The ugly side

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

The ugly side

Post by Between the Sticks »

Witnessed something in junior football i never want to see again. An ugly brawl broke out between u14 teams after a silly tackle. If that wasnt bad enough a parent ran onto the field and assaulted a child. I hope the ffsa take a strong stance on this!
retired handy man!

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: The ugly side

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Between the Sticks wrote:Witnessed something in junior football i never want to see again. An ugly brawl broke out between u14 teams after a silly tackle. If that wasnt bad enough a parent ran onto the field and assaulted a child. I hope the ffsa take a strong stance on this!
which game did this happen in?

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Cobras vs Sturt
retired handy man!

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Between the Sticks wrote:Cobras vs Sturt
those middle classed Sturt kids kicking off again

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Pie and Bovril wrote:
Initially no...retaliation yes but the 200kg father was a disgrace
retired handy man!

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

seriously if that parent assualted a kid he should be charged by the police and hate to say this but the team he is associated with should be booted out of the league, i know the kids suffer which is why i have said hate to say this but how the hell are we going to stop this without harsh penalties

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Rookie wrote:seriously if that parent assualted a kid he should be charged by the police and hate to say this but the team he is associated with should be booted out of the league, i know the kids suffer which is why i have said hate to say this but how the hell are we going to stop this without harsh penalties
Agree. Ban the parent for life from attending any football matches, ban his kid and let the team continue to play but every result a 3-0 victory to the opposition regardless of the actual score.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Between the Sticks wrote:
Pie and Bovril wrote:
Initially no...retaliation yes but the 200kg father was a disgrace
I was there and it was a parent of the away team pushing one of his own players over, still disgraceful.

paraliticandroid
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by paraliticandroid »

No parents should be allowed to be in the sidelines unless they are involved in the running of the game i.e. ground stewards etc., some parents make incredibly difficult for coaches and volunteers what is supposed to be a fun weekend sporting activity.

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

You are right magnet. That poor kid was terrified and the beast only stopped because his son pleaded with him. There was so much going on i still dont understand why he did that to a player of his own team. Still assault on a minor.
retired handy man!

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Between the Sticks wrote:You are right magnet. That poor kid was terrified and the beast only stopped because his son pleaded with him. There was so much going on i still dont understand why he did that to a player of his own team. Still assault on a minor.
The fact is an adult ran onto the pitch (yes ran) shoving a player in the chest and knocking him to the ground. He didn't let it end there as he then verbally abused the player.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

magnet wrote:
Between the Sticks wrote:You are right magnet. That poor kid was terrified and the beast only stopped because his son pleaded with him. There was so much going on i still dont understand why he did that to a player of his own team. Still assault on a minor.
The fact is an adult ran onto the pitch (yes ran) shoving a player in the chest and knocking him to the ground. He didn't let it end there as he then verbally abused the player.
Ok so now it gets even weirder. He assaulted a kid from his son's team. I don't condone it either way but this makes it even more moronic.

Ban the fat prick for life, end of story and press charges with the police. Too much of this going on in junior sport
Go Reds

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

FFSA couldnt give a rats .. there was an attempted assault on a 16 year old by a Playford supporter (big fat scum in around his 60's) last year and although bought to Wendy Carter's attention by a number of people it was ignored and swept under the carpet ..

But the shows not over ....

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Sacred Noodle wrote:FFSA couldnt give a rats .. there was an attempted assault on a 16 year old by a Playford supporter (big fat scum in around his 60's) last year and although bought to Wendy Carter's attention by a number of people it was ignored and swept under the carpet ..

Was anything put in writing by the officials to the FFSA?

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Sacred Noodle wrote:FFSA couldnt give a rats .. there was an attempted assault on a 16 year old by a Playford supporter (big fat scum in around his 60's) last year and although bought to Wendy Carter's attention by a number of people it was ignored and swept under the carpet ..

Well perhaps bypass the FFSA and report straight to police?
Go Reds

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Mr Red wrote:

Was anything put in writing by the officials to the FFSA?
Yes .. the official who was sitting up socializing with the Playford supporters for for 20mins prior to the game and afterwards reported the the 16 year old had to be restrained when over 20 witnesses were there to advise FFSA the truth that it was the Playford supporter to had to be restrained.

The boy had just been unjustly sent off and was being abused and heckled by the Playford supporters on his way to the changroom.

Had just shaken hands and laughed with a Playford boy he knew and while walking off said F off to the old Playford guy who was yelling abuse .. the guy jumped out of hos chair and rushed to attack the boy and was only stopped due to other Playford supporters catching him and a very big parent from the boys team running over and blocking the old guy .. the ref who was at the other side of the pitch reported the the boy had gone to confront spectators and had to be restrained .. complete B/S and opposite of what happened.

Re Police have an ex Police friend who has left to study law (criminal) and he was pushing me (and still is) to pursue it via Police but havent done so.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

So the FFSA got a report distorted to what you believe to be the facts behind what happened.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

In that context the cops may not do much about it given nothing actually happened. Kid yelled F-Off at the old guy who lunged but was restrained and the 2 never came to blows as such. Not condoning it but at the same time not sure how much the police could do except for taking a report and keeping it on file.
Go Reds

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Mr Red wrote:So the FFSA got a report distorted to what you believe to be the facts behind what happened.
Absolutely

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

limozeen wrote:In that context the cops may not do much about it given nothing actually happened. Kid yelled F-Off at the old guy who lunged but was restrained and the 2 never came to blows as such. Not condoning it but at the same time not sure how much the police could do except for taking a report and keeping it on file.
Attempted assault of a minor is a criminal offence

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Sacred Noodle wrote:
limozeen wrote:In that context the cops may not do much about it given nothing actually happened. Kid yelled F-Off at the old guy who lunged but was restrained and the 2 never came to blows as such. Not condoning it but at the same time not sure how much the police could do except for taking a report and keeping it on file.
Attempted assault of a minor is a criminal offence
Well then I stand corrected. I would report to the Police 100%. What we do nothing about if what we accept.
Go Reds

Chocco
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Chocco »

I don’t understand, if a spectator touched my child then I would touch the spectator and am sure that person would never ever touch anyone again.
I would say that person is a ferral and a scum, hopefully never returns to the game.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

I have to say that Cobras should take steps to make sure this guy is no longer involved. You can’t have a parent attending games who has struck a 13 year old child.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Pie and Bovril wrote:I have to say that Cobras should take steps to make sure this guy is no longer involved. You can’t have a parent attending games who has struck a 13 year old child.
Was it Cobras or Sturt? I read it as being a Sturt parent.
Go Reds

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

limozeen wrote:

:!:

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

limozeen wrote:
Pie and Bovril wrote:I have to say that Cobras should take steps to make sure this guy is no longer involved. You can’t have a parent attending games who has struck a 13 year old child.
Was it Cobras or Sturt? I read it as being a Sturt parent.
Cobras, he has also been named in the referees report.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

let's see what happens here now

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Rookie wrote:
limozeen wrote:

:!:
Well based on the above comment that FFSA weren't interested that's probably the only course of action
Go Reds

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

I hope the FFSA sort the players disciplinary action out soon. It leaves the boys in limbo. Sure they’ve done the wrong thing in the heat of the moment but we are talking about 13 year old kids who want to get on with their football.

mappa
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by mappa »

So has noone been charged yet? What about the parent? How many kids are involved