No birth certificate should mean no play

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: No birth certificate should mean no play

Post by fball12 »

God is an Englishman wrote:
west_ham wrote:I suppose if someone makes the Skilleroos (State under 13s, 14s) or NTC team they still don't have to prove their age?

How is that fair on the others that miss out?

So, you want some to be checked but not others? That's a pretty poor system.
I want all Juniors checked, that should have been clear from the start.

You're looking for excuses not to do the right thing.

If some have absolutely legitimate reasons for not producing some evidence of their age, then so be it.

You're all about throwing up problems instead of focusing on suggesting possible solutions - negative in the extreme.

If a proposed solution/system works for 99%+ of the juniors population that would be better than nothing. The current process of registration is useless and ineffective.

BTW It would be quite easy to enhance the Myfootball club web site to accept a scanned copy of a birth certificate (or other document) and attach it to a players record. The same way as a photo can be added.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

west_ham wrote:
west_ham wrote:I suppose if someone makes the Skilleroos (State under 13s, 14s) or NTC team they still don't have to prove their age?

How is that fair on the others that miss out?

So, you want some to be checked but not others? That's a pretty poor system.
I want all Juniors checked, that should have been clear from the start.

You're looking for excuses not to do the right thing.

If some have absolutely legitimate reasons for not producing some evidence of their age, then so be it.

You're all about throwing up problems instead of focusing on suggesting possible solutions - negative in the extreme.

If a proposed solution/system works for 99%+ of the juniors population that would be better than nothing. The current process of registration is useless and ineffective.

BTW It would be quite easy to enhance the Myfootball club web site to accept a scanned copy of a birth certificate (or other document) and attach it to a players record. The same way as a photo can be added.

So you want them all checked, but you cannot throw up a way to check people that your system doesn't account for.

I'm negative, i'm positive as I don't think there's an issue at all. I'm OK so far that my son's club is doing the right thing, what other clubs do is their issue. So, whilst I am throwing up problems to your proposal. You're throwing up a problem that is minor.

On a separate matter: what do you think we should do about the possibility of a global attack from Venus?

fball12
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by fball12 »

So if 1 in 500 kids (probably 1 in 1000) can't produce a birth certificate/documentation, then no checking should be done for all the rest?

Is that the solution?

You're happy with that sort of system?

If a team wins a JPL championship or the Cup and they used over age players, you consider that a minor problem? I'll bet there are plenty that will disagree with that, even if they don't come out and voice their opinion on the matter.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

west_ham wrote:So if 1 in 500 kids (probably 1 in 1000) can't produce a birth certificate/documentation, then no checking should be done for all the rest?

Is that the solution?

If a team wins a JPL championship or the Cup and they used over age players, you consider that a minor problem? I'll bet there are plenty that will disagree with that, even if they don't come out and voice their opinion on the matter.
Are you a member of a club football committee?

If yes - use your club as the starting base to argue with the FFSA for change, make a formal report with workable solutions.
If no - join your clubs football committee and get the ball rolling.

Our club does not have an issue with the system. There may be age discrepancies pop up occasionally but we find most are accidental.

The first priority should be about preparing and developing young players to reach senior squads. Anything else is a bonus.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

west_ham wrote:So if 1 in 500 kids (probably 1 in 1000) can't produce a birth certificate/documentation, then no checking should be done for all the rest?

Is that the solution?

I didn't say that's the solution, i'm saying your solution is flawed, fatally flawed at that.

I dont actually think, any clubs care that much about a JPL competition to really be that fussed about playing over age players deliberately. If your club does then it shows they're not running the junior sides for the right reasons.

Cobweb Rides Again
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cobweb Rides Again »

I'm 45 ýear old and still really PISSED that the other team used a 1 day, over age player just to win that U12 trophy.....

If ONLY they knew how much I have spent in counselling over the years, just because of it........

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Is that the solution?

I didn't say that's the solution, i'm saying your solution is flawed, fatally flawed at that.

I dont actually think, any clubs care that much about a JPL competition to really be that fussed about playing over age players deliberately. If your club does then it shows they're not running the junior sides for the right reasons.
Clearly some clubs and coaches are fussed because it would not be going on. The one and only reason for playing an overage player is to gain an advantage over the opposition.

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

johnydep wrote:Image
Wow, what a beautiful photo.
Is that was you played for? That was worth it. Hay. Hay.