smoking at junior events........

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

smoking at junior events........

Post by geoff9559 »

I was led to believe that you couldnt smoke at junior events through a State Govt law? especially in public places.......

Is this true???

If yes then what are the rules as there are parents smoking right on the sideline and not putting out their cigarettes when asked to nor moving off the playing ground.

I applaud the clubs that have a blanket policy already in place but am wondering what is the ruling....I realise people are able to smoke if they want to but not I thought at junior events.

There is already the law that you cant smoke in a car with children...how much further is this being pushed??

cheers

Geoff9559

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: smoking at junior events........

Post by Bomber »

I'm a non-smoker but seriously, is this a major issue? These days you cant fart near a kid (or anyone for that matter) without fear of being sued for something. Time to ditch the cotton wool.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:I'm a non-smoker but seriously, is this a major issue? These days you cant fart near a kid (or anyone for that matter) without fear of being sued for something. Time to ditch the cotton wool.
Got to agree here, it's outside - BIG DEAL. Common courtesy would be to move away but as long as they're not blowing it in the kids faces then don't really see how it's a big deal.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

Fair call and realise that it isnt that major now but with councils now trying to introduce smoking bans on council/public land it could be an issue in the future. Also several other codes have introduced no smoking at junior sporting events. Also was trying to start a thread as the junior forum was a bit quiet. Cheers geoff9559

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

geoff9559 wrote:Fair call and realise that it isnt that major now but with councils now trying to introduce smoking bans on council/public land it could be an issue in the future. Also several other codes have introduced no smoking at junior sporting events. Also was trying to start a thread as the junior forum was a bit quiet. Cheers geoff9559
You'll find its banned at FFSA grounds already - mind you it doesn't get policed a lot. Again, if someone wants to have a gasper outdoors and not blowing it towards anyone, let them go I say. Smoking isn't as rife as in the 60's & 70's and it wasn't unusual for the coaching bench to be wafting of smoke back then. Clubrooms filled with it, even change rooms after the game
Ignore this signature

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Bomber wrote:
geoff9559 wrote:Fair call and realise that it isnt that major now but with councils now trying to introduce smoking bans on council/public land it could be an issue in the future. Also several other codes have introduced no smoking at junior sporting events. Also was trying to start a thread as the junior forum was a bit quiet. Cheers geoff9559
You'll find its banned at FFSA grounds already - mind you it doesn't get policed a lot. Again, if someone wants to have a gasper outdoors and not blowing it towards anyone, let them go I say. Smoking isn't as rife as in the 60's & 70's and it wasn't unusual for the coaching bench to be wafting of smoke back then. Clubrooms filled with it, even change rooms after the game
....and that was just in the U12's Bomber. Should have seen it at Senior level! :lol:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Ginger Pele wrote:
Bomber wrote:
....and that was just in the U12's Bomber. Should have seen it at Senior level! :lol:
I hear ya! :wink:
Ignore this signature