Manchester Cup Winners

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Toon Army
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Manchester Cup Winners

Post by Toon Army »

How true is the rumour that West Adelaide have been advised that they are no longer representing SA in Sydney as the winners of the Manchester Cup? And the NTC Lads are taking their spot?

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Manchester Cup Winners

Post by Sacred Noodle »

All state NTC teams invited to participate but West Adelaide still going ..no assistance or information from FFSA though ..!

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Found out from an interstate source that FFSA have relevant information but deny and refuse to pass on .. all clubs who participated in the Manu Cup should demand their fees back as the competition was an FFSA money making sham...

I am blown away by how inept, incompetent and inconsiderate FFSA are, they do not have the interests of the clubs and players at heart .. are purely driven by greed and self indulgence and would love nothing more than to see them come crashing down..

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

so teams pay to compete and with those fees the ffsa send the ntc?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Red4life
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Red4life »

Sorry if I am not correct, however I was under the impression the Manchester Cup tournament was a club based competition, since when has the NTC been a club, those boys and teams already compete in national tournaments, sorry don't agree in them attending, especially if accurate that FFSA are funding their trip, but however are not assisting West Adelaide, good luck West Adelaide wishing you all the very best, you have earnt it. :D

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Red4life wrote:Sorry if I am not correct, however I was under the impression the Manchester Cup tournament was a club based competition, since when has the NTC been a club, those boys and teams already compete in national tournaments, sorry don't agree in them attending, especially if accurate that FFSA are funding their trip, but however are not assisting West Adelaide, good luck West Adelaide wishing you all the very best, you have earnt it. :D

Thanks for that ... I know the NZ team are opposing NTC teams being involved and are taking it up with Nike international as the rules apparently state only club teams.

FFSA still have given us no information .. do not return calls or emails, according to the team manager wont even speak with her.

FFSA received an email re the event on Monday 27th so at least know the date of the event .. we also know this but only after onerous pursuing of this ourselves. Yet FFSA do not even have the decency to say ok we can tell you that the event is being held on such n such ... we asked them two months ago to please at least make a phone call to the organisers to tell us anything at all .. but don't want to know about it .. after speaking with West Sydney Wanderers who are organising on behalf of Nike Australia they were until recently advised by us, not even aware we had qualified or participated in the tournament ..FFSA took money from clubs but have done nothing more than that .. not even a medal for the winners/runners up etc .. not even anyone from FFSA at the event.

Have to fund things ourselves but cannot really fund raise due to no official information from FFSA.

We have kids who were so elated after winning the qualifying tournament and now are deflated and crushed that they will most probably not be able to participate.

Ps I just got the following message from the NZ qualifier:

"It is the biggest U 15 tournament in the World .. around 9000 clubs enter and compete for those 20 spots in Manchester"

A team from South Australia has earned an opportunity to compete to be part of this and it is a dream that the boys and young coach began to have but it has effectively been taken away as a result of FFSA's incompetence, lack of empathy and greed... not to mention their desire to send a representative team of no relevance to club teams in U15 FFSA competition.

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

Sacred Noodle wrote:
Red4life wrote:Sorry if I am not correct, however I was under the impression the Manchester Cup tournament was a club based competition, since when has the NTC been a club, those boys and teams already compete in national tournaments, sorry don't agree in them attending, especially if accurate that FFSA are funding their trip, but however are not assisting West Adelaide, good luck West Adelaide wishing you all the very best, you have earnt it. :D

Thanks for that ... I know the NZ team are opposing NTC teams being involved and are taking it up with Nike international as the rules apparently state only club teams.

FFSA still have given us no information .. do not return calls or emails, according to the team manager wont even speak with her.

FFSA received an email re the event on Monday 27th so at least know the date of the event .. we also know this but only after onerous pursuing of this ourselves. Yet FFSA do not even have the decency to say ok we can tell you that the event is being held on such n such ... we asked them two months ago to please at least make a phone call to the organisers to tell us anything at all .. but don't want to know about it .. after speaking with West Sydney Wanderers who are organising on behalf of Nike Australia they were until recently advised by us, not even aware we had qualified or participated in the tournament ..FFSA took money from clubs but have done nothing more than that .. not even a medal for the winners/runners up etc .. not even anyone from FFSA at the event.

Have to fund things ourselves but cannot really fund raise due to no official information from FFSA.

We have kids who were so elated after winning the qualifying tournament and now are deflated and crushed that they will most probably not be able to participate.

"It is the biggest U 15 tournament in the World .. around 9000 clubs enter and compete for those 20 spots in Manchester"

A team from South Australia has earned an opportunity to compete to be part of this and it is a dream that the boys and young coach began to have but it has effectively been taken away as a result of FFSA's incompetence, lack of empathy and greed... not to mention their desire to send a representative team of no relevance to club teams in U15 FFSA competition.

What a disgraceful state of affairs. You should go to the media.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

themessenger wrote:
Sacred Noodle wrote:

What a disgraceful state of affairs. You should go to the media.
Yes a friend has a very significant Today Tonight person as a client and socialize with them from time to time so that is an avenue we may still take ...

For what its worth our club Chairman went yesterday afternoon to FFSA and demanded information .. of no surprise they then finally emailed through information they have had and have already long ago provided to NTC .. if the chairman hadn't of demanded this of them we would still know nothing.

It is evident NTC have already booked accommodation etc while we have had not a word from FFSA .. I suspect NTC will be funded by FFSA.

Again I urge all clubs to demand the refund of participation fees paid to FFSA to enter the qualifying tournament as it was a money making sham as FFSA had no intention of sending the winner of this to Sydney .. again according to the organizers they have heard nothing from FFSA re us winning the qualifying tournament.

We are still in a situation in which we are unable to fundraise for travel and accommodation as do still not having any formal confirmation of our participation .. all other countries have held their tournaments, confirmed their finalists and European finals are being held this week end to determine the winner of out of some of those country finalists.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

This whole FFSA farce is going to blow up into a huge mainstream media embarrassment and exposure for FFSA not to mention that they will have the living F sued out of them .... that process is soon to begin ..

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

FFSA do want stories - Just received this email.

Hi All,

A reminder that I would love to be sent any content you may have for our FFSA website.

This can include information on an upcoming event at the club such as an anniversary dinner or quiz night you would like us to promote, a story on how an event went, club progress news – eg new lights at your ground or upgrade to change rooms, general good news stories about one of your players in a team that has achieved something great whether it be a streak of goals over a number of weeks or a milestone of games played etc – anything! It doesn’t have to be senior men’s specific, content for all age groups would be great.

Football Federation Australia have expressed that they would like more good news story content for their site also so this is a great way to have your club promoted and publicised not only locally but nationally.

Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss any story ideas you may have.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Arija Molitor
Event & Media Coordinator
FOOTBALL FEDERATION SA

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

Sacred Noodle wrote:Found out from an interstate source that FFSA have relevant information but deny and refuse to pass on .. all clubs who participated in the Manu Cup should demand their fees back as the competition was an FFSA money making sham...

I am blown away by how inept, incompetent and inconsiderate FFSA are, they do not have the interests of the clubs and players at heart .. are purely driven by greed and self indulgence and would love nothing more than to see them come crashing down..

How many clubs entered and what were the fees? What kind of dollars are we talking about in total here?

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

19 clubs entered with squad sizes of 17.

I think the fees were $15 per player (may have been more .. pretty sure that was the amount last year).

So each club paid about $255 to enter a team (may be not much in the scheme of things) but considering it was received under false pretences is money that clubs in effect donated to FFSA and money that could have been used on the general running of the club.

WA U15s paid to enter won the competition on merit and then absolutely completely shut out by FFSA .. no information, zero responses to calls emails .. then we find out they are sending their non club NTC team that has goal keepers registered with clubs that participated in the qualifying tournament .. WTF?!!! Cup tied means nothing to FFSA .. however if the whole qualifying tournament was a scam then the rules don't apply.

If the qualifying tournament meant nothing and NTC teams can just go and participate then why can't any club team now go and compete??? ie Western Strikers finished runners up if the tournament had credence then surely they have more right than NTC!!

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

Disgraceful ffsa. Shame Shame Shame!

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

same situation has arisen over in Victoria with the FFV sending the NTC
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Yeah teams competing are:

FFV NTC
HAMILTON OLYMPIC FC
EMERGING JETS (NNSW NTC under Newcastle jets)
FFSA NTC
WEST ADELAIDE
ONEHUNGA (NZ)
ACTAS NTC
BELCONNEN UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB
FNSWI NTC
MARCONI STALLIONS FC

Fact is FFSA withheld all information from West Adelaide yet past it on to FFSA NTC .. NTC were even booked into accommodation prior to us getting information .. we would still not have any information if our Chairman hadn't of actually gone to FFSA and demanded information and our rightfull involvement in the competition.

Have also been told that FFSA NTC are being funded for the tournament yet WA have to pay out own way for travel and accommodation!!

The first listed rules of the competition states that the teams must be playing in an elite grade U15 competition... all state NTC teams play in either U18, U20 or in the Emerging Jets (NNSW NTC) in an U17 comp.

Nike Australia has disregarded the rules and invited the NTC teams .. I have it on good authority that this is being referred to Nike Global however so hopefully the NTC teams will be deemed in eligible at the end of the day. Nike Australia claim that because the NTC compete in a club competition that then they are clubs!!

It is a club tournament and FFSA NSW ACT and VIC NTC teams are NOT clubs teams they are state rep teams .. there is no way legitimate club teams can compete v the state NTC teams the whole situation is a debarcle. WA U15 will go and do their best but have little chance of qualifying for the World Finals due to the NTC teams.. The SA NTC coach should be ashamed of himself as he has a connection to WA.

FFSA have no regard for the clubs other than to take their money in order to finance their own self interested pursuits. FFSA is a corrupt sewerage pit of an organisation.

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

Don't be surprised that the NTC teams don't win anyway. They're not all that great...

Good luck West Adelaide!

I'm sure the non NTC teams will give them a good run for their money or should I say FFSA's money (that was contributed by others).

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

Hopefully westies win and Marconi does well too

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

The information I have is that FFA and Nike Aust are pissed that the NZ teams win the majority of the time so to prevent that they have ignored the competition rules and bought in the State NTC teams to ensure an Australian team represents the Pacific region at the world finals.

The collateral damage is that legitimate club teams that paid and went through a qualifying process to earn the chance to compete in the Pacific finals are just that, collateral damage, to FFA and FFSA .. they don't give a shiraz FFSA got their money from all the clubs and then tried to withhold all information and in fact did everything to try and make WA U15s just go away while doing everything to assist the NTC team.

I know this is being referred to Nike Global as is completely contrary to the competition rules .. Nike Aust have said the NTC teams play in a club competition and so are "club teams" even though the first listed rule states the team must be playing in an U15 competition .. they know the NTC teams play U18 / U20 etc but disregard this.

Am expecting and hoping Nike Global and the world organisers kick FFA and Nike Aust's butts over this.

Am sure WA will surprise the NTC team especially the SA one as some of the boys in that team are fairly average

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Sacred Noodle wrote: FFSA have no regard for the clubs other than to take their money in order to finance their own self interested pursuits. FFSA is a corrupt sewerage pit of an organisation.
That is almost signature worthy. :wink:
Ignore this signature

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Bomber wrote:
Sacred Noodle wrote: FFSA have no regard for the clubs other than to take their money in order to finance their own self interested pursuits. FFSA is a corrupt sewerage pit of an organisation.
That is almost signature worthy. :wink:
Done..

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

Sacred Noodle wrote:Yeah teams competing are:

FFV NTC
HAMILTON OLYMPIC FC
EMERGING JETS (NNSW NTC under Newcastle jets)
FFSA NTC
WEST ADELAIDE
ONEHUNGA (NZ)
ACTAS NTC
BELCONNEN UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB
FNSWI NTC
MARCONI STALLIONS FC

Fact is FFSA withheld all information from West Adelaide yet past it on to FFSA NTC .. NTC were even booked into accommodation prior to us getting information .. we would still not have any information if our Chairman hadn't of actually gone to FFSA and demanded information and our rightfull involvement in the competition.

Have also been told that FFSA NTC are being funded for the tournament yet WA have to pay out own way for travel and accommodation!!

The first listed rules of the competition states that the teams must be playing in an elite grade U15 competition... all state NTC teams play in either U18, U20 or in the Emerging Jets (NNSW NTC) in an U17 comp.

Nike Australia has disregarded the rules and invited the NTC teams .. I have it on good authority that this is being referred to Nike Global however so hopefully the NTC teams will be deemed in eligible at the end of the day. Nike Australia claim that because the NTC compete in a club competition that then they are clubs!!

It is a club tournament and FFSA NSW ACT and VIC NTC teams are NOT clubs teams they are state rep teams .. there is no way legitimate club teams can compete v the state NTC teams the whole situation is a debarcle. WA U15 will go and do their best but have little chance of qualifying for the World Finals due to the NTC teams.. The SA NTC coach should be ashamed of himself as he has a connection to WA.

FFSA have no regard for the clubs other than to take their money in order to finance their own self interested pursuits. FFSA is a corrupt sewerage pit of an organisation.
Why do you bag the FFSA NTC Coach?, he wouldn't have made the decision to send the NTC team.
He does what he is told.
Pretty average for a Westies person to be taking pot-shots at him considering the connection.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

So all the teams that competed in the manure cup had to pay a fee? and with these fees the ffsa have put the monies together and paid for the ntc to travel and compete in the next stage of the tournament without having to qualify?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

one direction
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by one direction »

Is there a link on the draws and results on the games at Manchester cup this weekend.

one direction
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by one direction »

How did West Adelaide go in the challenge?

watto^77
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by watto^77 »

Sacred Noodle wrote:The information I have is that FFA and Nike Aust are pissed that the NZ teams win the majority of the time so to prevent that they have ignored the competition rules and bought in the State NTC teams to ensure an Australian team represents the Pacific region at the world finals.

The collateral damage is that legitimate club teams that paid and went through a qualifying process to earn the chance to compete in the Pacific finals are just that, collateral damage, to FFA and FFSA .. they don't give a shiraz FFSA got their money from all the clubs and then tried to withhold all information and in fact did everything to try and make WA U15s just go away while doing everything to assist the NTC team.

I know this is being referred to Nike Global as is completely contrary to the competition rules .. Nike Aust have said the NTC teams play in a club competition and so are "club teams" even though the first listed rule states the team must be playing in an U15 competition .. they know the NTC teams play U18 / U20 etc but disregard this.

Am expecting and hoping Nike Global and the world organisers kick FFA and Nike Aust's butts over this.

Am sure WA will surprise the NTC team especially the SA one as some of the boys in that team are fairly average
Why then didn't the SA NTC squad compete in the FFSA MAN U Cup? If they are deemed to a "club team" because they play in a club comp then they should have to qualify like every other team.

one direction
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by one direction »

How did west Adelaide go?

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

I have missed being on here regularly..... :lol: