Round 3 big results

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Le_God79
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Round 3 big results

Post by Le_God79 »

geoff9559 wrote:looks like Playford have been moved from U14 JPL Pool B.....now there's byes all over the place.........

But good that the FFSA have moved them like they did with Strikers last year.
Would have been handy if they'd realised Playford were not good enough before we had to travel up there for an 8pm kick-off on a school night...!!! I'm not quite sure what result they were expecting but it was always going to be one way traffic unfortunately...

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Le_God79 wrote:
geoff9559 wrote:looks like Playford have been moved from U14 JPL Pool B.....now there's byes all over the place.........

Would have been handy if they'd realised Playford were not good enough before we had to travel up there for an 8pm kick-off on a school night...!!! I'm not quite sure what result they were expecting but it was always going to be one way traffic unfortunately...
yeah they should have forfeit because the mighty Olympic were coming to town :lol:

The FFSA didn't inform clubs about this change, they've simply just done it. They won't get much respite in that league either.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Teams need to drop down to the lowest league that matches their ability and performance.

Scrap the JSL and form ONE JUNIOR LEAGUE with as many divisions as required.

As pointed out some teams are not good enough for JPL C. They need to be with the JSL teams.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Le_God79 wrote:

Completely agree, teams should forfeit immediately if they are going to play a team better than them. There's no point in trying to improve. Accept someone is better and give up.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Le_God79 wrote:

Completely agree, teams should forfeit immediately if they are going to play a team better than them. There's no point in trying to improve. Accept someone is better and give up.
Ironic that it comes from the same club who's U14's last year were getting beat 17-0, 19-0, 21-0. You would have thought he'd have some sympathy.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

Queue...Chocco :-)... .olympic dont have a U15s this year!! But joke aside will the same happen to playford? That next year there's no u15s due to the hammering or is it possible that because they've been moved ....its caught and they can salvage a team for next year like Strikers u13s of last year...this year in u14s?

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

geoff9559 wrote:Queue...Chocco :-)... .olympic dont have a U15s this year!! But joke aside will the same happen to playford? That next year there's no u15s due to the hammering or is it possible that because they've been moved ....its caught and they can salvage a team for next year like Strikers u13s of last year...this year in u14s?
Top four teams in the C's will beat them by 20+ goals. They should have been put in the U14 JSL Red

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Adelaide Victory U13 JPLB are being replaced with Modbury Vista U13 JPLC

Le_God79
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Le_God79 »

Le_God79 wrote:

So judging by what you are saying they should still be in the league? Why not give them another chance to improve?

It was clear at -93 after 6 games and a request from the team to be dropped that they were going so why force a team to play a mid-week game a fair distance from home on a school night? Would it have not been sensible (as I assume they already knew they were going) to have postponed the game?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Le_God79 wrote:So judging by what you are saying they should still be in the league? Why not give them another chance to improve?

It was clear at -93 after 6 games and a request from the team to be dropped that they were going so why force a team to play a mid-week game a fair distance from home on a school night? Would it have not been sensible (as I assume they already knew they were going) to have postponed the game?
The right decision was made but you give the impression that Playford shouldn't have dared turn up to play you with a weak side.

You should never assume. It could have been that the 20 nil, forced the decision. Maybe they decided to give them a certain amount of games. Maybe the meeting to discuss this was after the game.

So many possibilities.

Le_God79
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Le_God79 »

Le_God79 wrote:So judging by what you are saying they should still be in the league? Why not give them another chance to improve?

The right decision was made but you give the impression that Playford shouldn't have dared turn up to play you with a weak side.

You should never assume. It could have been that the 20 nil, forced the decision. Maybe they decided to give them a certain amount of games. Maybe the meeting to discuss this was after the game.

So many possibilities.
So would you say the timing was sensible given all objective factors?

Le_God79
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Le_God79 »

[/quote] Would have been handy if they'd realised Playford were not good enough before we had to travel up there for an 8pm kick-off on a school night...!!! I'm not quite sure what result they were expecting but it was always going to be one way traffic unfortunately...[/quote]

Completely agree, teams should forfeit immediately if they are going to play a team better than them. There's no point in trying to improve. Accept someone is better and give up.[/quote]Ironic that it comes from the same club who's U14's last year were getting beat 17-0, 19-0, 21-0. You would have thought he'd have some sympathy.[/quote]

I did have sympathy for the lads - read back. If Seaford or Noarlunga had to come and play our 14's last year at 8pm on a Wednesday night then the next day found out that the game was all for nothing then I'd have some sympathy for them too...sounds more like a lack of planning and thought process and ended up being a complete waste of time for all involved including Playford. I think you completely missed the point..

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Le_God79 wrote:
I did have sympathy for the lads - read back. If Seaford or Noarlunga had to come and play our 14's last year at 8pm on a Wednesday night then the next day found out that the game was all for nothing then I'd have some sympathy for them too...sounds more like a lack of planning and thought process and ended up being a complete waste of time for all involved including Playford. I think you completely missed the point..[/quote]

You are making an assumption that Playford knew they were moving leagues before Wednesday night. Playford requested they be moved but that decision may well have been after your game.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Le_God79 wrote:

So many possibilities.
So would you say the timing was sensible given all objective factors?
I don't know all the "objective factors", I'm not assuming.

I think the FFSA should have rushed through a decision so you weren't made to play a football match. I mean, we all know how much kids at football clubs hate playing football.

I also think Playford should have forfeited because they were playing a better team than them.

Le_God79
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Le_God79 »

Pie and Bovril wrote:
Le_God79 wrote:
I did have sympathy for the lads - read back. If Seaford or Noarlunga had to come and play our 14's last year at 8pm on a Wednesday night then the next day found out that the game was all for nothing then I'd have some sympathy for them too...sounds more like a lack of planning and thought process and ended up being a complete waste of time for all involved including Playford. I think you completely missed the point..
You are making an assumption that Playford knew they were moving leagues before Wednesday night. Playford requested they be moved but that decision may well have been after your game.[/quote]

I was informed they'd already asked to be moved and the FFSA were aware of this. This isn't a crack at Playford...

Anyway, it's all done and dusted. I hope they get some points on the board soon (although note you have already ASSUMED they are going to get pumped by the top four teams in JPL C...)

Le_God79
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Le_God79 »

[/quote] It was clear at -93 after 6 games and a request from the team to be dropped that they were going so why force a team to play a mid-week game a fair distance from home on a school night? Would it have not been sensible (as I assume they already knew they were going) to have postponed the game?[/quote]

So many possibilities.[/quote]

So would you say the timing was sensible given all objective factors?[/quote]

I don't know all the "objective factors", I'm not assuming.

I think the FFSA should have rushed through a decision so you weren't made to play a football match. I mean, we all know how much kids at football clubs hate playing football.

I also think Playford should have forfeited because they were playing a better team than them.[/quote]

Why bother joining a discussion when you clearly don't know anything about the topic (or perhaps reading some of the previous posts might help)? Why do you keep saying Playford should forfeit? Nobody has suggested that...and yes (most of) my kids did hate playing on Wednesday as they knew the very likely outcome - not every kid likes going out just to win by some ridiculous score and basically have little opposition. It's not their fault, not Playford's but I'd say the objective facts well before our game would suggest this decision could have been made earlier to avoid what has turned out to be a waste of time. Perhaps you think there is still some hope for a team who are -93 after just 6 games, I'd say most people (oh sorry to assume) would not...

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Le_God79 wrote: Why bother joining a discussion when you clearly don't know anything about the topic (or perhaps reading some of the previous posts might help)? Why do you keep saying Playford should forfeit? Nobody has suggested that...and yes (most of) my kids did hate playing on Wednesday as they knew the very likely outcome - not every kid likes going out just to win by some ridiculous score and basically have little opposition. It's not their fault, not Playford's but I'd say the objective facts well before our game would suggest this decision could have been made earlier to avoid what has turned out to be a waste of time. Perhaps you think there is still some hope for a team who are -93 after just 6 games, I'd say most people (oh sorry to assume) would not...
Seeing as you know so much about the subject then. Perhaps you could tell me when the FFSA had their meeting to discuss this? What was their criteria for making the decision?

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Le_God79 wrote:
Pie and Bovril wrote:
Le_God79 wrote:
You are making an assumption that Playford knew they were moving leagues before Wednesday night. Playford requested they be moved but that decision may well have been after your game.
I was informed they'd already asked to be moved and the FFSA were aware of this. This isn't a crack at Playford...

Anyway, it's all done and dusted. I hope they get some points on the board soon (although note you have already ASSUMED they are going to get pumped by the top four teams in JPL C...)[/quote]I know they will get beaten in the JPLC based on their results in the JPLB, let's call it a prediction.

Le_God79
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Le_God79 »

Le_God79 wrote: Why bother joining a discussion when you clearly don't know anything about the topic (or perhaps reading some of the previous posts might help)? Why do you keep saying Playford should forfeit? Nobody has suggested that...and yes (most of) my kids did hate playing on Wednesday as they knew the very likely outcome - not every kid likes going out just to win by some ridiculous score and basically have little opposition. It's not their fault, not Playford's but I'd say the objective facts well before our game would suggest this decision could have been made earlier to avoid what has turned out to be a waste of time. Perhaps you think there is still some hope for a team who are -93 after just 6 games, I'd say most people (oh sorry to assume) would not...
Seeing as you know so much about the subject then. Perhaps you could tell me when the FFSA had their meeting to discuss this? What was their criteria for making the decision?
Haha this could go on right?!

So if you were the governing body, a team has handed in a request to be dropped down a league. Stats show -93 after 6 games and lost a game 15-0 against a team that lost to the next opposition 13-0. That next game is a late Wednesday night game a reasonable distance away from the opposition on a school night. Would you, in your sole opinion if you were in charge, think it's sensible to pull the pin before this game (whether that is announcement to confirm the team gets dropped down or just postponing the game for a later date if the procedure is a meeting to decide the next day) or wait for the team to get well beaten again (which objectively looking at the statistics for both teams was as likely as the sun coming up the next morning)?

It is very interesting that everyone is happy to have a crack thinking I'm arrogant/assumptive but on the previous couple of pages you were all whinging that it's unfair to keep the team where they are etc when they are getting beaten heavily each and every game. Whether it was Olympic or any other team that had to play at that time of night and travel for a nothing game for both teams it doesn't really matter - it's relatively poor organising in my opinion as this decision should have been made sooner.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Le_God79 wrote:

So if you were the governing body, a team has handed in a request to be dropped down a league. Stats show -93 after 6 games and lost a game 15-0 against a team that lost to the next opposition 13-0. That next game is a late Wednesday night game a reasonable distance away from the opposition on a school night. Would you, in your sole opinion if you were in charge, think it's sensible to pull the pin before this game (whether that is announcement to confirm the team gets dropped down or just postponing the game for a later date if the procedure is a meeting to decide the next day) or wait for the team to get well beaten again (which objectively looking at the statistics for both teams was as likely as the sun coming up the next morning)?

It is very interesting that everyone is happy to have a crack thinking I'm arrogant/assumptive but on the previous couple of pages you were all whinging that it's unfair to keep the team where they are etc when they are getting beaten heavily each and every game. Whether it was Olympic or any other team that had to play at that time of night and travel for a nothing game for both teams it doesn't really matter - it's relatively poor organising in my opinion as this decision should have been made sooner.
You may find this hard to believe, but it's not all about you and your team. So, one minute you think it's the right decision and now people are whingeing for saying it's a decision to be made. MAKE YOUR MIND UP!

They moved a number of teams around divisions, not just one in your division.

So, when did the FFSA hold their meeting about these clubs?

I still can't actually believe that the Olympic team don't want to actually play football. Maybe they should be moved to a more "social" league if that is the case.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Le_God79 wrote:

The FFSA have today made changes to the U12 and U13 JPL leagues so they obviously have a set time frame for the leagues to settle before making changes. You could have postponed the game yourself.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Le_God79 wrote:

You are coming across as a complete and utter tool

Le_God79
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Le_God79 »

[/quote] Seeing as you know so much about the subject then. Perhaps you could tell me when the FFSA had their meeting to discuss this? What was their criteria for making the decision?[/quote]

It is very interesting that everyone is happy to have a crack thinking I'm arrogant/assumptive but on the previous couple of pages you were all whinging that it's unfair to keep the team where they are etc when they are getting beaten heavily each and every game. Whether it was Olympic or any other team that had to play at that time of night and travel for a nothing game for both teams it doesn't really matter - it's relatively poor organising in my opinion as this decision should have been made sooner.[/quote]

You may find this hard to believe, but it's not all about you and your team. So, one minute you think it's the right decision and now people are whingeing for saying it's a decision to be made. MAKE YOUR MIND UP!

They moved a number of teams around divisions, not just one in your division.

So, when did the FFSA hold their meeting about these clubs?

I still can't actually believe that the Olympic team don't want to actually play football. Maybe they should be moved to a more "social" league if that is the case.[/quote]

Talk about blowing this out of proportion buddy. Part of this was about me and my team - not all but part. If you bothered to read I feel sorry that the opponents had to turn up to a game that was not in their interests as well. All I'm saying is why pull the pin the day after, it makes no sense and was a waste of time (and you still haven't answered the question I posed to you wither).
Believe it or not this topic is not all about you and your sarcastic approach either but if it makes you feel better about yourself and you are not happy to debate rationally then keep on going...

Le_God79
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Le_God79 »

magnet wrote:
Le_God79 wrote:

You are coming across as a complete and utter tool
Awesome contribution to the discussion mate. Have you thought about a role in politics?

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

Gareth???? Calm your farm..... West Adelaide DID get their 8pm wednesday night match put off until a more reasonable time could be agreed to. Perhaps the Olympic management or junior coaching director contact ffsa and playford prior to the game to put it off. There is a game on 31st may (wed 8pm) against westies....perhaps contact them to change the time unless they have done so. Cheers geoff9559

Le_God79
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Le_God79 »

geoff9559 wrote:Gareth???? Calm your farm..... West Adelaide DID get their 8pm wednesday night match put off until a more reasonable time could be agreed to. Perhaps the Olympic management or junior coaching director contact ffsa and playford prior to the game to put it off. There is a game on 31st may (wed 8pm) against westies....perhaps contact them to change the time unless they have done so. Cheers geoff9559
Hey Geoff - I'm all good. Just some top quality banter to finish off the week :wink: . If I'd known they were being pulled for sure then I would have instigated a postponement but it could have been taken as an insult without knowing for sure. All I was asking for is a common sense approach for the good of all!

If you guys are planning on pulling out the league the day after and moving 30-40kms North (or south/east for that matter) then we might get the game re-arranged/canned :D - failing that unlikely event we'll be there and hopefully it'll be a good game. Nothing wrong with playing meaningful games at that time particularly between two team close in location.

I hope your lad is enjoying his new club and might see you at the game...

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

You have an awesome squad......with some that you have I was surprised you were able to keep a score of 20:0 considering what your players did to Cobras earlier. I guess the main point of all this is that there are a few teams out in the Junior Divisions who are getting smashed, might not be getting support from their club but are trying their best with what they have. We all saw that with several teams last season and the big thing is we are again seeing it occur this season and it feels (to me) that the FFSA have not been pro-active in addressing some of this. Over two years ago there was a Junior Coordinators meeting that i attended where there was a request to form a group to discuss the direction of the competition..........I've never heard anything come from it.
There is more concern to field junior teams (un-competitive or competitive) to meet the requirements for being able to field seniors in the appropriate league. If you are in a Premier League club you have to field a team in all age groups, for State League 1 three in the JPL and 2 miniroos.....we all know the rules. Depending on the region it can be easy or hard to meet this requirement.....but still the underlying factor is for a club to nominate a team regardless of quality or numbers to meet this and to meet the infrastructure requirements.....both seem to hold equal weight in the eyes of the FFSA (in my opinion).
THere are many reasons that the FFSA have stipulated these requirements ....some dont make sense to me and I personally feel that we have lost sight of what the competition is about......developing junior players in a competitive environment that has a set of rules to abide by and an overarching system that supports said competition....with an aim for them to enjoy the sport and remain in it at a senior level with all the skills and knowledge required to be a good competitive player. The management of the competition is somewhat to be desired as who plays junior matches during school holidays? who allows a fabricated social divide between Junior Premier League and Junior Secondary League....I like what has been put forward of getting rid of JSL and just having JPL...it would increase depth, remove the perceived stigma around JSL and open up the competition to other clubs who currently are not affiliated but could be if there was a well run competition. Perhaps the juniors and senior system should not be reliant on each other and be deemed separate...not saying separate clubs just make the junior comp have no rules that impact on the senior competition - ie having to field teams in all leagues to be able to be a Premier League club in the Premier League....just have the rules on infrastructure to dictate whether a club makes the minimum requirements of a PL club......yes this is flawed in SA but in other countries it seems to work.
I believe that whatever the banter/discussion on/about the plight of the Playford U14 JPL squad (and it could be other squads but this one has fallen a long way) it is all of us showing / indicating concern over a group of juniors who we could lose from the competition in the future. It was indicated that some of these kids are playing up and would be good in their age.....we could lose them and they could have added to the depth of the competition at their age if they are that good. It was also mentioned that some clubs are not thinking of the kids when they nominate and it was in February that Playford were still advertising for field players for this squad and a goalkeeper.....that's not a good sign and someone within the Playford management should have been asking questions about whether this squad would be competitive in Pool B. It's not the kids by the sound of it, it's our system that we have and I am going to go out on a limb and say people in our clubs who are out of touch with what is happening at the Junior level and want to maintain the perception around their club that they have "only A Pool JPL teams" or "offer 'Centres of Excellence Academies' ...... this is Adelaide, it's not a big competition compared to other cities or countries......but it could be if there was more consultation at grassroots level, if there was a better planned approach to how the competitions are run. We dont see FFSA representatives or Coaches coming out to clubs on an evening to assist with development, to offer additional support ...... or even to chat to find out what is happening........if the FFSA had been pro-active and contacted clubs asking if the Pools were okay after the first couple of rounds (yes they send out draft pools but that doesnt mean much until the teams start playing (and yes someone said that perhaps Playford had met the top teams first) then perhaps something like the Playford U14 issue could have been avoided.....but hey they could have done this in 2016 with Strikers and Olympic or in 2015 with Pirates....there's lots of examples each year but we (the State run competition) dont seem to be learning from this nor modifying the rules.....just making exceptions (yes Chocco there's no U15s at Olympic for 2017 :-) )........ I dont believe my above soapbox is off topic just perhaps offering further discussion on not how to avoid big results as they will happen no matter ....but more to avoid future 'disasters' where a team has been placed in the wrong level and left there too long.....how could the FFSA pro-actively fix the issue?? And for me playing midweek at 8pm for U14s is awful as it is a school week, many of these players at this age (U14s) have just started high school.....I can go with a Friday night being late but 8pm means near 9.30pm to finish and then driving home and for some that could be another hour's drive....then the kid has to shower and get ready for bed.....maybe have to forget about homework for that night which could be problematic...... Even one of these late(ish) games could impact on the performance of a child at school the next day. Yes it is down to the availability of the venue but communicate, negotiate and see if a better time can be achieved. Sorry long spiel but this has been happening for too long and the FFSA dont seem to be listening in my opinion.......we need people to stay in the comp not leave because of blinkered / red tape / rules that do not assist in expanding the competition. Cheers Geoff9559

Le_God79
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Le_God79 »

geoff9559 wrote:You have an awesome squad......with some that you have I was surprised you were able to keep a score of 20:0 considering what your players did to Cobras earlier. I guess the main point of all this is that there are a few teams out in the Junior Divisions who are getting smashed, might not be getting support from their club but are trying their best with what they have. We all saw that with several teams last season and the big thing is we are again seeing it occur this season and it feels (to me) that the FFSA have not been pro-active in addressing some of this. Over two years ago there was a Junior Coordinators meeting that i attended where there was a request to form a group to discuss the direction of the competition..........I've never heard anything come from it.
There is more concern to field junior teams (un-competitive or competitive) to meet the requirements for being able to field seniors in the appropriate league. If you are in a Premier League club you have to field a team in all age groups, for State League 1 three in the JPL and 2 miniroos.....we all know the rules. Depending on the region it can be easy or hard to meet this requirement.....but still the underlying factor is for a club to nominate a team regardless of quality or numbers to meet this and to meet the infrastructure requirements.....both seem to hold equal weight in the eyes of the FFSA (in my opinion).
THere are many reasons that the FFSA have stipulated these requirements ....some dont make sense to me and I personally feel that we have lost sight of what the competition is about......developing junior players in a competitive environment that has a set of rules to abide by and an overarching system that supports said competition....with an aim for them to enjoy the sport and remain in it at a senior level with all the skills and knowledge required to be a good competitive player. The management of the competition is somewhat to be desired as who plays junior matches during school holidays? who allows a fabricated social divide between Junior Premier League and Junior Secondary League....I like what has been put forward of getting rid of JSL and just having JPL...it would increase depth, remove the perceived stigma around JSL and open up the competition to other clubs who currently are not affiliated but could be if there was a well run competition. Perhaps the juniors and senior system should not be reliant on each other and be deemed separate...not saying separate clubs just make the junior comp have no rules that impact on the senior competition - ie having to field teams in all leagues to be able to be a Premier League club in the Premier League....just have the rules on infrastructure to dictate whether a club makes the minimum requirements of a PL club......yes this is flawed in SA but in other countries it seems to work.
I believe that whatever the banter/discussion on/about the plight of the Playford U14 JPL squad (and it could be other squads but this one has fallen a long way) it is all of us showing / indicating concern over a group of juniors who we could lose from the competition in the future. It was indicated that some of these kids are playing up and would be good in their age.....we could lose them and they could have added to the depth of the competition at their age if they are that good. It was also mentioned that some clubs are not thinking of the kids when they nominate and it was in February that Playford were still advertising for field players for this squad and a goalkeeper.....that's not a good sign and someone within the Playford management should have been asking questions about whether this squad would be competitive in Pool B. It's not the kids by the sound of it, it's our system that we have and I am going to go out on a limb and say people in our clubs who are out of touch with what is happening at the Junior level and want to maintain the perception around their club that they have "only A Pool JPL teams" or "offer 'Centres of Excellence Academies' ...... this is Adelaide, it's not a big competition compared to other cities or countries......but it could be if there was more consultation at grassroots level, if there was a better planned approach to how the competitions are run. We dont see FFSA representatives or Coaches coming out to clubs on an evening to assist with development, to offer additional support ...... or even to chat to find out what is happening........if the FFSA had been pro-active and contacted clubs asking if the Pools were okay after the first couple of rounds (yes they send out draft pools but that doesnt mean much until the teams start playing (and yes someone said that perhaps Playford had met the top teams first) then perhaps something like the Playford U14 issue could have been avoided.....but hey they could have done this in 2016 with Strikers and Olympic or in 2015 with Pirates....there's lots of examples each year but we (the State run competition) dont seem to be learning from this nor modifying the rules.....just making exceptions (yes Chocco there's no U15s at Olympic for 2017 :-) )........ I dont believe my above soapbox is off topic just perhaps offering further discussion on not how to avoid big results as they will happen no matter ....but more to avoid future 'disasters' where a team has been placed in the wrong level and left there too long.....how could the FFSA pro-actively fix the issue?? And for me playing midweek at 8pm for U14s is awful as it is a school week, many of these players at this age (U14s) have just started high school.....I can go with a Friday night being late but 8pm means near 9.30pm to finish and then driving home and for some that could be another hour's drive....then the kid has to shower and get ready for bed.....maybe have to forget about homework for that night which could be problematic...... Even one of these late(ish) games could impact on the performance of a child at school the next day. Yes it is down to the availability of the venue but communicate, negotiate and see if a better time can be achieved. Sorry long spiel but this has been happening for too long and the FFSA dont seem to be listening in my opinion.......we need people to stay in the comp not leave because of blinkered / red tape / rules that do not assist in expanding the competition. Cheers Geoff9559
So yes we could have cranked up the result but there wasn't really any point (you'll notice by the goalscorers the reigns where set from the beginning). The boys didn't celebrate any goals other than some very minor high five-ing but I think we hit the woodwork around about 7 or eight times. I was hoping to keep below 15 to be honest (who knows what the etiquette is regarding score) but the sub looking after the scoreboard for them lost count and left it at 10-0 until we got to 19! They really are a great bunch (Playford) and didn't seem too phased at the end of the game so for their spirit I really hope they get some results in JPL C but I still think perhaps the players are in the wrong age group not just the wrong ability level.

As for fielding teams according to the seniors standing I 100% agree with you. It is however a directive of the FFA (so not the FFSA fault) for the rules regarding junior teams. Let's be honest the money is with the juniors so I'm sure all teams would field as many teams as they could for purely financial reasons. It makes no sense for a club to send out a team to say JPL if they can only scratch up players a couple of years above their actual age group though - nobody wins except perhaps the senior team that doesn't lose points. As has been pointed out quite frequently we got hit last year with our under 14's many of whom were playing two years above their age group with my boys (under 13's at the time) filling in the gaps after playing a full game in their own age group which meant we had a few more injuries than usual. Not really the clubs fault, definitely not the players/parents fault but just a result of the system that we have to play within.

Personally I think the framework should be a lot free-er in the junior ranks. If team want to put teams in then happy days, if not then why impact the senior crew? Forcing teams is a gateway to disaster even at the younger age groups where players are forced to play an age group or two above to satisfy the requirements of the senior team. A straight league rather than JPL/JSL seems sensible and to be honest it wouldn't really bother me if they made it so Adelaide City, as an example, ended up with 4 teams in JPL A...if they were the best teams at that age group then who cares? And on how teams are divided up perhaps noting (not publishing) the scores at under 11's would be beneficial for grading when they get to under 12's. No system will be perfect but I'm certain the current one can be improved upon.

Le_God79
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Le_God79 »

Pie and Bovril wrote:
Le_God79 wrote:
You are making an assumption that Playford knew they were moving leagues before Wednesday night. Playford requested they be moved but that decision may well have been after your game.[/quote]

Anyway, it's all done and dusted. I hope they get some points on the board soon (although note you have already ASSUMED they are going to get pumped by the top four teams in JPL C...)[/quote]I know they will get beaten in the JPLC based on their results in the JPLB, let's call it a prediction.[/quote]

So similar to my internal prediction that we were going to beat them fairly well in score terms and that if anybody was considering dropping them a league prior to the game based on the result, the game was a waste of time?

Chocco
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Chocco »

a few points.

Last year when the U13 Western strikers team was scheduled to go to Port Pirie in round 4 or 5, on the Thursday before their game it became postponed and then the FFSA made all the changes the following week. Maybe they could have done something similar in the Olympic case as driving 30 km in non peak hour is such a huge problem for them and so similar to going to Playford.

Last year the FFSA could not put the Olympic U14jpl team in the JSL as the rules state that any NPL club must have a team in every age group so that would not be allowed. But for some reason the Olympic don't need to have any team in the U15 this year.

At least with the reaction from FFSA last year allowed the Western strikers to field a team in U14 this year, maybe if they did the same with Olympic last year then they would have team this year in the 15s