. This has been raised many times at the Junior Delegates meetings but the FFSA have said they are not that interested about accusations of overage players. They just come out with the same "results do not matter" line.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Team managers generally do all that pre/post game.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

KRO
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by KRO »

As team manager I have to lodge scores by 4pm on Sunday.
It took me three goes because fat fingers and small click boxes on phone devices dont always work well.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

limozeen wrote:

It is the managers job however a number of games still don’t have team sheets for last weekends games. This is nothing new and clubs should make sure managers know their roles before they agree to take it up. There is no point having a manager who doesn’t have access to a PC or iPad

tevez.
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by tevez. »

Pie and Bovril wrote:
limozeen wrote:

It is the managers job however a number of games still don’t have team sheets for last weekends games. This is nothing new and clubs should make sure managers know their roles before they agree to take it up. There is no point having a manager who doesn’t have access to a PC or iPad
If they don't submit their team sheets online, is it possible that they may have to forfeit if it reported to the FFSA?

Not saying I'm reporting anyone, I'm just curious for my own teams sake.

upsidedown
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by upsidedown »

Pie and Bovril wrote:
limozeen wrote:

Yeah but you only have 7 days to fill out online!!! And if it doesnt have to line up with what is written on the team sheet sunday morning then it doesnt really matter if a few players change. Hopefully just round 1 issues and it will get sorted. I was more interested to see how serious clubs take it and whether it was compulsory or not.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

upsidedown wrote:Yeah but you only have 7 days to fill out online!!! And if it doesnt have to line up with what is written on the team sheet sunday morning then it doesnt really matter if a few players change. Hopefully just round 1 issues and it will get sorted. I was more interested to see how serious clubs take it and whether it was compulsory or not.
You can fill in multiple games with the same squad and just delete players who are unavailable by hand on the day.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

I know the coach of that team and also the Junior Director and I can tell you they would not allow unregistered players to play ..so you can put that one to bed.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Sacred Noodle wrote:

I know the coach of that team and also the Junior Director and I can tell you they would not allow unregistered players to play ..so you can put that one to bed.
Was that the same coach who refused to leave when the referee tried to send him off?

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Could the teams without team sheets online have submitted a paper version to the Ref they printed off separately? You get get team sheets online that just allow you to type whatever you want then print them without entering into Sports TG.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

Le_God79
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Le_God79 »

Sacred Noodle wrote:

Correct. No ineligible players were playing and everything done correctly...so much so they actually didn't play one player who hadn't registered in time and the 16's goal-keeper who had registration issues so also didn't play (my 15's keeper stepped in last minute to cover and was listed on the team sheet as well as two other 15's players to assist with numbers). Also I've been told everyone was wearing the correct kit. Was Magnet watching the right game :wink: ?

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Le_God79 wrote:
Sacred Noodle wrote:

Correct. No ineligible players were playing and everything done correctly...so much so they actually didn't play one player who hadn't registered in time and the 16's goal-keeper who had registration issues so also didn't play (my 15's keeper stepped in last minute to cover and was listed on the team sheet as well as two other 15's players to assist with numbers). Also I've been told everyone was wearing the correct kit. Was Magnet watching the right game :wink: ?
They had two keepers, one for each half. All I'm saying is that a couple of the players names and numbers on the back of the shirt didn't match the electronic team sheet. That is not to say the paper-copy that was handed to the referee wasn't correct. In years gone by the referees had a couple of days to correct the electronic team sheets but that doesn't happen anymore.

Chocco
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Chocco »

So in the end who won the game or was it a draw?

upsidedown
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by upsidedown »

Chocco wrote:So in the end who won the game or was it a draw?
We have to find jensen brown from the sturt team and ask him. Did you or did you not kick a goal on sunday? His is the only goal noted that doesnt have a time next to it :)

PS it shows that olympic have one win on the table so i guess they won. Lets see how they go with their full u16 team.

Chocco
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Chocco »

Maybe one kicked an own goal.

Just have to say it is a credit to Olympic to be able to get enough players to play u16 this year and be competitive as they had no feeding from last years 15 as they didn’t have a team in that age group.

Most clubs at that age are struggling to find players and they where able to get an entire team.

Well done I say.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Chocco wrote:Maybe one kicked an own goal.

Just have to say it is a credit to Olympic to be able to get enough players to play u16 this year and be competitive as they had no feeding from last years 15 as they didn’t have a team in that age group.

Most clubs at that age are struggling to find players and they where able to get an entire team.

Well done I say.
they don’t have an U17 team this year so last years U16’s are most likely playing again.

Le_God79
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Le_God79 »

Pie and Bovril wrote:

Well done I say.
they don’t have an U17 team this year so last years U16’s are most likely playing again.
2 of the squad were 16's last year, 1 from last years 14's and the rest are new to club

Le_God79
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Le_God79 »

Chocco wrote:So in the end who won the game or was it a draw?
5-3 Olympic's way. I'm guessing the 4th Sturt scorer may have been an own goal?

Sushi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Sushi »

Well done I say.
Zebras currently have similar issues