ADELAIDE COMETS JUNIORS

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

finnidi george
Apprentice
Apprentice

ADELAIDE COMETS JUNIORS

Post by finnidi george »

My son has been with the Comets for a few years now and he has made alot of friends there. I am very disappointed with the
club's decision to increase training to three times a week next year. I feel this is to much for a ten year old.

GiancarloRed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: ADELAIDE COMETS JUNIORS

Post by GiancarloRed »

I think the extended training at Comets shows the club is serious about developing players and has committed coaches. I imagine your son like most kids may well be able to handle even enjoy 3 nights a week training and at under 10 level there is more leeway given than in higher age groups. A lot will depend on how dedicated you and your son are.

Omonia40
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Omonia40 »

Finnidi, twice a week is plenty for kids of that age... you dont want them to burn out.

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

id ask what the 3rd session is all about .......

and im sure its not compulsory

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

kids burn out after 3 training sessions per week???? gggeeee we better contact all the professional academies around the world that training everyday is going to kill their development.... i am sure real madrid, barca and ajax are all going to agree with you.

please tell your kids that playing at lunch time every single day is going to burn them out, they are better of sitting in the library....

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

rossonero wrote:kids burn out after 3 training sessions per week???? gggeeee we better contact all the professional academies around the world that training everyday is going to kill their development.... i am sure real madrid, barca and ajax are all going to agree with you.

please tell your kids that playing at lunch time every single day is going to burn them out, they are better of sitting in the library....
I don't know whether you are right or wrong as far as what is the ideal number of training nights per week, but I would suggest RM, Barca & Ajax kids are at a slightly higher level and have greater expectations than most kids locally. Playing unstructured football at lunchtime is different to attending a compulsory training session.
If the 3rd night was unpopular amongst the majority maybe the club could offer a non-compulsory Academy night open to all kids from all age groups.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

GiancarloRed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by GiancarloRed »

It all depends on the session design, length and kids involved, there is no hard and fast rule but obviously one or two parents on here believe they know better, as you find on matchdays. Smarter coaches at that level also incorporate fun stuff in sessions rather than work young kids with limited attention spans too rigorously. Imagine a lot of the training consists of guided small sided games that kids love to play - certainly that was the case when my son was U10. Kids will not usually complain about 3 or 2 nights training but the main problem is parents unwilling to take them.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Parents can make whatever decisions they like for their kids, but choosing to involve them 1 extra night per week in sport or having 1 extra night sitting at home infront of the tv, I know what I would choose

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

GiancarloRed wrote:It all depends on the session design, length and kids involved, there is no hard and fast rule but obviously one or two parents on here believe they know better, as you find on matchdays. Smarter coaches at that level also incorporate fun stuff in sessions rather than work young kids with limited attention spans too rigorously. Imagine a lot of the training consists of guided small sided games that kids love to play - certainly that was the case when my son was U10. Kids will not usually complain about 3 or 2 nights training but the main problem is parents unwilling to take them.
True, but I would choose a coach who could provide 2 quality sessions a week over a coach who could give 3 'garbage' sessions.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

GiancarloRed wrote:It all depends on the session design, length and kids involved, there is no hard and fast rule but obviously one or two parents on here believe they know better, as you find on matchdays. Smarter coaches at that level also incorporate fun stuff in sessions rather than work young kids with limited attention spans too rigorously. Imagine a lot of the training consists of guided small sided games that kids love to play - certainly that was the case when my son was U10. Kids will not usually complain about 3 or 2 nights training but the main problem is parents unwilling to take them.
Very true and well put as usual GiancarloRed ... I witnessed the difference in a junior (U13) team from your club that having been comfortably beaten and completely out played by our club first round went on to start training four nights a week and though they didn't win the game on the return fixture were a lot better performing and drilled team

D-Pan
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by D-Pan »

finnidi george wrote:My son has been with the Comets for a few years now and he has made alot of friends there. I am very disappointed with the
club's decision to increase training to three times a week next year. I feel this is to much for a ten year old.
I hope you have spoken to the following coaches at the club, instead of just writing on here! I am not 100% sure how the U10's go about it, but watching and being around the previous U10 coaches I have seen significant development from our young kids! Surely the 3rd training session is not compulsory but most kids love having a kick with their mates, so I don't see the harm of it!

Football Focus
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Football Focus »

Personally I am all for it, the extra development would be good for them. If you don't like it, don't do the third session.

Black Hawk
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Black Hawk »

Lazy parent(s)? Probably prefer their kids to be up in there room playing FIFA on Xbox than running around outside

bin389
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bin389 »

Seriously? People complaining about clubs wanting to spend more time with their kids?

In Japan kids train morning (before school) and afternoon 5 days a week!!!! fmd