unsporting behaviour

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

unsporting behaviour

Post by magnet »

The cup threw up a big mismatch (weaker JSL against strong JPL team). I have heard from a parent that the scoreline was 20+. The strong team decided to play the last ten minutes with no goalkeeper. The goalkeeper scored sparking wild celebrations. Is this really how we should be teaching the kids to act? Surely the coach needs to take some responsibility.

Celebrity Juice
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: unsporting behaviour

Post by Celebrity Juice »

magnet wrote:The cup threw up a big mismatch (weaker JSL against strong JPL team). I have heard from a parent that the scoreline was 20+. The strong team decided to play the last ten minutes with no goalkeeper. The goalkeeper scored sparking wild celebrations. Is this really how we should be teaching the kids to act? Surely the coach needs to take some responsibility.
I presume you mean the goalkeeper played as a "rush golakeeper" and came off his line as opposed to having no goalkeeper, which is in breach of the LOTG.
I'd smash Kelly Brook's back doors in.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Celebrity Juice wrote:
magnet wrote:The cup threw up a big mismatch (weaker JSL against strong JPL team). I have heard from a parent that the scoreline was 20+. The strong team decided to play the last ten minutes with no goalkeeper. The goalkeeper scored sparking wild celebrations. Is this really how we should be teaching the kids to act? Surely the coach needs to take some responsibility.
I presume you mean the goalkeeper played as a "rush golakeeper" and came off his line as opposed to having no goalkeeper, which is in breach of the LOTG.
Wasnt so much rush goalie, more standing as a striker with his goalkeeping top and gloves on.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Pretty ordinary in my opinion on that report. :roll:

charlieadelaide
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by charlieadelaide »

So many coaches out there have no idea about development, all games in juniors should be capped at 8, irrelevant what the score is, a win is a win, so it makes an even playing field, quite simple to tell the kids to pass back to keeper twice before attacking again, take off a striker and play with 10 men or play possession game only.........I have been on a receiving end of a goalkeeper going up for a corner whilst we were already 10 nil down, I would have not had a problem if someone took his place in goal, but they were attacking with 11 men, very un-sportsman like, plus teaches the kids nothing about football or respect.........get a grip coaches this is not about you and how good you are, no one will give a shiraz about you when you are not coaching again, but the kids you thrash will give the game up!!!!

Rehagel's Assistant
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Rehagel's Assistant »

Not good for either team, especially if you are on the wrong end of the stick.

Problem can be simply solved by having the first two rounds played by JSLs and then joined by the JPLs in round 3.

Yes, we all know there are some JSL teams who could beat some JPLs, those stronger JSLs would come through the 2nd round and be more competitive against a JPL side in round 3.......... instead of a top JPL side up against a weak JSL team. Just a recipe for disaster and if any JPL coach enjoyed their 20+ win today, have s good look in the mirror and get a life!

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

Where as we had 2 top JPL teams facing off in a round 1 clash..

5-4 or 4-3 after extra time I can't really remember ... I was just shocked at the quality of football on display for u/12s.

The opposition coach and I ( great friends outside of football ) just
Sat there for 10 mins after and wondered what we had just seen ..

Good luck to them in the next round , we will be on your side that's for sure .

Cup romance ... Lesson for today

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

JSL teams should either not enter the cup or have their own cup....simple
Last edited by AL K HOLIC on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rehagel's Assistant
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

ikon wrote:Where as we had 2 top JPL teams facing off in a round 1 clash..

5-4 or 4-3 after extra time I can't really remember ... I was just shocked at the quality of football on display for u/12s.

great spectacle today ike. I rather walk away from a game like today than play a one sided game. Kids are not stupid, they know if they have been pumped, or have done the pumping, they don't enjoy it and their football development is next to nothing. Take today's game and the kids have grown another level from the experience.

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Rehagel's Assistant wrote:
ikon wrote:Where as we had 2 top JPL teams facing off in a round 1 clash..

great spectacle today ike. I rather walk away from a game like today than play a one sided game. Kids are not stupid, they know if they have been pumped, or have done the pumping, they don't enjoy it and their football development is next to nothing. Take today's game and the kids have grown another level from the experience.
yes but listing it as 8 and not 12 or 20 makes them feel better :roll:

it's a sad day for the team but it is football and the aim is to score.

Abra1
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Abra1 »

Who won out of that game, ikon?

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

Cumberland u/12 beat Comets u/12

5-4

Cracking game.

Jett
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jett »

AL K HOLIC wrote:JSL teams should either not enter the cup or have their own cup....simple
JSL teams should not be in the cup..Then these pathetic results won't occur again.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

Jett wrote:
AL K HOLIC wrote:JSL teams should either not enter the cup or have their own cup....simple
JSL teams should not be in the cup..Then these pathetic results won't occur again.
Jett - wasnt just JSL teams .....look at the U13s one JPL beat another by 18:1 and another match was 16:0....I dont think you can make blanket statements when some JSL teams have quality players in them - the same club who's JPL won also had a JSL team which won their match.
I think we can agree that some clubs have a better ability to draw quality juniors to their ranks and they have depth which goes into their JSLs as well - so they should be allowed to play their JSL teams.
The question is how can the competition be designed to give good draws which makes for better matches, improves our junior players and strengthens South Australia as a soccer State and is competitive?
Very altruistic I know however there must be a better solution than banning JSLs from Cup games.......clubs would lose valued players, from JSL teams, and I guess we'd see a redistribution of players wishing to be in JPL teams somewhat along the lines of the recent State election................
cheers
Geoff9559

matty2323
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by matty2323 »

geoff9559 wrote:
Jett wrote:
Jett - wasnt just JSL teams .....look at the U13s one JPL beat another by 18:1 and another match was 16:0....I dont think you can make blanket statements when some JSL teams have quality players in them - the same club who's JPL won also had a JSL team which won their match.
I think we can agree that some clubs have a better ability to draw quality juniors to their ranks and they have depth which goes into their JSLs as well - so they should be allowed to play their JSL teams.
The question is how can the competition be designed to give good draws which makes for better matches, improves our junior players and strengthens South Australia as a soccer State and is competitive?
Very altruistic I know however there must be a better solution than banning JSLs from Cup games.......clubs would lose valued players, from JSL teams, and I guess we'd see a redistribution of players wishing to be in JPL teams somewhat along the lines of the recent State election................
cheers
Geoff9559
The simplest method is to run it like the FA cup. JSL teams in round 1. Rnd 2 see's JPL C Division added. Then Rnd 3 you add B Division teams and then by round 4 you'll have have "the best of the rest" added to the A division teams. Stop's "blowout" results but also allows the teams to compete above their current division...

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

all depends what they are trying to achieve with this cup?

if the idea is to mix it all up - then fine accept the big scorelines as part of development..

Rehagel's Assistant
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

ikon wrote:Cumberland u/12 beat Comets u/12

5-4

Cracking game.
highlights of the 2nd half of xtra time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNMk1tR70go

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

Bit embarrassing but the tension was high.. Thank you

Hetro Metro
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Hetro Metro »

Yes lack of judgement by young coach caught up in the game forgetting about Respect for opponent.

Should have swapped gk onto field in second half playing him in the 9. Should have set team task of sharing the ball for 10+ passes.

Still think JSL teams should be in Cup as potentially is a great learning experience for all. Even our coach has learnt something

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Hetro Metro wrote:
Yes lack of judgement by young coach caught up in the game forgetting about Respect for opponent.

Should have swapped gk onto field in second half playing him in the 9. Should have set team task of sharing the ball for 10+ passes.

Still think JSL teams should be in Cup as potentially is a great learning experience for all. Even our coach has learnt something
what did the team who got belted learn?

Black Hawk
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Black Hawk »

JSL teams getting "belted" can learn from their stronger opponents what standard of football can be achieved. You would hope the much stronger team behaves appropriately and shows respect.

Just like in this instance, if the Metrostars team played the State team for its age group, the learning is from seeing first hand what level of football and sportsmanship can be achieved.

EzyG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by EzyG »

Rehagel's Assistant wrote:
ikon wrote:Cumberland u/12 beat Comets u/12

5-4

Cracking game.
highlights of the 2nd half of xtra time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNMk1tR70go

Cracking game that's for sure.

Brutus32
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Brutus32 »

Under 13 Cup

Campbelltown City JSL 2 v Adelaide Blue Eagles JPL 2 AET

ABE won 4-2 on penalties, game in normal time could have gone either way.

One Of many JSL teams that deserved their spot in the last 16 after knocking out 2 fellow JSL teams comfortably in the first 2 Rounds. No rocket science here, just bring the top JPL teams into the comp in the later rounds.
Last edited by Brutus32 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rehagel's Assistant
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Brutus32 wrote:Under 13 Cup

Campbelltown City JSL 2 v Adelaide Blue Eagles JPL 2 AET

ABE won 4-2 on penalties, game in normal time could have gone either way.

One Of many JSL teams that deserved their spot in the last 16 after knocking out 2 fellow JSL teams comfortably in the first 2 Rounds. No rocket science here, just bring the top JPL teams into the comp in the later rounds.
JSLs for the preliminary round then have the top JSLs join the cup competition along with the JPLs in round 1. No brainer! Won't solve the problem but will go a long way avoiding a weak JSL v strong JPL match ups.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Coc&head parent today yells out that's karma when a under 8 played gets kicked in the ankle and starts crying, your a piece of Sh?t to stoop to that level. :twisted:

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

Who cares! It's not about win win win. Let the kids enjoy the game first, and hopefully a good coach will develop them. There should be plenty of encouragement.
You'll see in a few years, many if these kids will either drop out, because of pushy parents or terrible coaching. Or they'll leave the game on their own accord, and/or many won't even play 1st team locally. (Unless their fathers/mothers are involved in committees/coaching)
I see plenty of parents & coaches out there who have no idea, because most of the time it's about THEM & not the kids

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Ibelieve wrote:Who cares! It's not about win win win. Let the kids enjoy the game first, and hopefully a good coach will develop them. There should be plenty of encouragement.
You'll see in a few years, many if these kids will either drop out, because of pushy parents or terrible coaching. Or they'll leave the game on their own accord, and/or many won't even play 1st team locally. (Unless their fathers/mothers are involved in committees/coaching)
I see plenty of parents & coaches out there who have no idea, because most of the time it's about THEM & not the kids
Who said anything about winning? I couldn't give a toss about the result but I tell ya this fuc/wit of a parent needs to take a good hard look at him self
Last edited by Rookie on Sun May 11, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Rookie wrote:
Ibelieve wrote:Who cares! It's not about win win win. Let the kids enjoy the game first, and hopefully a good coach will develop them. There should be plenty of encouragement.
Who said anything about winning? I couldn't give a toss about the result but I tell ya this fuc/wit of a parent needs to take a good hard look at him self
Using language like you are on a "juniors" forum is pretty ordinary as the well... :roll:

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Fair point. I just let the emotion of it get to me coz I really couldn't believe what I heard.!!apologise for crude remarks

hurlcrook
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by hurlcrook »

Rookie wrote:Coc&head parent today yells out that's karma when a under 8 played gets kicked in the ankle and starts crying, your a piece of Sh?t to stoop to that level. :twisted:
Did the one who did the kicking get himself kicked earlier?
Was this ssf of e and d?