So my phone was stolen today...

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

agentofjustice
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

So my phone was stolen today...

Post by agentofjustice »

I was at Raiders reffing three games today (06/04). Left my bag in the referee's change room for the final game. Had my phone at half time of the U16A JPL Raiders VS White City. Once I finished the game I came back in and noticed the light was off. Didn't really think much of it before I realised my phone was missing. Went through my bag a million times and checked the room. Reported it to the club and they tried ringing it. It had been turned off so it has definitely been stolen. Also I noticed someone had been to the toilet and hadn't flushed. My guess is someone came in looking for a toilet and left with a free phone. I let FFSA know as well, but of course there is nothing they can do. I guess I learn't my lesson, never leave your valuables unattended. If anyone comes across any information about it or knows something, please let me know. Cheers.

For your information, it was a blue 16GB iPhone 5C.

Shelby
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: So my phone was stolen today...

Post by Shelby »

agentofjustice wrote:I was at Raiders reffing three games today (06/04). Left my bag in the referee's change room for the final game. Had my phone at half time of the U16A JPL Raiders VS White City. Once I finished the game I came back in and noticed the light was off. Didn't really think much of it before I realised my phone was missing. Went through my bag a million times and checked the room. Reported it to the club and they tried ringing it. It had been turned off so it has definitely been stolen. Also I noticed someone had been to the toilet and hadn't flushed. My guess is someone came in looking for a toilet and left with a free phone. I let FFSA know as well, but of course there is nothing they can do. I guess I learn't my lesson, never leave your valuables unattended. If anyone comes across any information about it or knows something, please let me know. Cheers.

Sorry to hear about your stolen Phone. We were one of the teams you umpired today and I can tell you that at half time we went back to the change rooms to find some other team in there whilst all our gear was there.
At the end of the game we go back again to find others in there again, seriously what the hell is going on???

Really really poor by the Raiders.

Other teams have no right to be in those change rooms whilst they are in use.

Raiders really need to police this and not allow this to happen, if the change rooms are being used others need to keep out.

If the Raiders are not prepared to enforce this then they should accept they will be responsible for what goes missing.

Arturo Ui
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Arturo Ui »

Shelby wrote:Raiders really need to police this and not allow this to happen, if the change rooms are being used others need to keep out.

If the Raiders are not prepared to enforce this then they should accept they will be responsible for what goes missing.
Can happen anywhere.

I know at our club for our seniors and reserves at least - all valuables are in the care of the team manager during a match - home and away.

Simples!
Beware of satirical imitations

matty2323
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by matty2323 »

Shelby wrote:
agentofjustice wrote:I was at Raiders reffing three games today (06/04). Left my bag in the referee's change room for the final game. Had my phone at half time of the U16A JPL Raiders VS White City. Once I finished the game I came back in and noticed the light was off. Didn't really think much of it before I realised my phone was missing. Went through my bag a million times and checked the room. Reported it to the club and they tried ringing it. It had been turned off so it has definitely been stolen. Also I noticed someone had been to the toilet and hadn't flushed. My guess is someone came in looking for a toilet and left with a free phone. I let FFSA know as well, but of course there is nothing they can do. I guess I learn't my lesson, never leave your valuables unattended. If anyone comes across any information about it or knows something, please let me know. Cheers.

Sorry to hear about your stolen Phone. We were one of the teams you umpired today and I can tell you that at half time we went back to the change rooms to find some other team in there whilst all our gear was there.
At the end of the game we go back again to find others in there again, seriously what the hell is going on???

Raiders really need to police this and not allow this to happen, if the change rooms are being used others need to keep out.

Off topic, but surely in junior football you utilize the change rooms pre-game to get changed into your playing kit.. and then take your bags out to the sideline to allow other teams to use it? Every other team playing at the ground are also an "away team" and have the right to utilizing the change rooms...

GiancarloRed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by GiancarloRed »

Don't think you can blame Raiders or any club to take care of the gear of visiting junior teams, they need to manage that themselves, and appreciate that change-rooms are a shared resource. Bad luck agentofjustice, it is not really practical for clubs to have security on ref change rooms, one would think members of the public would use a public toilet and not need those in change rooms, hope you get your phone back :-)

jimmy2014
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by jimmy2014 »

Clubs should provide a key to the Ref up front instead of stuffing them around.
If the ref takes the key, club advises FFSA who dock the ref $250, which is returned to the club for fitment of a replacement lock and spare keys.
It's the ref's room FFS.

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

Shelby wrote:

You are kidding surely?
Take all possessions out of the change rooms once they have changed, even if playing at home!
They should never be used for personal storage.

The refs do deserve some sought of lockable storage though.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

Not the first time this has happened at raiders. I wouldn't like them catching the culprit either. They wouldn't call the cops, they'll deal with it their way :)

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Filikis Eterias »

Don't leave valuables in changerooms. Clubs can't be held responsible in these circumstances.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS
EXO H TURKOI APO TIN KYPRO