U12 and U13 JPL 2017 structures

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

U12 and U13 JPL 2017 structures

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Notification today from the FFSA that U12's will be aligned with seniors. U13's will also change.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: U12 and U13 JPL 2017 structures

Post by geoff9559 »

I guess its only for npl..... sl1 and 2 are all over the place for fielding teams that coincide.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

I saw that email too. Essentially:

U12 in 2017:
o National Premier League Clubs will be split across the three leagues, four in Yellow, four in Blue and four in Red.
o This will also be applied to State League One and State League Two, with clubs from each of the leagues being equally split across the three leagues.

U13 in 2017:
o Under 13 A
 Top 6 from Under 12 JPL Yellow
 Top 3 from Under 12 JPL Blue
 Top 1 from Under 12 JPL Red
o Under 13 B
 Bottom 4 from Under 12 JPL Yellow
 Second to 4 from Under 12 JPL Red
 Middle 2 or 3 from Under 12 JPL Blue
o Under 13C
 Bottom 4 or 5 from Under 12 JPL Blue
 Bottom 5 or 6 from Under 12 JPL Red

U13 in 2018:
o With the implementation of the new Under 12 league structures in 2017, the Under 13’s in 2018 will be formed based on final league positions in the Under 12’s.
o The top 3 or 4 teams from each Under 12 JPL Yellow, Blue & Red will go into Under 13A.
o The Middle 3 or 4 teams will go into Under 13B.
o The bottom 3 or 4 teams will go into Under 13C.

Sven
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sven »

So which one is it? Aligned with senior teams or split over 3 u12 leagues?

Dash Riprock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dash Riprock »

magnet wrote:I saw that email too. Essentially:

U12 in 2017:
o National Premier League Clubs will be split across the three leagues, four in Yellow, four in Blue and four in Red.
o This will also be applied to State League One and State League Two, with clubs from each of the leagues being equally split across the three leagues.

U13 in 2017:
o Under 13 A
o Under 13 B
o Under 13C

U13 in 2018:
o With the implementation of the new Under 12 league structures in 2017, the Under 13’s in 2018 will be formed based on final league positions in the Under 12’s.
o The top 3 or 4 teams from each Under 12 JPL Yellow, Blue & Red will go into Under 13A.
That's what has been put out there by the FFSA...
Basically means the bigger clubs (U12 JPL yellow this season) get the 'prized' JPL A slot in the U13's.... The rest get sloppy seconds...
FFSA giving in to the big clubs again? Be interesting to see how some of the bigger Southern clubs react to being in JPL B because of this 'fair allocation'!!
Old boys club preserved for another season and the FFSA don't have to worry about the big 6 whining / throwing their teddies out....

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Dash Riprock wrote:

U12 in 2017:

U13 in 2017:
o Under 13 A
o Under 13 B
o Under 13C

U13 in 2018:
Basically means the bigger clubs (U12 JPL yellow this season) get the 'prized' JPL A slot in the U13's.... The rest get sloppy seconds...
FFSA giving in to the big clubs again? Be interesting to see how some of the bigger Southern clubs react to being in JPL B because of this 'fair allocation'!!
Old boys club preserved for another season and the FFSA don't have to worry about the big 6 whining / throwing their teddies out....
It’s a farce. Blue Eagles get in the A’s after winning 5 games all season whereas Noarlunga, Cove & Sturt miss out even though they got twice as wins.

SoccaSlave
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SoccaSlave »

magnet wrote:
Dash Riprock wrote:

U12 in 2017:

U13 in 2017:
o Under 13 A
o Under 13 B
o Under 13C

U13 in 2018:
It’s a farce. Blue Eagles get in the A’s after winning 5 games all season whereas Noarlunga, Cove & Sturt miss out even though they got twice as wins.
How would you suggest would be a fair way to split it... All the top 5 teams are very strong teams which could play on any given day with results going either way.. and in my opinion belong in the A div. Blue Eagles may not have the wins on the board but they arent a walkover even by the top teams..and actually are the only ones to have posted a win against the top team just recently this year bar the Raiders in the semi of the cup. .! So Im sure a fair bit of thought went into it.. I thought it was only going to be top 3 so was glad to see this or there would have been some very good teams out of the As.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

It's bollocks. Southern clubs will fight it next week.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

SoccaSlave wrote:How would you suggest would be a fair way to split it... All the top 5 teams are very strong teams which could play on any given day with results going either way.. and in my opinion belong in the A div. Blue Eagles may not have the wins on the board but they arent a walkover even by the top teams..and actually are the only ones to have posted a win against the top team just recently this year bar the Raiders in the semi of the cup. .! So Im sure a fair bit of thought went into it.. I thought it was only going to be top 3 so was glad to see this or there would have been some very good teams out of the As.
How the hell is picking 6 teams from 1 league and only one 1 team from another fair. It's disrespectful to the clubs in the JPL Red league.

SoccaSlave
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SoccaSlave »

If you read my post.. I am asking how you think a fair way would be to do it. .not saying it is fair! I for one was happy with it..but can understand others not being happy. I'm asking a genuine question not looking for an argument! I'm reasonably new to all of this so am interested in your opinions on how you think it should be and why.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

SoccaSlave wrote:If you read my post.. I am asking how you think a fair way would be to do it. .not saying it is fair! I for one was happy with it..but can understand others not being happy. I'm asking a genuine question not looking for an argument! I'm reasonably new to all of this so am interested in your opinions on how you think it should be and why.
Top 3 or 4 from each league, the same as its always been.

Sonic
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sonic »

Surely this is a change that needs to be made over two years - that way the teams actually know whats going on as they play through their qualifying year? Although only 1 team from the south sounds a bit suss.

Neyma
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Neyma »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Cumberland who started in the southern league beat the current top team in that league by 10+ and all the other teams they played by similar scores?

Now the are in the yellow league currently sitting fifth.

Seems the difference between the two leagues is quite significant and the allocation seems justified.

SoccaSlave
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SoccaSlave »

I think that the yellow blue and red were formulated from looking at the previous years results across all teams going into u12jpl. Therefore the Yellow being the strongest. .then blue then red. Correct me if I am wrong.! It wasnt entirely right at the beginning with I think Fulham was it? Who were swapped with cumberland to bring them into a division that was up to their strong team. So considering the differences in the leagues would have been the basis of the decision. .It does nothing for the teams.development to smash other teams or be smashed.

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

SoccaSlave wrote:I think that the yellow blue and red were formulated from looking at the previous years results across all teams going into u12jpl. Therefore the Yellow being the strongest. .then blue then red. Correct me if I am wrong.! It wasnt entirely right at the beginning with I think Fulham was it? Who were swapped with cumberland to bring them into a division that was up to their strong team. So considering the differences in the leagues would have been the basis of the decision. .It does nothing for the teams.development to smash other teams or be smashed.
I may be misinterpreting your post, but Are you saying results from under 11s this season, have been taken into account in structuring the u12s blue, yellow and red divisions for next year?

If that is so, how is that even possible when scores in mini-Roos are not supposed to be recorded by the FFSA?

Dash Riprock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dash Riprock »

Its all more than bit suss... So a second placed team in the 'Southern' div plays in the B league.. A 6th placed team in the central league gets A div football...
Doesnt' take a brain surgeon to work out that the placed A div teams will attract the better players.... Yes they are bigger clubs and for some that will be the draw, but put Blue Eagles in the C div and see if that has an effect on their squad...
Regardless of opinion, lets not hide from the fact this is a result of pressure from the clubs who make most noise at FFSA HQ... The Southern Clubs plus many more have every right to raise a stink next week at the meeting but the status quo / mafia that exists will prevail .... The "I'm alright pull the ladder up " mentality isnt an excuse for favoring certain clubs..
Fairest way is Top 3 from each Div and to compare the U12 teams ability in terms of who is better (especially 6th placed teams) is a bit rich.....
Will be an interesting debate and lests see who is really running the FFSA Juniors show....

SoccaSlave
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SoccaSlave »

themessenger wrote:
SoccaSlave wrote:I think that the yellow blue and red were formulated from looking at the previous years results across all teams going into u12jpl. Therefore the Yellow being the strongest. .then blue then red. Correct me if I am wrong.! It wasnt entirely right at the beginning with I think Fulham was it? Who were swapped with cumberland to bring them into a division that was up to their strong team. So considering the differences in the leagues would have been the basis of the decision. .It does nothing for the teams.development to smash other teams or be smashed.
I may be misinterpreting your post, but Are you saying results from under 11s this season, have been taken into account in structuring the u12s blue, yellow and red divisions for next year?

If that is so, how is that even possible when scores in mini-Roos are not supposed to be recorded by the FFSA?
I was talking about the year prior but yes I am aware that they are not supposed to be officially recorded. .but they are noted in some way..I read that somewhere ...will try find it!! . .and would have bearing on how they form the leagues.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

The three U12 JPL Red teams that moved into the U13 JPL A this year have held their own. It is old FFSA mates bending the rules to make sure their clubs maintain the status. This weeks meeting will be interesting.

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

magnet wrote:
The three U12 JPL Red teams that moved into the U13 JPL A this year have held their own. It is old FFSA mates bending the rules to make sure their clubs maintain the status. This weeks meeting will be interesting.
Any gossip regarding this weeks meeting?

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Slide Tackle wrote:
magnet wrote:
Any gossip regarding this weeks meeting?
tonights meeting was cancelled

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

themessenger wrote:

I'm under the impression that Red, Yellow and Blue were loosely based around geographic location......and therefore teams allocated to a colour for the region.......but then I saw on the weekend a whole pile of kids wearing T-Shirts stating U11 2016 Champions - Undefeated for the season!!!! So perhaps there is some truth in taking in results as I was only going by my information of 'zoning' or geographic location from a few years ago - things might have changed if the T-shirts meant anything.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

geoff9559 wrote:
themessenger wrote:

I'm under the impression that Red, Yellow and Blue were loosely based around geographic location......and therefore teams allocated to a colour for the region.......but then I saw on the weekend a whole pile of kids wearing T-Shirts stating U11 2016 Champions - Undefeated for the season!!!! So perhaps there is some truth in taking in results as I was only going by my information of 'zoning' or geographic location from a few years ago - things might have changed if the T-shirts meant anything.
Parents are the only ones remembering results

tevez.
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by tevez. »

What about the U13 JSL structure? Any news on that?

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

geoff9559 wrote:
themessenger wrote:

I know of team you are referring too, it was the coaches idea :)

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

geoff9559 wrote:[
but then I saw on the weekend a whole pile of kids wearing T-Shirts stating U11 2016 Champions - Undefeated for the season!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: - things might have changed if the T-shirts meant anything. I would be very surprised if this was the case just some peoples ego's being rubbed I would think. How some clubs can let this sort of thing happen is beyond me, I think some people/clubs need to have another close read of the FFA National curriculum - oh and as far as I know U12's is basically geographical like you said.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Slide Tackle wrote:
I know of team you are referring too, it was the coaches idea :)
what a prat

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

If it is/was the coaches idea isnt this potentially setting some very young kids up for a fall as moving to u12s there is offside etc.its a very different game than miniroos....i had just thought that going by the thread there might have actually been changes over the last year and perhaps u11 scores were being taken into account..... It will be interesting how the pools are sorted for next years u12s that's for sure. Cheers geoff9559

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Dash Riprock wrote:Its all more than bit suss... So a second placed team in the 'Southern' div plays in the B league.. A 6th placed team in the central league gets A div football...
Doesnt' take a brain surgeon to work out that the placed A div teams will attract the better players.... Yes they are bigger clubs and for some that will be the draw, but put Blue Eagles in the C div and see if that has an effect on their squad...
Regardless of opinion, lets not hide from the fact this is a result of pressure from the clubs who make most noise at FFSA HQ... The Southern Clubs plus many more have every right to raise a stink next week at the meeting but the status quo / mafia that exists will prevail .... The "I'm alright pull the ladder up " mentality isnt an excuse for favoring certain clubs..
Fairest way is Top 3 from each Div and to compare the U12 teams ability in terms of who is better (especially 6th placed teams) is a bit rich.....
Will be an interesting debate and lests see who is really running the FFSA Juniors show....
Noarlunga got the JPL A spot and ABE in JPL B

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

magnet wrote:
Dash Riprock wrote:Its all more than bit suss... So a second placed team in the 'Southern' div plays in the B league.. A 6th placed team in the central league gets A div football...
Noarlunga got the JPL A spot and ABE in JPL B
That despite them moving a team from the division that Noarlunga were in because they were too good. Had they not been moved then ABE would have made the A's division.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Dear All,
To further assist clubs to ensure teams are adequately challenged and to enhance player development, Football Federation SA can confirm that following consultation with the clubs, the league structures outlined below for the Under 12 and 13 Junior Premier League will be implemented for 2017.
Under 12 Junior Premier League 2017
From feedback received from clubs, all clubs were in agreeance of the following format for the Under 12 League;
• Three leagues will be formed Yellow, Red and Blue.
• Clubs will be allocated to these teams as follows;
o National Premer League (NPL) Clubs will be split across the three leagues, four in Yellow, four in Blue and four in Red.
o This same process will also be applied to State League One and State League Two, with clubs from each of the leagues being equally split across the three leagues.
• The Under 12 leagues have traditionally been geographically based, this will not continue as of 2017. The allocation of an equal number of teams from the NPL, State League One and Two across all three leagues will provide greater consistency between the leagues than was achieved through geographical allocation, in particular with reference to the Under 12 Central.
Again feedback received from clubs, supported the below structure for the Under 13 League as of 2018;
• Under 13’s JPL - 2018 and Beyond
MEMO
FOOTBALL FEDERATION SA INC
Under 13 Junior Premier League 2017
• The Under 13 Leagues for 2017 will be structured as below. FFSA has taken into account, as much as possible, the results from the Under 12 Leagues in 2016. (This is also dependent on team nominations for 2017).
o Under 13 A
 Top 5 from Under 12 JPL Yellow
• MetroStars
• Adelaide Comets
• Adelaide City
• Raiders
• Cumberland United (as 3rd Southern team)
• Para Hills Knights
• Adelaide Olympic
• Campbelltown City
 Top 2 from Under 12 JPL Red
• Adelaide Hills
• Noarlunga United
o Under 13 B
 Bottom 5 from Under 12 JPL Yellow
• Adelaide Blue Eagles
• WT Birkalla
• White City
• West Adelaide
• Croydon Kings
 3 to 5 from Under 12 JPL Red
• The Cove
• Sturt Lions
• South Adelaide
• Modbury Jets
• Playford City
o Under 13C
• Adelaide Victory
• Vipers FC
• Eastern United
• Pirates
• Mount Barker United
• Seaford
• Fulham United
• Adelaide Cobras
• Western Strikers
• FFSA will review all results and league positions on an ongoing basis to determine if any team positional changes are required to be implemented.
• If any changes are required, FFSA will implement the changes accordingly.
• Please note that the placement of teams is at the sole and absolute discretion of FFSA.
Kind regards,
Alex Sunasky Junior Football & Futsal Coordinator Football Federation SA