Fine ?

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Fine ?

Post by romarios shin »

Last edited by romarios shin on Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Fine ?

Post by Mr Red »

In 2015 it would have been a level 4 fine $500 - don't know what it would be now though.

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

romarios shin wrote:Can anyone tell me what the fine is for pulling a team out of the JPL at this stage of the year.

My son's team are really struggling for players (they have 8 at this stage) and the coach has informed them that the team might be pulled from the league.

surely it is financially better for clubs to get players in and not charge them fees just so they can field a team?
Which age group and club?

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

U12.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

romarios shin wrote:U12.
I know some western and central clubs looking for players in that age group

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

rossonero wrote:
you can see from the structure that teams like Vipers struggle with numbers in an area which is over populated with clubs. The Western region has far too many clubs.

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

its a shame because when you look at other clubs in the Adelaide region they could have 4 or 5 teams in each age group. Western suburbs has way too many teams.

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

Best bet would be to find another club. Would be heartbreaking for the kids to miss if your club dont find anymore players

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Slide Tackle wrote:Best bet would be to find another club. Would be heartbreaking for the kids to miss if your club dont find anymore players
100% agree. Don't wait for a miracle, move on. I accept it's hard if you've been at the club for a while but any longer and there will be no spots for him to move to.

What about U11. Do they have any extra players who could play up?
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

finnidi george
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by finnidi george »

Which club is your son playing for now limozeen?

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

finnidi george wrote:Which club is your son playing for now limozeen?
My son is at Raiders
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

rossonero wrote:

who ?

Redflag1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Redflag1 »

Problem is he has probably paid a deposit which he won't get back.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Redflag1 wrote:Problem is he has probably paid a deposit which he won't get back.
sorry, if the club cannot field a team he will get his money back

Redflag1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Redflag1 »

magnet wrote:
Redflag1 wrote:Problem is he has probably paid a deposit which he won't get back.
sorry, if the club cannot field a team he will get his money back
Depends on if he leaves before the team is pulled and the club I guess.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

romarios shin wrote:
rossonero wrote:

who ?
West Adelaide are looking for players for their under 13 b team

runcorn2adelaide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by runcorn2adelaide »

If its an NPL club they will be under massive pressure to field a team in every age group.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

runcorn2adelaide wrote:If its an NPL club they will be under massive pressure to field a team in every age group.
Doesn't always work like that does it......... :wink:

futdraft
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by futdraft »

rossonero wrote:
don't go to the club based in the Port area. my son played there for 2 years, worst decision we ever made. coaches were great but you could see they were up against it. such a badly run club (in my opinion)

Chocco
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Chocco »

Firstly if the club is in the NPL then the fine is worse as the club needs to field a team in every age group, it may be a 500 dollar fine but then could be subject to loss of points.

At under 12 level, kids seem to come out of the woodwork at the beginning of the year and before long the club will prob turn players away.

Western suburbs as mentioned has too many teams in a popular afl football region. You can’t have so many clubs within a small area eg port, strikers, croydon, vipers, victory, olympic,Fulham, White city. They all struggle with numbers and sponsors all of them are eating from the same pie. It was only 4 years ago and in every Western messenger the front page story was that clubs needed more space as they have too turn too many kids away as there was no room.

The post about the port club? Poorly run? You will find all clubs are run by volunteers so the more they have the better run the club. Not sure which club it is you are mentioning but maybe a few helpers may have made it a better organised club.

upsidedown
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by upsidedown »

romarios shin wrote:Can anyone tell me what the fine is for pulling a team out of the JPL at this stage of the year.

My son's team are really struggling for players (they have 8 at this stage) and the coach has informed them that the team might be pulled from the league.

surely it is financially better for clubs to get players in and not charge them fees just so they can field a team?

Seems odd that a club can't field one under 12 team. Don't player numbers start to drop off around under 14? Are the older teams in the same club also struggling for numbers or had a few bad years across the board? I know there are at least 3 clubs in the west that have posted in the Player Coach Finder forum looking for players from 13s to 16s.

Not sure of the reasons exactly. Sometimes clubs go through a couple of bad years before they bounce back. Maybe the current coaches aren't that good or poorly managed then a new crop come through it picks up. Or a fair few of their teams aren't doing well so nobody wants to go there as the club gets a bad reputation. I have seen a few teams filled in with more than a few younger kids playing up to make up the numbers and the results haven't been good.

If they are struggling for numbers at the start of the season then the team could be in real trouble when winter hits , people stop coming to training cause its too cold, illness and injury kicks in and you are casting around for fill ins every sunday. Been there done that. Not good.

Hopefully you get a few extras coming in or ring around and see what other clubs have a few extra vacancies.good luck.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

U12 should be the easiest age group to fill. It’s the age group that generally has the most teams. I guess it’s hard to blame the club for wanting to try and give themselves every opportunity of fielding a team but 8 players is very low given that there is only 10 weeks until start of season. If the club has had 3 months to find players then they will be hard pressed to recruit with this short space of time left. I would be asking for my deposit back ASAP and finding another club.