Girls Football

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Bodes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Girls Football

Post by Bodes »

My 6 year old daughter has expressed a great deal of interest in playing football and I'd like to find her a female friendly club. I know at U7 they play mixed but most clubs have 90% boys, which could discourage her. Any suggestions?

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Girls Football

Post by paul merson »

Bodes wrote:My 6 year old daughter has expressed a great deal of interest in playing football and I'd like to find her a female friendly club. I know at U7 they play mixed but most clubs have 90% boys, which could discourage her. Any suggestions?
Post this in the women's forum as well Bodes, Im sure someone there will help.

runcorn2adelaide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by runcorn2adelaide »

Metro United is an all girls club with a great spirit.
http://www.metrounitedwfc.com

Allouette
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Allouette »

Adelaide University are an excellent club with very strong coaching, great facilities. Girls and women's soccer is very strong here. Younger children can train with the club without the pressure of games at younger ages and ar often invited to join older teams fro a game or two fro practice. Also considerably cheaper than other top flight clubs.

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

Allouette wrote:Adelaide University are an excellent club with very strong coaching, great facilities. Girls and women's soccer is very strong here. Younger children can train with the club without the pressure of games at younger ages and ar often invited to join older teams fro a game or two fro practice. Also considerably cheaper than other top flight clubs.
Adelaide Uni would be one of the best girls club going around :D

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

Bodes wrote:My 6 year old daughter has expressed a great deal of interest in playing football and I'd like to find her a female friendly club. I know at U7 they play mixed but most clubs have 90% boys, which could discourage her. Any suggestions?
Check out the FFSA website they are running a free soccer program for girls only, from age of 5 upwards. A great initiative and will give girls the chance to try out a new sport, learn some basic skills and discover if it is for them or not.