Juniors JPL - JSL - JSL

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

gabbymarkaj
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Juniors JPL - JSL - JSL

Post by gabbymarkaj »

JPL - JSL
As all the Junior teams of Metrostars, West Adelaide, Blue Eagle, Campbelltown etc.. from U12 to U16 have to play against the same team that the seniors are playing means that every Premier League club can't have 2 teams for the same age group, am I right?

What gonna happen to the U17's? are they gonna exist?

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Juniors JPL - JSL - JSL

Post by magnet »

gabbymarkaj wrote:JPL - JSL
As all the Junior teams of Metrostars, West Adelaide, Blue Eagle, Campbelltown etc.. from U12 to U16 have to play against the same team that the seniors are playing means that every Premier League club can't have 2 teams for the same age group, am I right?

What gonna happen to the U17's? are they gonna exist?
No, outside of that three league structure there will be a new Junior League which will essentially be the existing Junior JSL league re-branded.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

outside of the three tier system?

so division three may have 6 teams and the B team league for jpl clubs (div 4 ) could have 6/8/19/12?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

FFSA weren't sure what will happens with current JSL teams (ie second and third teams) and also junior teams without seniors when asked.

That was a while ago so they may have come up with a plan since then.

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

Mrs Red wrote:FFSA weren't sure what will happens with current JSL teams (ie second and third teams) and also junior teams without seniors when asked.

So can you clarify whether next season the elite NPL Premier league clubs only need to field 3 teams in total in the new NPL Juniors (currently the JPL competition)? And are not required to field a team in every junior age group as Premier league clubs are currently required to?

So a club such as Campbelltown which has multiple teams in every age group, is only required to have 3 junior teams next season? What if they still want to continue having at least one team in each age group, but find that other teams such as Adelaide Victory (if promoted) might choose not to.

How does this promote junior development when some clubs can choose to take the easy route, and just have the bare minimum of three junior teams?

Perhaps I am missing something here.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

FFSA Junior League is where the existing JSL teams will go therefore clubs can have multiple teams at any age group (as is happening now).

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

themessenger wrote:
Mrs Red wrote:FFSA weren't sure what will happens with current JSL teams (ie second and third teams) and also junior teams without seniors when asked.

So can you clarify whether next season the elite NPL Premier league clubs only need to field 3 teams in total in the new NPL Juniors (currently the JPL competition)? And are not required to field a team in every junior age group as Premier league clubs are currently required to?

So a club such as Campbelltown which has multiple teams in every age group, is only required to have 3 junior teams next season? What if they still want to continue having at least one team in each age group, but find that other teams such as Adelaide Victory (if promoted) might choose not to.

How does this promote junior development when some clubs can choose to take the easy route, and just have the bare minimum of three junior teams?

next year NPL clubs are required to have junior teams in every age group from U6's to U16's as this case this year.

What I think they will do (and I believe they do in Western Australia) is that only the NPL Junior teams will play the same teams as the Seniors each week.

The junior State league and State league-1 leagues could have current JSL teams or teams with out seniors in them IF there is not enough junior teams to fill league's but the teams without seniors will only be able to be played in the third tier junior league.

So potentially you could have a game like happened on the weekend in the U14's cup Playford V Cumberland (current)JSL - which looked like it was a good game from the result.

So each year there might be movement between SL and SL1 to NPL Juniors based on senior promotion and relegation but you may also get promotion and relegation between SL and SL1 junior leagues each year also.

Its only my thoughts on what the FFSA might do but I could be wrong.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Mrs Red wrote:
themessenger wrote:

next year NPL clubs are required to have junior teams in every age group from U6's to U16's as this case this year.

What I think they will do (and I believe they do in Western Australia) is that only the NPL Junior teams will play the same teams as the Seniors each week.

The junior State league and State league-1 leagues could have current JSL teams or teams with out seniors in them IF there is not enough junior teams to fill league's but the teams without seniors will only be able to be played in the third tier junior league.

So potentially you could have a game like happened on the weekend in the U14's cup Playford V Cumberland (current)JSL - which looked like it was a good game from the result.

So each year there might be movement between SL and SL1 to NPL Juniors based on senior promotion and relegation but you may also get promotion and relegation between SL and SL1 junior leagues each year also.

The idea is to have no promotion or relegation based on Junior results. If you look at the structure that was proposed in 2013 you will have the following:

Junior Premier League (as per Senior team status)
• Each club to nominate one team in each age U12-U16

Junior State League (as per Senior team status)

Junior State league 1 (as per Senior team status)

FFSA Junior League
• Premier and State League clubs to field any additional junior teams in to this league.

The FFSA Junior League is likely to form 2 or 3 divisions and be regionalised as is the case with the current JSL structure.

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

FYI from FFSA re state league compliance for 2016-2018

Each state league club is required to field the following junior requirements;
a. At least three junior teams in three of the following age groups – Under 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

So there is a chance that some junior age groups in SL1 and SL may not have enough teams to fill a league because clubs in these leagues only have to fill 3 junior teams. So this may cause some issues with all this. If you had all clubs fielding all age groups then Magnets suggestion works but as we know not all clubs field juniors in all age groups. My idea is just something that the FFSA may use to plug the holes. ps I could be way off.

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

Mrs Red wrote:
themessenger wrote:

So the only chance of movement (promotion) for junior teams say from State League 1 to State League, and from State League to Premier League, will not be based on the performance of the junior team - but on the performance of their Senior First team?

And that non-FFSA junior teams (those with no seniors) will only be able to play in the third tier of the competition and have no chance of ever competing against the JPL teams, unless it's during a cup game?

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

Its only my thoughts on what the FFSA might do but I could be wrong.[/quote]

So the only chance of movement (promotion) for junior teams say from State League 1 to State League, and from State League to Premier League, will not be based on the performance of the junior team - but on the performance of their Senior First team?

And that non-FFSA junior teams (those with no seniors) will only be able to play in the third tier of the competition and have no chance of ever competing against the JPL teams, unless it's during a cup game?[/quote]

The only certain thing is the NPL junior teams will play in line with their senior NPL teams - what will happen with all the rest of the SL and SL1 junior teams, current junior JSL teams and Non- FFSA junior teams is all up in the air at this stage. At the last club meeting with the FFSA this was questioned and the FFSA had no answer for this question. So your guess is good as mine at this stage.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

So a few months out the FFSA have no actual plan when it comes to the development of this generation of juniors, they are just winging it. That's not exactly encouraging

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

Im sure it will be brought up at the next meeting and hopefully things will be clearer.

The Offside Trap
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Offside Trap »

Do we know if there will be an U17 Competition next year?
If not where do all these players go who are not good enough to make the U18's?

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

The Offside Trap wrote:Do we know if there will be an U17 Competition next year?
If not where do all these players go who are not good enough to make the U18's?
Amateurs

Three words
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Three words »

So for example - this year Eastern United Under 12's and 13's are JPL - what happens next year when the Senior team is demoted to Div 3 state league - do these teams play JPL or JSL LEAGUE.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Three words wrote:So for example - this year Eastern United Under 12's and 13's are JPL - what happens next year when the Senior team is demoted to Div 3 state league - do these teams play JPL or JSL LEAGUE.
The structure is staying as it is currently

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

How hard can it be for a governing body to consult and design a long term plan that benefit's the constituents, that it represents?

How many changes has the junior football system had over the past 15 years? How many of those changes have been modified or overturned the following year, or earlier?

Anyone for a Metro League?

How about JPL U12, U14 & U16 leagues only and scrap the U17 league? No? OK. U17 league is optional. Hang on let's make U13 & U15 leagues optional. No stop, lets go back a step or two - all leagues are manditory, except the U17 league. We'll keep you updated on that league as required.

:mrgreen:

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Sounds like a shambles.