2017 fixtures

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: 2017 fixtures

Post by God is an Englishman »

Mr Red wrote:yes sometimes I do wonder what are the reasons behind some of the decisions that are made.

Parents need to focus on whether or not their child is in the right environment to give them the best opportunity but also remember its also up to the child, is it something the child really want's to do (and love to do) and are good at or are progressing at. The teenage years are when children are exploring in many ways (and not just playing football) as they start to mould before they become an adult. Their bodies are changing, sometimes at a fast rate and they are having to deal with that so parents and coaches need to be aware of that also. Teenage years are a time of change for children in many ways and should be an exciting and fun time of their lives but they can be stressful at times also - sometimes I wish I could do my teenage years again. :)
100% agree. My son plays football because he loves playing football. I think he will be a decent club footballer but I have no delusions of grandeur that he's going to be a professional and play for England. The day he's not enjoying it will be the day he will stop playing (actually slight change there - he will finish the season due to learning about making commitments).

This year he's loving playing for his new coach and enjoying his football more than ever. Long may that continue because I also enjoy watching him play. In fact most weekends we spend almost all our time and one of our football clubs.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

34 degrees next Sunday. If the forecast stays like that it will be only 8:45am kickoffs that survive

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

Pie and Bovril wrote:34 degrees next Sunday. If the forecast stays like that it will be only 8:45am kickoffs that survive
:lol: :lol: :lol: great start to the season

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Slide Tackle wrote:
Pie and Bovril wrote:34 degrees next Sunday. If the forecast stays like that it will be only 8:45am kickoffs that survive
No doubt the FFSA are praying for 36 degrees because it makes their job easier cancelling all games. If its 34 then they will have a head shiraz trying to workout which games to be played and which club uses which forecast.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

magnet wrote:
Slide Tackle wrote:
No doubt the FFSA are praying for 36 degrees because it makes their job easier cancelling all games. If its 34 then they will have a head shiraz trying to workout which games to be played and which club uses which forecast.
Oh well, still 34 degrees on Sunday. Most teams will have to wait another week before they can play.

Great start :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Another weekend of postponements :oops:

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

oh cabernet......it'll be into October the way it's going. But hey there's still 12 hours for the weather bureau to change their minds.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

geoff9559 wrote:oh cabernet......it'll be into October the way it's going. But hey there's still 12 hours for the weather bureau to change their minds.
Gets called tomorrow morning by the FFSA.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Pie and Bovril wrote:Another weekend of postponements :oops:
forecast of 37 on Sunday now, all games in Adelaide region cancelled

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

magnet wrote:
Pie and Bovril wrote:Another weekend of postponements :oops:
forecast of 37 on Sunday now, all games in Adelaide region cancelled
Wow... The season will need to be extended for a week or 2 for catch up games.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Move the season into October permanently and avoid the hot weather games entirely.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

fball12 wrote:Move the season into October permanently and avoid the hot weather games entirely.
Makes sense to me, why does the season for the seniors and juniors have to start this early

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

Hot weather policy needs to be changed. It should be If forecast is 37, all games should be completed by 12pm, with drink break in between each half.

All games could of been played today. Currently 30 degrees in Adelaide at 12.15pm

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

by the look of it some games were played today!!!! I thought that if (going by other posts) the FFSA say it's postponed due to the forecast of 37 then all games are off but it seems that some games went ahead going by the results.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

geoff9559 wrote:by the look of it some games were played today!!!! I thought that if (going by other posts) the FFSA say it's postponed due to the forecast of 37 then all games are off but it seems that some games went ahead going by the results.
Some clubs use Noarlunga, Glenelg, Mount Barker forecasts and those 8:45 games were allowed

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

what about the 9.30am games? two were played....but yep Glenelg etc. So the Adelaide forecast can be discounted for a more localized one from what is being stated. Interesting.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

geoff9559 wrote:what about the 9.30am games? two were played....but yep Glenelg etc. So the Adelaide forecast can be discounted for a more localized one from what is being stated. Interesting.
games completed before 11am are ok

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

All junior matches (Boys & Girls) in the Adelaide & Elizabeth regions will be cancelled.

Matches with a 8:45am kick-off time in the South Adelaide region (Glenelg & Noarlunga foreceast) and Mt Barker will proceed as scheduled.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

mini-roos fixtures finally up on the website :D