Media about children being turned away from Junior Soccer

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Media about children being turned away from Junior Socce

Post by God is an Englishman »

Chocco wrote:Olympic last year had lots of juniors and seniors got promoted this year not so many and the result will speak for itself.
I agree, I have a rock in my garden that keeps away bears. I've not been attacked by a bear since I got it.

Abenomics
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Abenomics »

:lol:
I love commercial whaling

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

BeNatural wrote:
johndedes wrote:Shoot goal

The Natural

Your data clearly shows that the FFSA junior PL is clearly just for revenue raising not teaching children how to play the game properly .

How does my data show that?

Quite the opposite. That they are struggling to field teams

Most if not all I mentioned above are desperate for players.

Shoot goal

Answer is in your face.
Too many teams not enough facilities or quality coaches available.

Tzon
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Tzon »

Chocco wrote:Which one of those teams listed above have a successful senior team? it is a proven formula have lots of juniors will give the seniors a lift. Olympic last year had lots of juniors and seniors got promoted this year not so many and the result will speak for itself.

but remember the clubs always say no no no, the senior team is self funded by sponsors, fundraisers and the canteen etc. I am sure they divide all the costs per team which gives them that result (eg, 100,000 costs 20 teams including senior structure then cost per team is 5,000 but the seniors individual cost is more like 80% of it)
Shoot Goal

Bravo well written.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Chocco wrote:Which one of those teams listed above have a successful senior team? it is a proven formula have lots of juniors will give the seniors a lift. Olympic last year had lots of juniors and seniors got promoted this year not so many and the result will speak for itself.

but remember the clubs always say no no no, the senior team is self funded by sponsors, fundraisers and the canteen etc. I am sure they divide all the costs per team which gives them that result (eg, 100,000 costs 20 teams including senior structure then cost per team is 5,000 but the seniors individual cost is more like 80% of it)
apart from the fact that 3 of the top 5 Junior Clubs (in numbers) are in State League 1

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Eastern have 5 junior teams U12 – U17, Athelstone have 6 in E&D. About right for that small area given Campbelltown are just up the road.

It’s all about balance, cater for everyone and build the culture. The northern suburbs has it and it’s thriving, western suburbs don’t seem to have it

Chocco
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Chocco »

How many aussie rules clubs around campbeltown athelstone way? in the west its on every corner