Junior Fees

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Junior Fees

Post by Ctrl-Alt-Del »

Just trying to work out what non-club fees-levies-costs are associated with putting an Under 12 JPL or JSL team (is there a difference ?) on the park?
ie - what does FFSA charge the Clubs per player-team ??
Why is everyone always telling people on computers to hit me ?

GiancarloRed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Junior Fees

Post by GiancarloRed »

You could ask FFSA directly....?

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ctrl-Alt-Del »

GiancarloRed wrote:You could ask FFSA directly....?
Why, wouldn't anyone on here know?

GiancarloRed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by GiancarloRed »

If they are club delegates / registrars / junior coordinators (or similar) they may (ie should) do but not sure how many on here hold those roles and are sufficiently in the know, may be quicker and more effective to speak with a competitions coordinator at FFSA or someone at your own club who deals with these matters.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ctrl-Alt-Del »

GiancarloRed wrote:If they are club delegates / registrars / junior coordinators (or similar) they may (ie should) do but not sure how many on here hold those roles and are sufficiently in the know, may be quicker and more effective to speak with a competitions coordinator at FFSA or someone at your own club who deals with these matters.
I'm kind of an outsider looking in at a club where my son plays, that has 2 Under 12 teams ( 30 players) that generate ~ $20,000 in Club fees and just interested in what portion of that is taken up in FFSA/FFA fees-costs-levies. I doubt it would be very much ! These fees etc. would be the same at whichever club surely ?

GiancarloRed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by GiancarloRed »

OK, I don't know the fees payable to FFSA, the link below may help or perhaps do a search on these forums.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/get_file.cgi?id=2901065

Imagine each club retains the majority of the fee after expenses.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

Ctrl-Alt-Del wrote:
GiancarloRed wrote:If they are club delegates / registrars / junior coordinators (or similar) they may (ie should) do but not sure how many on here hold those roles and are sufficiently in the know, may be quicker and more effective to speak with a competitions coordinator at FFSA or someone at your own club who deals with these matters.
I'm kind of an outsider looking in at a club where my son plays, that has 2 Under 12 teams ( 30 players) that generate ~ $20,000 in Club fees and just interested in what portion of that is taken up in FFSA/FFA fees-costs-levies. I doubt it would be very much ! These fees etc. would be the same at whichever club surely ?
So about $650 each to play for the club......
Team fees are around $195 per team to register - this is all from memory. To register a player and insure them you are looking at between $65 to $90 depending on insurance package selected by the club but the minimum is $65 for 2014. So your 30 players would cost around $3k to FFSA/FFA. I guess the club has hired a coach and then there's the strips for the team. At our club a U12-U16 player pays around $480-500 and are registered, receive a home and away strip (some clubs 'own' the strip so the player doesnt get them), shorts and a pair of socks for their money. Strips would cost upwards of $70 to $110 - depending on supplier and sublimation preparation costs. So if your club provides each player with strips each year the cost could be for your 30 players - another $3300. So about a bit over $6k to get those two teams kitted out, registered and insured - not taking into account coach payments. I hope this assists. cheers Geoff9559

charlieadelaide
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by charlieadelaide »

This is for all you parents that believe the clubs make squillions of dollars from your junior teams fees, this comment is not for all but for all those that complain about the fees, why not get down the ground and support your club, whether it be to buy a sausage and a beer on match days (would be free to any home games for juniors and their parents) help out around the club with some volunteer work, run the line, help the coach pack away the gear, stop complaining that the fees are too high, most of the top clubs charge more because they have paid junior coaching staff, along with paid junior co-coordinators that train the coaching staff, most of these people are highly qualified and deserve to get paid.

Lets not forget other fees too...........

ground rent
Lights for training, sometimes juniors train separately to seniors so there are two grounds to look after, the juniors normally play on the senior pitch on weekends
General electric, water, sewer and other associated costs
New balls every year, one each, ball bags, bags for coach, first aid kits, magic spray, ice packs
Two match balls per team
Bibs
Ref and linesman fees
Organising of trial games which normally have a ref too, along with trial games mean that more games are played
Poles, flags, nets, small sided goals and cones
Upkeep of grounds, mowing and line marking (if multiple grounds)
Coaching and team manager attire
Coaching payments if associated with stronger teams and older age groups
Coaching license payments, senior is $1850...........C license $3500, approx...........only lasts two years
Other costs to running a club are jobs that are not taken up by volunteers, canteen staff, bar staff (who need to have special license)

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ctrl-Alt-Del »

charlieadelaide wrote:This is for all you parents that believe the clubs make squillions of dollars from your junior teams fees, this comment is not for all but for all those that complain about the fees, why not get down the ground and support your club, whether it be to buy a sausage and a beer on match days (would be free to any home games for juniors and their parents) help out around the club with some volunteer work, run the line, help the coach pack away the gear, stop complaining that the fees are too high, most of the top clubs charge more because they have paid junior coaching staff, along with paid junior co-coordinators that train the coaching staff, most of these people are highly qualified and deserve to get paid.

ground rent
Lights for training, sometimes juniors train separately to seniors so there are two grounds to look after, the juniors normally play on the senior pitch on weekends
New balls every year, one each, ball bags, bags for coach, first aid kits, magic spray, ice packs
Two match balls per team
Bibs
Ref and linesman fees
Organising of trial games which normally have a ref too, along with trial games mean that more games are played
Coaching license payments, senior is $1850...........C license $3500, approx...........only lasts two years
Other costs to running a club are jobs that are not taken up by volunteers, canteen staff, bar staff (who need to have special license)
But Junior fees are not the only way Clubs make money - canteen, bar, functions, raffles, parents spend money at club, sponsorship, grants.
Many of the costs you highlited are shared over all teams.
Not complaining as such, just wanted to know the breakdown.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

charlieadelaide wrote:This is for all you parents that believe the clubs make squillions of dollars from your junior teams fees, this comment is not for all but for all those that complain about the fees, why not get down the ground and support your club, whether it be to buy a sausage and a beer on match days (would be free to any home games for juniors and their parents) help out around the club with some volunteer work, run the line, help the coach pack away the gear, stop complaining that the fees are too high, most of the top clubs charge more because they have paid junior coaching staff, along with paid junior co-coordinators that train the coaching staff, most of these people are highly qualified and deserve to get paid.

ground rent
Two match balls per team
Bibs
Ref and linesman fees
CharlieAdelaide - I dont think anyone said in this thread that the fees were over the top, the question was what component goes to the FFSA from a club's fee schedule. THe majority of clubs are not for profit, therefore cannot make squillions of dollars and any 'profit' has to go back into the club as equipment or whatever. You forgot normal third party insurance which can be a killer for a club to fork out unless they have some sort of deal in their ground/facility rental agreement which covers this. Cheers Geoff9559

charlieadelaide
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by charlieadelaide »

[I'm kind of an outsider looking in at a club where my son plays, that has 2 Under 12 teams ( 30 players) that generate ~ $20,000 in Club fees and just interested in what portion of that is taken up in FFSA/FFA fees-costs-levies. I doubt it would be very much ! These fees etc. would be the same at whichever club surely ?

But Junior fees are not the only way Clubs make money - canteen, bar, functions, raffles, parents spend money at club, sponsorship, grants.
Many of the costs you highlited are shared over all teams.
Not complaining as such, just wanted to know the breakdown.[/quote]

By the way you said generate $20,000 it looked like you were having a whinge, but you may not have, anyway all other fundraising would go to paying players, coaching staff (all senior grades, 18s, Reserves, Seniors) most clubs outgoings would be between $5K to $15K a week, unless you are West Adelaide then it would be closer of $5K a week (per player:lol: )

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

It seems that there's also an "Association" fee which is set for Premier and State League clubs to the FFSA. Its a set amount and would have to be apportioned over the number of teams a club fields. Not too sure how much it is, however it is a sizeable amount to the FFSA outside of the other fees that were previously listed that a club pays for each team fielded. FFSA annual report indicates $424k income from affiliation fees (this would be also from other Associations and not just Premier League and State League Clubs).

As Charlieadelaide said it does cost about $5k per week to run a club when you take into account all the running costs. I was told awhile ago that for a Premier League club you are looking at a minimum of $150k for the season (28-30 rounds) - and that's for just the lower tier clubs, top four would be heaps more as you are paying for better licensed coaches and assistants.

cheers

Geoff9559

The Shape
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Shape »

geoff9559 wrote:It seems that there's also an "Association" fee which is set for Premier and State League clubs to the FFSA. Its a set amount and would have to be apportioned over the number of teams a club fields. Not too sure how much it is, however it is a sizeable amount to the FFSA outside of the other fees that were previously listed that a club pays for each team fielded. FFSA annual report indicates $424k income from affiliation fees (this would be also from other Associations and not just Premier League and State League Clubs).

As Charlieadelaide said it does cost about $5k per week to run a club when you take into account all the running costs. I was told awhile ago that for a Premier League club you are looking at a minimum of $150k for the season (28-30 rounds) - and that's for just the lower tier clubs, top four would be heaps more as you are paying for better licensed coaches and assistants.

cheers

Geoff9559
Break it down even further

Work value for money on minutes exposed (group or individual)

Swimming at some places costs 17.50$ a session (30 minutes)...generally 3-4 kids a group ( provided all show up)...4 terms with ten sessions a term.....$700 (1200 minutes) $1.71/minute

0.427c/kid

Tennis 19$ a session (40 minutes)..... 4-6 kids a group.....$760 (1600 minutes) $2.10/minute

5 kids ...... 0.42c/kid

Football :

depending which club?????
Around $600-$1000/ year.....let's say $800/year for 8 months (2/wk training & 1 game =3 events/wk) 768 event/$800 = $1.04/minute.....14 kids/team.....0.074c/kid

Value for money?

Smaller group (saturated) coaching vs bigger group (less concentrated) coaching

Seems as though the quality of the coach will determine the value for money????????

Gauge it....on the kids smile & have they improved through the season.