U13 Western Strikers and stuff.....

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

U13 Western Strikers and stuff.....

Post by geoff9559 »

Ok so Western Strikers U13 JPL C were moved to JSL as they were getting a bit beaten up. So I've had a look at their results in the JSL and noted that Foxsports has their game against Metrostars as 8:0 whereas the listing of goals kicked is more like 14 nil with 4 yes FOUR goals kicked by the Metro Goalkeeper. I am hoping this is wrong.
this was the 22nd May round and hopefully the link works... http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_inf ... 1-0&pool=1
I know there's been a ton of discussion about poor behaviours ie rubbing it in with the GK kicking a goal and that coaches should direct their players into making several passes prior to moving up the field....the Strikers team have been pummeled in the JPL and I would see that a Goalkeeper kicking four goals is sort of rubbing it in further and possibly not very respectful of the opposition.

Do you reckon this is true that it's happened?? I really couldnt have seen a coach do this when if they did some research they'd know that the Strikers team would be pretty demoralised - I wouldnt be surprised if many of those kids continue next year if things didnt improve for them....but hey kids seem to be resilient and might just keep on going regardless.....hopefully they get their heads up and morale improves. Still shaking the head of seeing scoreline with four goals to the GK..... Perhaps they placed the GK on the field and put a field player in his place......

regards

Geoff9559

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: U13 Western Strikers and stuff.....

Post by magnet »

geoff9559 wrote:Ok so Western Strikers U13 JPL C were moved to JSL as they were getting a bit beaten up. So I've had a look at their results in the JSL and noted that Foxsports has their game against Metrostars as 8:0 whereas the listing of goals kicked is more like 14 nil with 4 yes FOUR goals kicked by the Metro Goalkeeper. I am hoping this is wrong.
this was the 22nd May round and hopefully the link works... http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_inf ... 1-0&pool=1
I know there's been a ton of discussion about poor behaviours ie rubbing it in with the GK kicking a goal and that coaches should direct their players into making several passes prior to moving up the field....the Strikers team have been pummeled in the JPL and I would see that a Goalkeeper kicking four goals is sort of rubbing it in further and possibly not very respectful of the opposition.

Do you reckon this is true that it's happened?? I really couldnt have seen a coach do this when if they did some research they'd know that the Strikers team would be pretty demoralised - I wouldnt be surprised if many of those kids continue next year if things didnt improve for them....but hey kids seem to be resilient and might just keep on going regardless.....hopefully they get their heads up and morale improves. Still shaking the head of seeing scoreline with four goals to the GK..... Perhaps they placed the GK on the field and put a field player in his place......

regards

Geoff9559
I laughed when the FFSA moved them because they actually moved them to a harder league. Traditionally JSL teams at Adelaide City, Metros, Cumberland etc are better than JPLC teams anyway.

Keeper would have been played as on outfield player.