Team Withdrawal - U17A JPL‏

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

mike17
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Team Withdrawal - U17A JPL‏

Post by mike17 »

de niro wrote:
mike17 wrote:ive heard lack of players, its interesting because some teams like my son's have beaten them 7,8,9 nil

but some teams havnt played them and will get a 3-0 instead. hehe unlucky
In my opinion if a team drops out during the season then all their results should be annulled, making it a retrospective Bye. Anything else compromises the integrity of the competition. No one can complain about the impact of their 'result' against the withdrawn team if everyone gets a 'no result'.

I agree with you mate

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

before we all say its this or that , I believe west adel had good reason to pull the pin . and for us outside of the club , we don't know the real reason and can say what we want , but its not easy for any club to pull a team out and west adel would have tried all avenues to keep them in . I feel for the lads that gave there commitment week after week . then need to ask there team mates the question maybe .

John Taylor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by John Taylor »

corona wrote:before we all say its this or that , I believe west adel had good reason to pull the pin . and for us outside of the club , we don't know the real reason and can say what we want , but its not easy for any club to pull a team out and west adel would have tried all avenues to keep them in . I feel for the lads that gave there commitment week after week . then need to ask there team mates the question maybe .
+1

FK Partizan
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by FK Partizan »

corona wrote:before we all say its this or that , I believe west adel had good reason to pull the pin . and for us outside of the club , we don't know the real reason and can say what we want , but its not easy for any club to pull a team out and west adel would have tried all avenues to keep them in . I feel for the lads that gave there commitment week after week . then need to ask there team mates the question maybe .

++1
"At last England have appointed a manager who speaks English better than the players" - On the appointment of Sven-Goran Eriksson.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

I understand that it is a fair way out but there are several spots at Modbury Vista Soccer Club. I as a junior used to travel 45 mins to get to training and games and can imagine that some of these kids are the same (three lads in my team travel from Prospect to Modbury twice a week). If any of the kids that are now without a team would like to finish off the year playing regular football please pm me.........
HA'WAY THE LADS

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

p.s. racist or not, there is no real need for demographics and cultural backgrounds to be thrown into the mix in this forum........ take it else where.
HA'WAY THE LADS

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

how many from the under 17s are playing regularly in the 18s?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

develop
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by develop »

Do not think this has been brought up as a topic this season but, how much do you think the change from an Under 19 league to an Under 18 league has had a bearing on the bad news from West Adelaide.

At my club two under 16s played up in the Under 19s last season and this year play Under17s.

So many under 16s and under 17s are playing up in the Under 18s it has been hard for clubs/coaches to field competitive teams each week. Don't think so many under 16s would play Under 19s.

Shame on FFSA for the WA under 17s with no where to go. What about all the under 19s not good enough for the reserves/seniors.

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

develop wrote:Do not think this has been brought up as a topic this season but, how much do you think the change from an Under 19 league to an Under 18 league has had a bearing on the bad news from West Adelaide.

At my club two under 16s played up in the Under 19s last season and this year play Under17s.

So many under 16s and under 17s are playing up in the Under 18s it has been hard for clubs/coaches to field competitive teams each week. Don't think so many under 16s would play Under 19s.

Shame on FFSA for the WA under 17s with no where to go. What about all the under 19s not good enough for the reserves/seniors.

Ditto, shame on FFSA also for allowing clubs to play their senior matches on a Sunday, as this too has had a bearing on clubs being able to fill teams in both juniors and under 18s on the same day. Under 18s kick off at 11am and with injuries and illnesses of players and having to call on players from u16s and 15s to fill in, but who also play on a Sunday morning, they quickly run out of options as it has a knock on affect down through all the age groups.

thewabster
Star Player
Star Player

Post by thewabster »

My understanding is that 5 players who came to the club as a group in the under 16s , left as a group one night, leavng a massive hole.

Some under 17s dropped down to ensure the club maintains an under 16 team and some went to 18s and in one case, the reserve team.

Some just left and it is my understanding all these players without a spot will be be refunded their fees.

When a block of 5 players (or more) leave a team that probably didnt have a squad of 15 start with, then the club has to make a call.

And the call was made.

grumbly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by grumbly »

It's a shame, knocked us out of the cup, so I know the lads were looking forward to a rematch.
But I do agree with a previous post, all their results should be removed to make it fair on those that have not played them in the league yet.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

Good on WA for refunding their fees
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

redfred wrote:Good on WA for refunding their fees for a change
Ignore this signature

Major Tom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Major Tom »

develop wrote:Do not think this has been brought up as a topic this season but, how much do you think the change from an Under 19 league to an Under 18 league has had a bearing on the bad news from West Adelaide.

You understand the National Curriculum I take it?

You understand that U17s was an option for all clubs this season? No one forced WA to field and U17 team.
Put your ray gun to my head

Major Tom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Major Tom »

themessenger wrote:Ditto, shame on FFSA also for allowing clubs to play their senior matches on a Sunday..
How many Senior games have been held on a Sunday this year?

Which team has held the most a games on a Sunday?
Put your ray gun to my head

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

mike17 wrote:
de niro wrote:
mike17 wrote:ive heard lack of players, its interesting because some teams like my son's have beaten them 7,8,9 nil

but some teams havnt played them and will get a 3-0 instead. hehe unlucky
In my opinion if a team drops out during the season then all their results should be annulled, making it a retrospective Bye. Anything else compromises the integrity of the competition. No one can complain about the impact of their 'result' against the withdrawn team if everyone gets a 'no result'.

I agree with you mate
or everyone gets the 3-0, either or, but remember it's not about points and leagues :)

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

everyone goes on and on about development, even WA, yet given a chance to show it and WA would rather pull a side. Why not send up your U15 side to U16 (they have won the last two leagues and look set to win again, are they being challenged?). You could then send your U15 JSL side to U15JPL (removing the bye in that JSL league and not affecting a JPL league) you can then send your U16 side to U17 and everyone is getting development.

hemishovel
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by hemishovel »

The moyesiah wrote:everyone goes on and on about development, even WA, yet given a chance to show it and WA would rather pull a side. Why not send up your U15 side to U16 (they have won the last two leagues and look set to win again, are they being challenged?). You could then send your U15 JSL side to U15JPL (removing the bye in that JSL league and not affecting a JPL league) you can then send your U16 side to U17 and everyone is getting development.
+1

aufc_123
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by aufc_123 »

The moyesiah wrote:everyone goes on and on about development, even WA, yet given a chance to show it and WA would rather pull a side. Why not send up your U15 side to U16 (they have won the last two leagues and look set to win again, are they being challenged?). You could then send your U15 JSL side to U15JPL (removing the bye in that JSL league and not affecting a JPL league) you can then send your U16 side to U17 and everyone is getting development.
In theory it's great, but you try telling that to 50 or so parents and watch the complaints come in. "Why is my sons team who is first on the table now mid table etc". Implementing your idea is more hassle then it would be worth, it's an unfortunate situation and I think the club limited the damage done as best as they could.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

aufc_123 wrote:
In theory it's great, but you try telling that to 50 or so parents and watch the complaints come in. "Why is my sons team who is first on the table now mid table etc". Implementing your idea is more hassle then it would be worth, it's an unfortunate situation and I think the club limited the damage done as best as they could.
"Because your child has been moved up a division to help with his/her development."

If as a club WA don't have the confidence in their side that is clearly good enough to step up and the parents the same........ Poor coaching, management and parenting IMO
HA'WAY THE LADS

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

imagine the parents and kids of the JSL team getting their shot, not to mention the kudos the club would have gotten giving these kids a chance, or at least trying to, I'm sure the FFSA would rather have lost a JSL team than a JPL team.

But it's not about development it's about the parents of the u15 team who may not win, good development process down there at park27, if you lose we just scrap the team, maybe not, but that's the sign most see.