u14 - u16 Structure 2017

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

u14 - u16 Structure 2017

Post by Slide Tackle »

Has information been delivered regarding u14 - u16 structure for 2017 season?

Will it be 2 going up and 2 down from this years leagues?

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: u14 - u16 Structure 2017

Post by magnet »

Slide Tackle wrote:Has information been delivered regarding u14 - u16 structure for 2017 season?

It depends on the amount of new teams coming into the leagues. Last Season some divisions had three teams promoted and one relegated to make way for Fulham, Mount Barker and Vipers coming in. I think only Modbury Vista have confirmed that they will be entering the JPL competition next Season so it might only be one team promoted.

Sonic
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sonic »

I believe the 14a jpl for next year is 3 out from 13jpla (bottom 2 and girls) 2 up from b and u13skilleroos in.

Rehagel's Assistant
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Rehagel's Assistant »

Sonic wrote:I believe the 14a jpl for next year is 3 out from 13jpla (bottom 2 and girls) 2 up from b and u13skilleroos in.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. FFSA have full discretion on what numbers will get relegated/promoted and they will make a call on it depending on a number of factors.

Sonic
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sonic »

Rehagel's Assistant wrote:
Sonic wrote:I believe the 14a jpl for next year is 3 out from 13jpla (bottom 2 and girls) 2 up from b and u13skilleroos in.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. FFSA have full discretion on what numbers will get relegated/promoted and they will make a call on it depending on a number of factors.

Surely your not suggesting they make things up as they go along rather than working qithinbthe structure they have previously set? :D

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

magnet wrote:
Slide Tackle wrote:Has information been delivered regarding u14 - u16 structure for 2017 season?

It depends on the amount of new teams coming into the leagues. Last Season some divisions had three teams promoted and one relegated to make way for Fulham, Mount Barker and Vipers coming in. I think only Modbury Vista have confirmed that they will be entering the JPL competition next Season so it might only be one team promoted.
Someone should tell Adelaide Victory who are congratulating their U14's on promotion when they haven't yet finished top.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

The match thursday night of victory u14s against strikers is looking like being a real beauty..... could be a good night out as reckon it'll be like the evening chelsea game....a light show and then fireworks.....

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

Next years divisions will not be announced before trials im assuming

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Slide Tackle wrote:Next years divisions will not be announced before trials im assuming
I checked my emails and last season the team nominations were due at the end of November with the JSL/JPL structures out late January.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Rehagel's Assistant wrote:
more like the girls will be replaced by the skilleroos and playford goes down and replaced by blue eagles

Sonic
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sonic »

I'd be well peeved if i was noarlunga if thats the case.....and thats why what promotion/relegation rules need to be know BEFORE a years competition starts. Those teams finishing at the top or bottom of a competition should have know from round 1 whats was at stake not after the season when its too late.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

geoff9559 wrote:The match thursday night of victory u14s against strikers is looking like being a real beauty..... could be a good night out as reckon it'll be like the evening chelsea game....a light show and then fireworks.....
Could be but Fulham 14s in the box seat to finish top of 14C and be promoted.

Anything less than a Victory against Strikers will mean Fulham finish top and last game where Fulham play Victory at Fulham will mean nothing.

Victory win Thursday night and Fulham still only need a point to finish top.

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

bigpond wrote:
geoff9559 wrote:The match thursday night of victory u14s against strikers is looking like being a real beauty..... could be a good night out as reckon it'll be like the evening chelsea game....a light show and then fireworks.....

Anything less than a Victory against Strikers will mean Fulham finish top and last game where Fulham play Victory at Fulham will mean nothing.

Victory play Fulham last game, this will be the decider.

Top 2 from 14Cs will gain promotion

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Slide Tackle wrote:
bigpond wrote:

Victory play Fulham last game, this will be the decider.

Top 2 from 14Cs will gain promotion
Nah, one up, one down and Vista to come in to make 10 teams

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

^^^ That will make 9. Pirates or Gawler will also be entering to make the u15C as a 10 team comp next season. ^^^

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Slide Tackle wrote:^^^ That will make 9. Pirates or Gawler will also be entering to make the u15C as a 10 team comp next season. ^^^
I doubt Pirates will field a team as they struggled the year before to get 11 on the park. I agree that only one team will go down as per the previous Season and as you have said maybe Gawler will make the tenth team. I also think only one team will get promoted.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

bigpond wrote:

Why didn't Victory play the game against Olympic. They will be livid if they play a game less and don't gain promotion.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

Dont know about the olympic game for victory but if strikers win against victory and their last game against vipers then they come second......if that third victory game isnt played. See that its at west beach for the thursday night match. Whatever/whoever....it still seems like a tight pool right to the finish for first and second spots.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Sonic wrote:I'd be well peeved if i was noarlunga if thats the case.....and thats why what promotion/relegation rules need to be know BEFORE a years competition starts. Those teams finishing at the top or bottom of a competition should have know from round 1 whats was at stake not after the season when its too late.
thats a polite way to put it

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Stich This »

Sonic wrote:I'd be well peeved if i was noarlunga if thats the case.....and thats why what promotion/relegation rules need to be know BEFORE a years competition starts. Those teams finishing at the top or bottom of a competition should have know from round 1 whats was at stake not after the season when its too late.
Exactly. Anything different is farcical.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Vardy wrote:
Exactly. Anything different is farcical.
Junior Delegate meeting was held last night....

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

Wasn't the Meeting postponed due to lack of numbers?

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Nap_65 wrote:Wasn't the Meeting postponed due to lack of numbers?
It was back on again at 5:20pm, by which time I'd already driven home :cry:

Probably a deliberate move by the FFSA knowing that the Southern clubs couldn't get there in time!

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

magnet wrote:

Probably a deliberate move by the FFSA knowing that the Southern clubs couldn't get there in time!
Noarlunga & South Adelaide rep were in attendance last night

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

bloodypassit wrote:
magnet wrote:

Noarlunga & South Adelaide rep were in attendance last night
18 clubs didn't attend the meeting. Giving people 40 minutes notice to attend a meeting is poor

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Was the uncertainty of the meeting due to FFSA Clubs not RSVP by Friday last week ??? as requested by the FFSA

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

bloodypassit wrote:Was the uncertainty of the meeting due to FFSA Clubs not RSVP by Friday last week ??? as requested by the FFSA
Yes that's what the email said. It was cancelled up until 5:20pm

Dash Riprock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dash Riprock »

And the answer to the question about fairness (or not) in the proposed structure...
We can do whatever we want........ or words to that effect :(
Waste of time going to discuss something that was never going to be chan ged!

Sonic
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sonic »

Any word on how the u14s will be structured for next year? Whos up/down/in/out??

Thanks.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Sonic wrote:Any word on how the u14s will be structured for next year? Whos up/down/in/out??

Thanks.
Structure comes out mid January