FFSA ...YOU'RE A JOKE

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

juvefever
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

FFSA ...YOU'RE A JOKE

Post by juvefever »

On the weekend a ref gave a player a straight red card (which wasnt there) and the ref admitted so to the boys after the game. The reason for the red card 'because the home team parents were yelling' that is a joke. What ensued however is an absolute disgrace. ...ffsa overturned the red card but the umpire wasnt happy and tgen added that the player abused him so now the boy has been suspended for 5 weeks. Umpires...you want respect then umpire properly and within the rules youve just cost a young boy the rest of his season because of your lying and ego. Shame on you!

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: FFSA ...YOU'RE A JOKE

Post by Socca »

Umpire ?

What sport are you referring to ?

juvefever
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by juvefever »

Sorry shouldve said referee and 'ffsa' football federation of south australia so the sport I refer to is football otherwise known by some as soccer.

Jett
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jett »

Im surprised FFSA overturned the red card. They are there to support the refs 100%. Consider your club doing well with the decision that was made from FFSA.

juvefever
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by juvefever »

Firstly its not my club nor my team .. in fact it was the opposition team to the one I regularly watch No issues with referees disciplining players but I was right near where the incident occurred and yeah the young lad swore as he walked off but at no stage did he abuse the ref. Fair is fair and to suggest the player,, team or club should be 'happy with the decision' is not a fair call.

Jett
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jett »

I suggested it was a fair decision only because the club actually got something out of FFSA. Normally when you try to reverse a refs decision through FFSA ,you get JACK.

juvefever
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by juvefever »

Ah ok :lol:

Winston_the_First
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Winston_the_First »

When a player swears within earshot of a ref, and particularly after being penalised or carded, it is a grey area whether the player is swearing about the general unfairness of the situation or is swearing directly at the ref. So if the ref percieves that they are being sworn at, it is not a clear cut situation and that is the refs call. Best thing - cop the first decision and don't swear.

Witnessed a game a few weeks ago. Yellow card for a tackle that I thought was 50/50 - could have been, could have not been. Player felt hard done by and swears at ref. Ref calls player back and gives a warning. Player swears again at ref as he is walking away. Ref gives red card. Not much to complain about there I think.

juvefever
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by juvefever »

You are correct if a player swears directly at a ref go for it. ....even then i think 5 weeks would be rough...referee to precious in this case. Has anyone heard coaches???? If anyone goes to senior games youll hear all the words in the book! Who gets 5 weeks.....its ridiculous!

Jonny Lidon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Jonny Lidon »

Not your club, but you know about the reversal and extra ban..mmmmmmm

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

use the term umpire = loss of any credibility
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Sotally Tober
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sotally Tober »

redfred wrote:use the term juve = loss of any credibility
This
I need a drink

juvefever
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by juvefever »

No its not my club, yes I know about reversals etc ...do you not know people/coaches from other clubs that you speak to. ......Im sure you do!..........in fact is I actually don't have kids who are currently playing anywhere. Secondly, to those who are making comments on my use of the term umpire......very sorry if I don't use the correct terminology....we can't all be as perfect as you! For those reading this forum to discuss rather than correct every word.....I thought this was a rough decision by the FFSA and REFEREE!

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Statler and Waldorf »

redfred wrote:use the term umpire = loss of any credibility
This also

And the fact that a player using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
is punished by way of a red card.

Your knowledge of the game is truly outstanding.
Whats wrong with you?
Its either indigestion or this forum, and I hope its indigestion
Why?
Because at least I know that will get better in a little while

juvefever
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by juvefever »

Ok.....if a red card needs to be issued for swearing I put it to you that most oldder boys would be red carded every weekalong with most of the senior teams going around......you're all a bit precious!

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

We're a bit precious?
You're the idiot making a massive deal out of a junior game when clearly the rules
were followed by the official.
Nice to see you're setting a great example for the kids.
Whats wrong with you?
Why?

juvefever
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by juvefever »

Not an idiot....just live in the real word where a swear word is not the end of the world. The player said one swear word whilst walking in the opposite direction to the ref....no gestures no abuse etc as you have said...compared to some of the other unsportsmanlike behavior manifested by some..would have thought this pretty insignificant. Everyone is entitled to their point of view...are they not! . ...I raised my children with a backbone and hearing a swear word or being called a name wouldn't phase them. As for making a big deal I simply stated an opinion......if you read most of the threads on here thats what people are doing.....you are entitled to disagree.

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Socca »

Like it was stated earlier, you lost us at 'umpire'

Get a life

juvefever
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by juvefever »

For someone who had been 'lost'Socca you're still reading this thread. I have a life mate........why don't you stop being so pedantic and just let people express an opinion even if a mistake was made in not using the correct terminology, Im pretty sure most people understood the opinion I was expressing.

Statler and Waldorf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The point is not whether a swear word is "the end of the world" or not
it's that according to the laws of the game it's an offence punishable by a red card.
Yet you are carrying on like a pork chop as if the kid was hard done by!

This is a junior game you're talking about, and you should be leading by example and supporting the
kids to "play by the rules" and show some respect to the officials.

With people like you around junior football it's no wonder we can't get enough people to officiate them!
Whats wrong with you?
Why?