Goalkeeper Using Ball As Weapon?

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

JackRoo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Goalkeeper Using Ball As Weapon?

Post by JackRoo »

Goalkeeper with ball in hands inside the box, kicks it out, ball strikes opposition player outside of the box. Referee call violent conduct, red cards the keeper, and awards a penalty. On the card writes "using ball as weapon". Thoughts?

youreds15
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Goalkeeper Using Ball As Weapon?

Post by youreds15 »

Surely not??? what age group?

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

JackRoo wrote:Goalkeeper with ball in hands inside the box, kicks it out, ball strikes opposition player outside of the box. Referee call violent conduct, red cards the keeper, and awards a penalty. On the card writes "using ball as weapon". Thoughts?
The way you wrote it sounds like he was hard done by!
But there's always two sides to a story and multiple opinions from other witnesses, so this goes into the "cool story bro" folder for me :wink:
End of the day, how good is football!! :)

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Nova wrote:
JackRoo wrote:Goalkeeper with ball in hands inside the box, kicks it out, ball strikes opposition player outside of the box. Referee call violent conduct, red cards the keeper, and awards a penalty. On the card writes "using ball as weapon". Thoughts?
The way you wrote it sounds like he was hard done by!

But there's always two sides to a story and multiple opinions from other witnesses, so this goes into the "cool story bro" folder for me :wink:

End of the day, how good is football!! :)
+1

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

If you deliberately kick the ball at someone in a violent manner then it is a red card. Roy Keane was sent off v Newcastle for throwing a ball at someone and I remember a Millwall player Adrian Serioux having the same for deliberately throwing the ball at someone when taking a throw in.

The restart confuses me though, trying to think whether the foul would be where the ball was kicked or where it hit the person. I guess it's the act that is the foul not the contact itself, so I'm thinking a penalty could be correct.

One of those incidents though that you would have to see to decide whether it was a deliberate act or not.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

if keeper was trying to "BOMB" it long then yes he's using it as a weapon