Cup round.....

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Cup round.....

Post by geoff9559 »

Old Redback ....that is poor not just for the MOther's day thing but for the opposition to not communicate anything...it's also not having a Ref turn up is poor as well.....the coach for our team was saying 'he'll be here, I saw it listed, we have a ref for this match' and no-one turned up so 10 minutes after listed kickoff time the visiting team did the Reffing and were very good which I personally found quite refreshing and made for a very good game to watch.

There were comments after the match that it wouldnt happen in "E and D" and that there is "always a Ref for E&D matches" - I have only experienced FFSA managed competitions but could tell from the parents and spectators that they were very serious and genuine about the running of E&D games....maybe something for FFSA to ponder???

cheers

Geoff9559

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

geoff9559 wrote:Old Redback ....that is poor not just for the MOther's day thing but for the opposition to not communicate anything...it's also not having a Ref turn up is poor as well.....the coach for our team was saying 'he'll be here, I saw it listed, we have a ref for this match' and no-one turned up so 10 minutes after listed kickoff time the visiting team did the Reffing and were very good which I personally found quite refreshing and made for a very good game to watch.

There were comments after the match that it wouldnt happen in "E and D" and that there is "always a Ref for E&D matches" - I have only experienced FFSA managed competitions but could tell from the parents and spectators that they were very serious and genuine about the running of E&D games....maybe something for FFSA to ponder???

cheers

Geoff9559
The shortage of FFSA Referees this year was always going to be a problem. They mentioned as much at the Junior committee meeting. Every club is suppose to have referees who can fill in when needed but it is a bit hard when you find out 10 minutes before hand.

I'm not impressed with the administration of the Junior leagues this year. The website is a disaster, loads of missing scores and other info. Clubs cancelling or forfeiting games all over the place.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

geoff9559 wrote:Old Redback ....that is poor not just for the MOther's day thing but for the opposition to not communicate anything...it's also not having a Ref turn up is poor as well.....the coach for our team was saying 'he'll be here, I saw it listed, we have a ref for this match' and no-one turned up so 10 minutes after listed kickoff time the visiting team did the Reffing and were very good which I personally found quite refreshing and made for a very good game to watch.

cheers

Geoff9559
To be fair Geoff if you've got two teams then there is more possibility of getting a game - when you have only one team and a ref it is a bit difficult!
I have seen JPL and JSL and have seen a ref at all JPL games but remember a few games in JPL when there was no ref and I had to do it. I have experience of E&D and NEVER experienced a ref not showing.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Old Redback wrote:

cheers

Geoff9559
To be fair Geoff if you've got two teams then there is more possibility of getting a game - when you have only one team and a ref it is a bit difficult!
I have seen JPL and JSL and have seen a ref at all JPL games but remember a few games in JPL when there was no ref and I had to do it. I have experience of E&D and NEVER experienced a ref not showing.
The FFSA should be encouraging the younger players U17/U18 to take referee courses. We have a few at our club and they are now refereeing on Sunday’s and playing for U18’s on Saturday.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

cheers

Geoff9559
16 games without a referee this coming weekend - not good enough

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

magnet wrote:

cheers

Geoff9559
16 games without a referee this coming weekend - not good enough
Only had 1 game without one

betterahead
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by betterahead »

Old Redback wrote:
geoff9559 wrote:Couldnt help but overhear some people talking, a couple of days ago, about U16s and that at that age there shouldnt be huge scorelines.......
One way to avoid big scorelines is for one team to not bother turning up like what happened in one of the games in the 16s cup on Sunday.....very poor that no one from the club in question would answer a phone call to find out what was happening either. It's disappointing enough the kids couldn't play but to do it at lunchtime on Mother's Day made for a few cross words....
You should find out the whole story so you can post accurately.
I won't go into all the details, suffice to say that it wasn't a case of the away team not bothering to turn up. You can find out the details if you speak to the relevant person at your club.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

betterahead wrote:
Old Redback wrote:
geoff9559 wrote:Couldnt help but overhear some people talking, a couple of days ago, about U16s and that at that age there shouldnt be huge scorelines.......
One way to avoid big scorelines is for one team to not bother turning up like what happened in one of the games in the 16s cup on Sunday.....very poor that no one from the club in question would answer a phone call to find out what was happening either. It's disappointing enough the kids couldn't play but to do it at lunchtime on Mother's Day made for a few cross words....
You should find out the whole story so you can post accurately.
I won't go into all the details, suffice to say that it wasn't a case of the away team not bothering to turn up. You can find out the details if you speak to the relevant person at your club.
I appreciate there may be an explanation but at the time the we showed up for the game there was no sign of the opposition but there was referee - that is a fact. I also saw the home team repeatedly try and call the opposition to find out the explanation but the calls were not answered. Maybe you can share the explanation?

betterahead
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by betterahead »

Sorry I cant say too much as there is an ongoing dispute with the FFSA. What i can say is that the FFSA new full well that the away team couldn't do the amended kick off time, yet still, in their wisdom decided to send a referee. They had undertaken to get in contact with the away team and advise them of their decision, but didn't do so. As far as the away team new, their underestanding was that the game was to be rescheduled to a different date.
Its not that surprising that contact couldn't be made - not everyone answers their phone straight. Like i said, you can get the full story from the relevant person at your club - they are aware of the situation and circumstances.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Thankyou for the explanation

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

should be an interesting weekend for the cup.....some of the line ups look for being very tough and more than worth the watch.

cheers

Geoff9559