2017 fixtures

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

2017 fixtures

Post by fball12 »

When do the junior fixtures go online and the Junior calendar?

Surely with a month to go to season start, the fixtures should now be finalised and ready to be posted online.
Last edited by fball12 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: 2016 fixtures

Post by Slide Tackle »

fball12 wrote:When do the junior fixtures go online and the Junior calendar?

Surely with a month to go to season start, the fixtures should now be finalised and ready to be posted online.
The fixtures are still in the draft concept. FFSA are waiting for Campbelltowns approval.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Pretty sure the 2016 fixtures came out about a year ago

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

:lol:

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Slide Tackle wrote:

The fixtures are still in the draft concept. FFSA are waiting for Campbelltowns approval.
Did they relegate their Under 15 team to JPL B?

That's where they belong.

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

fball12 wrote:
Slide Tackle wrote:

Did they relegate their Under 15 team to JPL B?

That's where they belong.
Nope, they staying A's

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: 2017 fixtures

Post by fball12 »

Typical BS
Who's running the league - Campbelltown or FFSA??

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

fball12 wrote:Typical BS
Who's running the league - Campbelltown or FFSA??
Relegation doesn't apply to ABE or Campbelltown

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Fixtures??

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

fball12 wrote:Fixtures??
Still waiting, all feedback from clubs was due in 13/2 so they've had plenty of time

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

This is unacceptable. Will probably get fixtures 2 days prior round 1 :oops:

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Slide Tackle wrote:This is unacceptable. Will probably get fixtures 2 days prior round 1 :oops:
The guy who does the fixtures has been on leave since beginning of February, back sometime next week I'm led to believe.

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

magnet wrote:
Slide Tackle wrote:This is unacceptable. Will probably get fixtures 2 days prior round 1 :oops:
The guy who does the fixtures has been on leave since beginning of February, back sometime next week I'm led to believe.
Not a good enough excuse, how about sharing the workload. Slack and very poor coordinating skills.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Slide Tackle wrote:
magnet wrote:
Not a good enough excuse, how about sharing the workload. Slack and very poor coordinating skills.
It then has to go out to clubs to check the changes have been applied correctly before being uploaded to Foxsportspulse. Clubs have had the fixtures for over two months so ask your club if you are that desperate to know.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Amateurville!

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

magnet wrote:
What an absolutely tinpot organisation the FFSA are. Here we are less than two weeks before the season and the fixtures are not even out. The system comes to a halt because one person takes a holiday.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

tick tock

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

I discussed this with someone at my
Son's club and he sent me a copy of the fixtures.

I am certainly not a fan of the ffsa but was pretty simple really.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

God is an Englishman wrote:I discussed this with someone at my
Son's club and he sent me a copy of the fixtures.

I am certainly not a fan of the ffsa but was pretty simple really.
They are the draft fixtures and I know my club have made changes to the opening day games. If all clubs have rearranged fixtures it seems a bit late.

jimmy2014
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by jimmy2014 »

HFC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by HFC »

Under 15 comp is a joke!! 15A is now a 12 team comp with Campbelltown and Blue Eagles staying up - both really struggled last year! 15B is now a 10 team comp with last years bottom 2 also staying up - West Adelaide were not competitive to say the least. 15C is now a 8 team comp! Relegation and promotion is a quite simple solution to equalise the divisions why does the FFSA have f..k it up. looking at previous years table, why wouldn't Playford go up and Campbelltown down. As a parent i would rather have my son play in a competitive comp regardless of division than losing by considerable margins each week!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

HFC wrote:Under 15 comp is a joke!! 15A is now a 12 team comp with Campbelltown and Blue Eagles staying up - both really struggled last year! 15B is now a 10 team comp with last years bottom 2 also staying up - West Adelaide were not competitive to say the least. 15C is now a 8 team comp! Relegation and promotion is a quite simple solution to equalise the divisions why does the FFSA have f..k it up. looking at previous years table, why wouldn't Playford go up and Campbelltown down. As a parent i would rather have my son play in a competitive comp regardless of division than losing by considerable margins each week!
because the FFSA are not allowed to relegate campbelltown or blue eagles.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

anyone got info on the mini-roos schedule or when their season starts?

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

God is an Englishman wrote:[
U15A JPL 2016 ABE & Western strikers both finished equal bottom on 6 points. One team had to stay up in 2017 because of a change in the number of teams in the U16A's in 2017.

Western Strikers stayed up and ABE went down to U16B's this year.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

HFC wrote:Under 15 comp is a joke!! 15A is now a 12 team comp with Campbelltown and Blue Eagles staying up - both really struggled last year! 15B is now a 10 team comp with last years bottom 2 also staying up - West Adelaide were not competitive to say the least. 15C is now a 8 team comp! Relegation and promotion is a quite simple solution to equalise the divisions why does the FFSA have f..k it up. looking at previous years table, why wouldn't Playford go up and Campbelltown down. As a parent i would rather have my son play in a competitive comp regardless of division than losing by considerable margins each week!
Campbelltown as the bottom team should have gone down.

No principles, no ethics.

Its a rort!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Mr Red wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:[
U15A JPL 2016 ABE & Western strikers both finished equal bottom on 6 points. One team had to stay up in 2017 because of a change in the number of teams in the U16A's in 2017.

Western Strikers stayed up and ABE went down to U16B's this year.
OK, Campbelltown are not allowed to be relegated then. I just know that ABE in the Under 13's went to the top division when they shouldn't have done.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

I believe the FFSA wanted the juniors lined up with their senior teams positioning last year - it wasn't well received by the clubs so maybe they are trying to do this where they can and in certain situations by the decisions they make in junior team positioning.

Remember the clubs have signed an agreement that basically states that the FFSA run the game as they wish and the final movement of teams between junior divisions are their call, the structures and who gets promoted and relegated they decide upon after taking ever thing into consideration. And there are circumstances that many people don't know about that happens between seasons.

Sometimes you do wonder why things happen but in the end it really doesn't matter. Coaches,parents and players just need to focus on each players development as they progress through the juniors so that each child can get to the highest senior level possible (what ever that might be). Senior coaches in the end don't care if a junior player has won x amount of titles or cups or how many state or zone teams they have played for, what matters is if they can play and understand the game by the time they get to senior football when decisions are made on wether or not they make the grade or not. I bet Magree didn't win things as a junior at Gawler but he can play the game so he is progressing well into senior football.
Last edited by Mr Red on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

:wink:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Mr Red wrote:I believe the FFSA wanted the juniors lined up with their senior teams positioning last year - it wasn't well received by the clubs so maybe they are trying to do this where they can and in certain situations by the decisions they make in junior team positioning.

Remember the clubs have signed an agreement that basically states that the FFSA run the game as they wish and the final movement of teams between junior divisions are their call, the structures and who gets promoted and relegated they decide upon after taking ever thing into consideration. And there are circumstances that many people don't know about that happens between seasons.

Sometimes you do wonder why things happen but in the end it really doesn't matter. Coaches,parents and players just need to focus on each players development as they progress through the juniors so that each child can get to the highest senior level possible (what ever that might be). Senior coaches in the end don't care if a junior player has won x amount of titles or cups or how many state or zone teams they have played for, what matters is if they can play and understand the game by the time they get to senior football when decisions are made on wether or not they make the grade or not. I bet Magree didn't win things as a junior at Gawler but he can play the game so he is progressing well into senior football.
Well I want my son to play at the highest level he (and his team) is capable of being competitive at, that will ultimately make him as good a footballer as he can be.

However, his team this year are in the division that they should be based on last years results. So in reality, it doesn't really affect my son BUT it does seem the FFSA have a clear bias towards certain clubs.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Mr Red wrote: .
Well I want my son to play at the highest level he (and his team) is capable of being competitive at, that will ultimately make him as good a footballer as he can be.

However, his team this year are in the division that they should be based on last years results. So in reality, it doesn't really affect my son BUT it does seem the FFSA have a clear bias towards certain clubs.
yes sometimes I do wonder what are the reasons behind some of the decisions that are made.

Parents need to focus on whether or not their child is in the right environment to give them the best opportunity but also remember its also up to the child, is it something the child really want's to do (and love to do) and are good at or are progressing at. The teenage years are when children are exploring in many ways (and not just playing football) as they start to mould before they become an adult. Their bodies are changing, sometimes at a fast rate and they are having to deal with that so parents and coaches need to be aware of that also. Teenage years are a time of change for children in many ways and should be an exciting and fun time of their lives but they can be stressful at times also - sometimes I wish I could do my teenage years again. :)