JPL team stripped of all competition points

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: JPL team stripped of all competition points

Post by Sacred Noodle »

TWG wrote:Hey Sacred Noodle. I think you should get your facts right before making silly accusations. The Croydon player was not over age but he was unregistered with the FFSA to play this year. Therefore any game he played in is deemed illegal by the FFSA rules and rules of any federation in the world I would think so the Club needs to face the penalty. Simple. You therefore must give back the 3 points to the teams that Croydon beat when they were playing this ineligible player, they were basically cheating playing an unregistered player.(knowingly or not it does not matter). You can not punish the other teams they played against for what Croydon did!) This is no one else's fault other than Croydon. Don't try and blame anyone else for this.

Also for you to be accusing Adelaide City of making the complaint to the FFSA is again WRONG. I know for a fact that it was not them who complained!!!! And for you to complain about AC getting the 3 points for this game (which is what has to have happened for all teams that played against Croydon when they were playing this unregistered player) shows your jealousy of Adelaide City. To cry about the under 14 AC team jumping a place above you on the league table is ridiculous. Grow up mate and let the kids develop and have fun. Forget about the table and make sure the kids are learning and playing great football.
Sorry to rehash .. but people associated with the relevant Croydon team are saying the issue is age related .. and that the complaint originated from AC ..so who do I believe them or "TWG" .... anyway just adding my last 2c worth ..! .. what ever the FACTS! is not a good situation especially for the boy and team involved but it may just help them bond together and show their character for the rest of the season..

kings
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kings »

Sacred Noodle wrote:
TWG wrote:Hey Sacred Noodle. I think you should get your facts right before making silly accusations. The Croydon player was not over age but he was unregistered with the FFSA to play this year. Therefore any game he played in is deemed illegal by the FFSA rules and rules of any federation in the world I would think so the Club needs to face the penalty. Simple. You therefore must give back the 3 points to the teams that Croydon beat when they were playing this ineligible player, they were basically cheating playing an unregistered player.(knowingly or not it does not matter). You can not punish the other teams they played against for what Croydon did!) This is no one else's fault other than Croydon. Don't try and blame anyone else for this.

Also for you to be accusing Adelaide City of making the complaint to the FFSA is again WRONG. I know for a fact that it was not them who complained!!!! And for you to complain about AC getting the 3 points for this game (which is what has to have happened for all teams that played against Croydon when they were playing this unregistered player) shows your jealousy of Adelaide City. To cry about the under 14 AC team jumping a place above you on the league table is ridiculous. Grow up mate and let the kids develop and have fun. Forget about the table and make sure the kids are learning and playing great football.
Sorry to rehash .. but people associated with the relevant Croydon team are saying the issue is age related .. and that the complaint originated from AC ..so who do I believe them or "TWG" .... anyway just adding my last 2c worth ..! .. what ever the FACTS! is not a good situation especially for the boy and team involved but it may just help them bond together and show their character for the rest of the season..

Yes we thought it was AC as some parents from West Adelaide were telling us ,but found out it was Blue Eagles .

GiancarloRed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by GiancarloRed »

Putting the pieces together it seems a club (maybe ABE, but could be another club) complained that the African / dark skinned boys of Croydon may be over-age hence FFSA investigated and found that one boy's (self) registration birth year was stated as 1999, though previously it was recorded as 2000, hence the action taken by FFSA which is now pending appeal by the Kings. So the matter was age related and yes, brought up by a (sore) loser club. Why the FFSA database could not identify that the boy ie rego number was registered with a different birthdate/year than in previous years is another matter. Let us hope we get a satisfactory resolution of the matter and lessons have been learned.

r2d2
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by r2d2 »

I agree with you GiancarloRed except for the sore losers comment. The rules are there for a reason and not to be broken, be it accidentally. Have to feel sorry for the kids for someone else's mistake or deception. Most parents trust the club or team to do the right thing and take the registrations at face value. Sounds to me like deception from 1 kid to play with his mates at the expense of an entire team. If the club knew throw the book at them, but if it's 1 kids deception have some leniency.

jimmy2014
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by jimmy2014 »

So was the player in question new to Croydon this season?

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

jimmy2014 wrote:So was the player in question new to Croydon this season?
yes, last year he was playing for Polonia

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

rossonero wrote:
jimmy2014 wrote:So was the player in question new to Croydon this season?
yes, last year he was playing for Polonia
I dont get it.......isnt Polonia ..Croydon Kings? So the player was in Croydon last season and this season, so not new to the club. http://www.poloniacroydonkings.com/

Still a learner on previous iterations, or names, of clubs so please excuse if I have this wrong with the question and answer.

Cheers Geoff9559

on-side
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by on-side »

I think he was being sarcastic!

kings
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kings »

GiancarloRed wrote:Putting the pieces together it seems a club (maybe ABE, but could be another club) complained that the African / dark skinned boys of Croydon may be over-age hence FFSA investigated and found that one boy's (self) registration birth year was stated as 1999, though previously it was recorded as 2000, hence the action taken by FFSA which is now pending appeal by the Kings. So the matter was age related and yes, brought up by a (sore) loser club. Why the FFSA database could not identify that the boy ie rego number was registered with a different birthdate/year than in previous years is another matter. Let us hope we get a satisfactory resolution of the matter and lessons have been learned.

When will FFSA take responsibility and check before the season starts FFSA should be fined . :D

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

but clubs are responsible for registrations, how about fining the clubs???

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

rossonero wrote:but clubs are responsible for registrations, how about fining the clubs???
Players or their parents are now expected to self register, this is supposedly to make the process easier on clubs and volunteers. Clubs rely on parents to input correct information, including the dob of their child. Unless a club calls for proof of age from every player which they can painstakingly then cross check against the registration details submitted by parents on line, mistakes may occur. And to undertake such a process is onerous and a duplication of effort.

Having said that, and assuming player details are correctly input by parents, it is the clubs responsibility to ensure the age of each player is correct for the age group they are playing in, and to do this before the first game of the season.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

it would take a team manager / coach 15mins to check the registration details of his 15 players....

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

I last night gave a lift to a player who had come out for a look/ trial at our club as he had a couple of friends there .. who told me his year of birth and also the age group (which was the age under) he had been playing in at a club last year .. he had gone to another club this year they found out his age and so transferred him straight up the correct age group..

Thing is he told where he was playing there are a few older than the age group they are/were playing in ... he would know as he is the same background and friends/ related with these boys..

Wont name the club or players as that doesn't serve any worth and also I don't know the reasons why this may be/have happened, who is aware/who isn't aware and so is not my place to, however FFSA need to somehow have some better checks and balances ie the lack of cards.. self registration etc maybe it doesn't matter and maybe there is no real answer and so just accept this is the way it is and at the end of the day it probably all pans out however it maybe a little unfair especially for the younger correct age kids

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

you need to collect birth certificates / visas etc if a club is registering a new player and then check that the details match the registration details....if all matches then he can go ahead and play.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

Sacred Noodle wrote:I last night gave a lift to a player who had come out for a look/ trial at our club as he had a couple of friends there .. who told me his year of birth and also the age group (which was the age under) he had been playing in at a club last year .. he had gone to another club this year they found out his age and so transferred him straight up the correct age group..

Thing is he told where he was playing there are a few older than the age group they are/were playing in ... he would know as he is the same background and friends/ related with these boys..

Wont name the club or players as that doesn't serve any worth and also I don't know the reasons why this may be/have happened, who is aware/who isn't aware and so is not my place to, however FFSA need to somehow have some better checks and balances ie the lack of cards.. self registration etc maybe it doesn't matter and maybe there is no real answer and so just accept this is the way it is and at the end of the day it probably all pans out however it maybe a little unfair especially for the younger correct age kids
We had a similar issue - kid came from another club stating that he'd play in X age group and when we went to place him in the next age group/year up, for this year, we found that his age (DOB) made him unable to be registered for the group he thought he should be in. We checked with FFSA as to how the player could have played in this age group the previous year and found that the player had not been registered by his previous club in the previous year (his name could not be found going over the lists) and therefore not only was he playing in the wrong age group (too old) but also playing as a non-registered player!!! So the FFSA can do checks and if Club Registrars are on top of it, they should pick up age / registration inconsistencies......and yes it is still up to the parents to self register their child, but can be verified through reg numbers etc etc. cheers Geoff9559

kings
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kings »

How can you check if a player is registered .

Zvezda
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Zvezda »

Any news regarding Croydon Kings supposed cheating??

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Kings Jesta »

What will the FFSA do for punishment next year if the "alignment of leagues" goes ahead. If junior teams always play in the same div as the seniors, will the FFSA have the power/balls to deduct points from the senior team if a junior team/s are caught deliberately breaking the rules? (as points won't really matter in juniors due to no promotion / relegation). Or will there be a financial fine?

If all penalties affect the first team in the short term (e.g. point deduction for that season), this could have, in the case of relegated due to lost points, a major impact on a lot of players at a club that had little or nothing to do with the incident of one particular age group.

To avoid finding out: get your house in order well before the season starts. If in doubt, play on the side of caution (push the player up to the next age group, check the rego yourself etc.).

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Zvezda wrote:Any news regarding Croydon Kings supposed cheating??
Looks like they didn't.
Time for some righteous indignation

Coach_Mulatinho
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Coach_Mulatinho »

Stitch This wrote:
Zvezda wrote:Any news regarding Croydon Kings supposed cheating??
Looks like they didn't.
According to some forum people they were all P licence drivers