Para Hills U15.....disappointing

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

whoosh
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Para Hills U15.....disappointing

Post by whoosh »

My boy got a yellow card today for reacting to a Para Hills U15 player telling him to eff off n-gg-r.

Hope this isn't a reflection on the club in general.

Push It
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Para Hills U15.....disappointing

Post by Push It »

seems like it was the day for it , one of my U/15's in JPL B was called a Monkey ??
Disgusting Behaviour from the opposition coach :evil:

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

What the shiraz is going on? If it was one of my players I'd give him a refund and tell him to shiraz off nicely. Racism at Junior level just shows it is still a massive issue. It is really disheartening.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

we experienced a reversal a year or so ago where the opposition team - one of their players stated to the Ref that one of our players said 'bl@ck' to them and that they were upset. Ref stops the game and asks the anglo opposition player who said it on our team and he points out our most darkest toned player and then the rest of the opposition team see that as funny and laugh out. Made our player upset as there was no way he would or did say that to another person considering his own origin - just seemed a way to get at our player through the 'proper' channel....the Ref was a bit dumbfounded as to what to do.
Regardless of age, you would expect that we have moved on from this and that racist comments are just not applied - yes rose coloured glasses but seriously you would think that the last two decades in the Education system would see a change in people and an acceptance of all races in Australia.
And especially in soccer/football where it is a global game and played by all.

cheers

Geoff9559

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

whoosh wrote:My boy got a yellow card today for reacting to a Para Hills U15 player telling him to eff off n-gg-r.

If the Ref heard that comment then should be a red card - IMO. I'm sure it comes under abusive play and foul language.

Refs send off kids for a lot less and give penalties for minor offences.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

geoff9559 wrote:we experienced a reversal a year or so ago where the opposition team - one of their players stated to the Ref that one of our players said 'bl@ck' to them and that they were upset. Ref stops the game and asks the anglo opposition player who said it on our team and he points out our most darkest toned player and then the rest of the opposition team see that as funny and laugh out. Made our player upset as there was no way he would or did say that to another person considering his own origin - just seemed a way to get at our player through the 'proper' channel....the Ref was a bit dumbfounded as to what to do.
Regardless of age, you would expect that we have moved on from this and that racist comments are just not applied - yes rose coloured glasses but seriously you would think that the last two decades in the Education system would see a change in people and an acceptance of all races in Australia.

cheers

Geoff9559
Why did the ref even get him to point the person out? What was he supposed to do about it?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

whoosh wrote:My boy got a yellow card today for reacting to a Para Hills U15 player telling him to eff off n-gg-r.

Ref has to give what he sees or hears. As unfortunate as it is, it is normally the reaction or retaliation that gets seen or heard.

Was it heard by anyone other than your son?

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

God is an Englishman wrote:

Ref has to give what he sees or hears. As unfortunate as it is, it is normally the reaction or retaliation that gets seen or heard.

Was it heard by anyone other than your son?
I heard a story once about a soccer game on Mars ,where the dark green Martians were very racist to the light green Martians, and there is only a two way st on mars apparently.

Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Green_Manalishi »

terryball wrote:I heard a story once about a soccer game on Mars ,where the dark green Martians were very racist to the light green Martians, and there is only a two way st on mars apparently.
Is there Life on Mars?
Occasionally available in blue

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

God is an Englishman wrote:
geoff9559 wrote:we experienced a reversal a year or so ago where the opposition team - one of their players stated to the Ref that one of our players said 'bl@ck' to them and that they were upset. Ref stops the game and asks the anglo opposition player who said it on our team and he points out our most darkest toned player and then the rest of the opposition team see that as funny and laugh out. Made our player upset as there was no way he would or did say that to another person considering his own origin - just seemed a way to get at our player through the 'proper' channel....the Ref was a bit dumbfounded as to what to do.

cheers

Geoff9559
Why did the ref even get him to point the person out? What was he supposed to do about it?
Afterwards we reckoned that the Ref would have given a card but when he saw the person that the opposition were pointing out as to saying a racist comment .....it didnt compute. It does state somewhere to bring an issue to the Ref's attention, the opposition played him and caused a fair bit of grief to our squad as we had a pretty upset boy who would never have said such a word as it would be calling himself that.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Surely the ref won't card someone because the opposition said he did something?

Wunkar Fox
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Wunkar Fox »

God is an Englishman wrote:Surely the ref won't card someone because the opposition said he did something?
Not at a Raptors' game anyway :P
Random roadkill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wunkar Fox wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Surely the ref won't card someone because the opposition said he did something?
Not at a Raptors' game anyway :P
Your memory is too good, that was a spectator (or was he the linesman)

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

Push It wrote:seems like it was the day for it , one of my U/15's in JPL B was called a Monkey ??
If this occurred in under 18s, Reserves or Seniors game, and any of the match officials heard the comment and were able to identify the source, a yellow card would be issued and the player and club would be facing a disciplinary tribunal.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

themessenger wrote:
Push It wrote:seems like it was the day for it , one of my U/15's in JPL B was called a Monkey ??
If this occurred in under 18s, Reserves or Seniors game, and any of the match officials heard the comment and were able to identify the source, a yellow card would be issued and the player and club would be facing a disciplinary tribunal.
Sureny, a red card would be issued.

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

Green_Manalishi wrote:
terryball wrote:I heard a story once about a soccer game on Mars ,where the dark green Martians were very racist to the light green Martians, and there is only a two way st on mars apparently.
Is there Life on Mars?
Not sure but maybe on Uranus....?

Baseball Bill
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Baseball Bill »

Uranus jokes are so last millenium.
Giving always takes its toll

Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Green_Manalishi »

rabbit wrote:
Green_Manalishi wrote:
Is there Life on Mars?
Not sure but maybe on Uranus....?
A year between posts?

You must have been washed up on some isolated North Queensland beach :shock:
Occasionally available in blue