JPL team stripped of all competition points

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Rebel with a Cause
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

JPL team stripped of all competition points

Post by Rebel with a Cause »

A leading Premier League club has had all the points of one of their JPL teams stripped for playing overage player(s). Many have pointed the finger at this Club over the years and these developments come as no suprise to those in the know. Sadly this club portrays itself as being holier than thou.

AV Juniors
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: JPL team stripped of all competition points

Post by AV Juniors »

Which club ?

AV Juniors
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by AV Juniors »

Which club ?

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Croydon kings
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Nap_65
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nap_65 »

What age group?

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

If its croydon kings is it one of the teams sitting top of the league?

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Rebel with a Cause wrote:A leading Premier League club has had all the points of one of their JPL teams stripped for playing overage player(s). Many have pointed the finger at this Club over the years and these developments come as no suprise to those in the know. Sadly this club portrays itself as being holier than thou.
Saw the email yesterday ..the way it read to me is that overturning of points only applied to one particular team not all their JPL teams...

The team in question is in the U14JPL Div 1 comp .... the fallout of this pertaining to other teams is that teams they have beaten (they are currently mid table) will now receive 3pts where as teams such as the one I am involved with via my youngest son which beat the particular team remain as is ...

The result of this for us is that we are currently sitting top of table (club team wise) now the team below us which lost to the team will receive 3pts and go above us ... considering the team below us is @!#! AC makes it harder to swallow ..

The team in question has thrown a real spanner in the works and effected the status of this league..

I do understand they have the right of appeal so maybe just unfounded accusations at the moment however FFSA seemed pretty clear in what they were saying and had all the games listed in which the alleged ineligible player was fielded..

I know of the coach of the team and wouldn't have thought he would be the type to knowingly play an ineligible player as think he is a development orientated coach so maybe there is more to the whole situation ...

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Ps has effected the Cup comp as well as the team was through to semi final .... it was suggested that it will ripple back to first team they played in cup with subsequent playoffs between this an the other couple of teams they beat in cup ...

GiancarloRed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by GiancarloRed »

That is an unfortunate situation but can and does happen, and sometimes deliberately for advantage.

Junior competition should be focussed on player development and quality of performance.

If Croydon has regularly played over-age players in 14s then perhaps the loss of all points is currently the only available remedy (should only apply to games the ineligible players played) or alternatively, the club can be fined and put on a good behaviour bond with strict provisions for 14s for the remainder of the season? In that way the competition including Cup is not affected.

That said the 14A JPL title is not worth a lot of money Sacred Noodle so I would not worry overly about how the table may look if points are re-adjusted.

ZZZZ
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ZZZZ »

good team that one. i have always wondered ever since i saw 2 players jump the fence onto south rd last year immediately after the game on a friday night and jump in the passenger seat and drive off.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

GiancarloRed wrote:That is an unfortunate situation but can and does happen, and sometimes deliberately for advantage.

Junior competition should be focussed on player development and quality of performance.

If Croydon has regularly played over-age players in 14s then perhaps the loss of all points is currently the only available remedy (should only apply to games the ineligible players played) or alternatively, the club can be fined and put on a good behaviour bond with strict provisions for 14s for the remainder of the season? In that way the competition including Cup is not affected.

That said the 14A JPL title is not worth a lot of money Sacred Noodle so I would not worry overly about how the table may look if points are re-adjusted.
The boys that train hard and give it all on the pitch worry !

New Boy On The Block
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by New Boy On The Block »

If this is happening, how many others are playing using different names on the team sheet?
No photo rego cards so no way to check!

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

New Boy On The Block wrote:If this is happening, how many others are playing using different names on the team sheet?
No photo rego cards so no way to check!
I bought this point up last night with club officials. Last week we played a team that had a couple players that looked overage. My team manager asked reg. registration details which couldn't be provided.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

before we all jump the gun and accuse clubs and coaches of CHEATING, we need to make sure that it wasn't an admin error as this can happen very easily with players doing their own registrations online and some players who don't have birth certificates.

can anyone really prove that it was done intentionally

Rebel with a Cause
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Rebel with a Cause »

Yeh must be a horrible mistake like the one White City 15's got done for and thrown out.
Notorious offenders.
Relegate their senior team after a few offenceses and see if it happens again.
In Victoria this year they deducted a senior team 3 points for forfeiting an U14 league game.

kings
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kings »

Sacred Noodle wrote:
Rebel with a Cause wrote:A leading Premier League club has had all the points of one of their JPL teams stripped for playing overage player(s). Many have pointed the finger at this Club over the years and these developments come as no suprise to those in the know. Sadly this club portrays itself as being holier than thou.
Saw the email yesterday ..the way it read to me is that overturning of points only applied to one particular team not all their JPL teams...

The team in question is in the U14JPL Div 1 comp .... the fallout of this pertaining to other teams is that teams they have beaten (they are currently mid table) will now receive 3pts where as teams such as the one I am involved with via my youngest son which beat the particular team remain as is ...

The result of this for us is that we are currently sitting top of table (club team wise) now the team below us which lost to the team will receive 3pts and go above us ... considering the team below us is @!#! AC makes it harder to swallow ..

The team in question has thrown a real spanner in the works and effected the status of this league..

I do understand they have the right of appeal so maybe just unfounded accusations at the moment however FFSA seemed pretty clear in what they were saying and had all the games listed in which the alleged ineligible player was fielded..

I know of the coach of the team and wouldn't have thought he would be the type to knowingly play an ineligible player as think he is a development orientated coach so maybe there is more to the whole situation ...

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE KIDS FROM CROYDON U/14 WHO HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. :cry:
JUST WORRY ABOUT WERE YOU ARE ON THE TABLE. WAKE UP GET A LIFE Sacred Noodle .

Toon Army
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Toon Army »

We do have to feel for the kids in this team, playing their hearts out every week for what? - nothing. The boy involved I hear has been playing in this team for a few years, therefore it's not just year, do they now get relegated to B division and allow another team to move up?

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Does open a big can of worms

My question is this, how was he found out? And if it has been for a few years as suggested why ha it taken this long To come to light?

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

thats what im saying, has this issue recently been picked up as an error or has the club done this deliberate (which i doubt)

Rebel you should put in a police report over this and make sure the people responsible serve time in jail (get a life mate)

if this is so serious and senior team should be fined heavily and have points deducted, what do you think shouldve happened to the club with false stat Decs?

bulldoggooner
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bulldoggooner »

Fantastic to see something done about this at last Croydon should be ashamed of themselves

charlieadelaide
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by charlieadelaide »

Come on guys get a grip..........one player does not make a team, and how much older is this lad, if he has missed the date by a couple months then no problem, but if he is like a year older then that's different, this is why the comp should be like the UK, under 14s, under 16s under 19s, nothing in between

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

kings wrote:
Sacred Noodle wrote:

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE KIDS FROM CROYDON U/14 WHO HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. :cry:
JUST WORRY ABOUT WERE YOU ARE ON THE TABLE. WAKE UP GET A LIFE Sacred Noodle .
I do empathise for those Croydon kids ..wan ker ..

GiancarloRed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by GiancarloRed »

Big over-reaction by a few people with a little common sense in between.

The players would not be concerned at the situation just a few over-zealous parents perhaps. More important that players get to play and against tough but not over-the-top opponents. One player over-age will usually not make a difference to a team and is a common excuse when you lose.

Checking rego documents is often unfeasible. If you are concerned that the team you are playing is much different (ie bigger) to last time by all means check with the team manager and club if necessary.

But best to accept the sport warts and all and just play and do your best, over time those doing the wrong things (and trying to win at almost any cost) will be weeded out of the game, and not before time.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

It's not that hard for the coach to find out at the start of the season what year his players were born. If the coach knew about the overage player then he is doing everybody a disservice.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

What if the coach didnt know?
Isnt it the responsibility of the team manager or usually a committee member whos in charge of junior registrations?
I really feel for the players in the squad who have to cop this, but clubs do have to be more careful and make sure this stops

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

rossonero wrote:What if the coach didnt know?
Isnt it the responsibility of the team manager or usually a committee member whos in charge of junior registrations?
I really feel for the players in the squad who have to cop this, but clubs do have to be more careful and make sure this stops
exactly, our Manager sent an email around to parents clearly stating the required year of birth.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

not sure about other clubs but our club send an email out at the beginning of the year with your team listing the names, players rego no's, DOB, and the parenst contact details!!!

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Rookie wrote:not sure about other clubs but our club send an email out at the beginning of the year with your team listing the names, players rego no's, DOB, and the parenst contact details!!!
our club does the same as im sure nearly all other clubs would.

in this case with croydon, if they wanted to cheat intentionally, wouldnt they play the overage player under a different name to make sure they woudnt get caught, clearly they thought he was of the correct age, why has it taken the ffsa this long to pick up that the player was overage, dont they process and check the team sheets?

GiancarloRed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by GiancarloRed »

Agree with rossonero, why has it taken so long to identify and 'prove' it? I assume there was a complaint raised by a club that lost to Croydon which was then investigated by FFSA? If the player was played with Croydon reasonably understanding the kid was of correct age (maybe via parents, carers etc) then why the harsh penalty? Suggests the FFSA does not check team-sheets unless a complaint is made or ref report. I hope there are lessons here for all concerned.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

GiancarloRed wrote:Agree with rossonero, why has it taken so long to identify and 'prove' it? I assume there was a complaint raised by a club that lost to Croydon which was then investigated by FFSA? If the player was played with Croydon reasonably understanding the kid was of correct age (maybe via parents, carers etc) then why the harsh penalty? Suggests the FFSA does not check team-sheets unless a complaint is made or ref report. I hope there are lessons here for all concerned.
yet the FFSA will issue out fines to clubs who fail to fill out the team sheet correctly??? (so they do check them???)