Its all happening at the Pirates!!!!!!

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Its all happening at the Pirates!!!!!!

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Golden wrote:Hi All,
New to this site but this thread resonated with what we just experienced...

We played them "Croydon" Friday night and lost 6:3 with this certain player scoring 4 of their goals.
I Was told by one of their coaching team it was the first game he played for them and usually plays up.

I understand that if they are of the correct age that they are eligible however it certainly didn't reflect their usual team and it wasn't like they were short... Just a little frustrating to look forward to a competitive game but played a stacked side. When he was off the pitch we came back to 3 all but couldn't contain him from there...

We also played the Pirates with the same scenario but managed to get the points.

Don't get me wrong, the player was of a great calibre and certainly was the standout, but why not keep him in the team all year? Or leave him in the older age group and keep the usual team?

Anyway, looking forward to our next meeting with them as if they play this player again we have some experience!
Trev.
The result of the Croydon vs Salisbury game has been removed from Fox sports pulse website. Any idea why?

Golden
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Golden »

Development is what we do with our regular boys...

Dunno about the scores on the site... One the goal scorers sheet it looks like Salisbury won 3:2!

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Golden wrote:Development is what we do with our regular boys...

Dunno about the scores on the site... One the goal scorers sheet it looks like Salisbury won 3:2!
Maybe Salisbury have put in a dispute

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

Golden wrote:Hi All,
New to this site but this thread resonated with what we just experienced...

We played them "Croydon" Friday night and lost 6:3 with this certain player scoring 4 of their goals.
I Was told by one of their coaching team it was the first game he played for them and usually plays up.

I understand that if they are of the correct age that they are eligible however it certainly didn't reflect their usual team and it wasn't like they were short... Just a little frustrating to look forward to a competitive game but played a stacked side. When he was off the pitch we came back to 3 all but couldn't contain him from there...

We also played the Pirates with the same scenario but managed to get the points.

Don't get me wrong, the player was of a great calibre and certainly was the standout, but why not keep him in the team all year? Or leave him in the older age group and keep the usual team?

Anyway, looking forward to our next meeting with them as if they play this player again we have some experience!
Trev.
Not according to the Foxsportspulse website:

Croydon Kings
Goals:
A. Gatis 2, M. Sanoe 2, S. Timbo , I. Ali

Golden
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Golden »

Yes I saw that too however watching the game there was one player who definitely scored 4 goals.

I can't explain the listing as it is now

No problems.

Looking forward to just getting back into the games. Only have had 2 games in the past month!