Under 17 Cup Final

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

EdenHazard14
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Under 17 Cup Final

Post by EdenHazard14 »

Thoughts on the game and young talent?

juvefever
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Under 17 Cup Final

Post by juvefever »

obviously not :lol: :lol: :lol:

twm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by twm »

EdenHazard14 wrote:Thoughts on the game and young talent?
i didnt see the game but no doubt you were the stand out player on the day :roll:

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

i saw plenty talented 16-17 yr olds playing on the saturday in the reserves and first team final, didnt see any standouts in the 17s

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

rossonero wrote:i saw plenty talented 16-17 yr olds playing on the saturday in the reserves and first team final, didnt see any standouts in the 17s
Which 16-17yo's playing First team at AC or WC ?
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Which 16-17yo's playing First team at AC or WC ?[/quote]

out of all people on the forum you took my comment seriously :lol:
i dont think adelaide city had any 16-17 yr olds but white city's left back is still 16...

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Why shouldn't have I taken it seriously ? .... or are you back peddling now
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

No not back peddling...

WHite City had their left back that is 16 yrs old and i thought played pretty well...they also had another 2 16yr olds on the bench.
adelaide city had a reserve goal keeper who is 16 but not sure of any other youngsters.

in the reserves final there were a few young players that also stood out more than any other player in the 17s final.

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

The 17 league is just a way to get the last drip of funds from a player. Let's be honest, all future senior players should be going from 16s to 18s, if you are hanging around in 17 teams and you are of age, it will be your last year at that club.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

The moyesiah wrote:The 17 league is just a way to get the last drip of funds from a player. Let's be honest, all future senior players should be going from 16s to 18s, if you are hanging around in 17 teams and you are of age, it will be your last year at that club.
Wrong!

Most of our 17's players have had training sessions and game time with the 18's. Two have move up permanently, and 3 or 4 others are almost there.

Sometimes players aren't quite ready to play at the highest level, they may need a bit more training and time.

The U17's have been indispensable for our club this year. They've worked hard, trained hard and deserve recognition.

We hope there is another U17 league for Season 2014.

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

the moyesiah , that's a little rough , I see some very good players in 17s league , enfield , blue eagles , para hills , Croydon ,. just because they are playing 17s , by no way means that's your last year . and I believe they will be some playing in 18s next season . , but time will tell .

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

corona wrote:the moyesiah , that's a little rough , I see some very good players in 17s league , enfield , blue eagles , para hills , Croydon ,. just because they are playing 17s , by no way means that's your last year . and I believe they will be some playing in 18s next season . , but time will tell .
Enfield is not a good example considering they were not allowed to move until Jeff was moved. I'm sure there is the odd player, but the higher % would go from 16s to 18s, and the higher % of 17s would be in their last year, and I did say 17 age, not 15s/16s playing in 17s.