NO CARD ID THIS YEAR

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

RIDER
Apprentice
Apprentice

NO CARD ID THIS YEAR

Post by RIDER »

I hope the junior federation will read this.

yesterday was the biggest fck joke I have ever witnessed because of no card id this year
the teams can play whoever they fck like and we cant prove it well done.
you would think that after what happened last year with teams getting suspended from finals because of
overaged players playing in jounger groups the junior federation deciceds to get rid of card id well done once again.

if anyone from the junior federation has got the balls to message me and explain before acting like idiots and delete this post,
is this based on trust now get your act together. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: NO CARD ID THIS YEAR

Post by rossonero »

what age group are you referring to???

Four-3-3
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Four-3-3 »

It's hard to believe we are in Australia! We should not need cards.
Clubs and a lot of coaches need to start playing and developing the team they have and not loading for a better spot on the league ladder. Too many coaches are in it for their own glory. It has all been a topic before ..........

give us a break
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by give us a break »

There's hardly any info to back up this claim - just a very angry punter.
Sir, I may not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to be a complete fool. - Voltaire

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

RIDER wrote:I hope the junior federation will read this.

yesterday was the biggest fck joke I have ever witnessed because of no card id this year
you would think that after what happened last year with teams getting suspended from finals because of
overaged players playing in jounger groups the junior federation deciceds to get rid of card id well done once again.

if anyone from the junior federation has got the balls to message me and explain before acting like idiots and delete this post,
is this based on trust now get your act together. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:? Why not email this to the FFSA instead of putting it on here if you want an answer from them??? Strange.

lion66
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by lion66 »

He must be referring to the Croydon 16's v ABE 16's. Pretty sure they where all eligible to play. Goalie was happy that someone thought he was 17's goalie as he has just turned 16!

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

Steve#4 wrote:

:? Why not email this to the FFSA instead of putting it on here if you want an answer from them??? Strange.

Why bother? Seriously, what will that achieve?

The FFSA, as they have proven so many times in the past, are answerable to no one.

Clearly the FFSA has not learned from the shambolic experiences of past league matches, JPL cup finals, MU cup semi finals etc etc, when time and time again overaged or ineligible players get on the park when they have no right to be there.

When the player ID cards were introduced a few years ago it was because the clubs asked for them. It was the only way to ensure a level playing field between teams.

So what's changed this year?

Nothing, except expediency from the FFSA's perspective. Makes their job a hell of a lot easier not having to arrange photo id cards for every junior player in the FFSA competition doesn't it?

Another demonstration of the FFSA saving money and providing a service THEY want to provide instead of the service that clubs have every right to expect.

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

themessenger wrote:
Steve#4 wrote:

Why bother? Seriously, what will that achieve?

The FFSA, as they have proven so many times in the past, are answerable to no one.

Clearly the FFSA has not learned from the shambolic experiences of past league matches, JPL cup finals, MU cup semi finals etc etc, when time and time again overaged or ineligible players get on the park when they have no right to be there.

When the player ID cards were introduced a few years ago it was because the clubs asked for them. It was the only way to ensure a level playing field between teams.

So what's changed this year?

Nothing, except expediency from the FFSA's perspective. Makes their job a hell of a lot easier not having to arrange photo id cards for every junior player in the FFSA competition doesn't it?

Another demonstration of the FFSA saving money and providing a service THEY want to provide instead of the service that clubs have every right to expect.
Every player still got cards, why not add the picture to the new bank card style cards we have now. Why not have a safety net, if a club / team chooses to not request the check so be it, but why not have them just to be safe, why is it so hard?

Ciudad Juarez
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ciudad Juarez »

themessenger wrote: Another demonstration of the FFSA saving money and providing a service THEY want to provide instead of the service that clubs have every right to expect.
+1

i heard next year one club from each league will be creating the season fixtures.. ie Modbury might have to do the fixtures for JPL 16A, by January 10, send it to FFSA and they will publish it online 3 days before round 1 kicks off.
Formerly known as El Paso del Norte

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

If they just followed the seniors (like many clubs have requested) there would only be two fixtures to do - NPL / STATE.
There will be no promotion or relegation for juniors (unless your seniors are)

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

The moyesiah wrote:If they just followed the seniors (like many clubs have requested) there would only be two fixtures to do - NPL / STATE.
Not sure if this is what you mean, but how do you see this working in juniors?

Not all clubs field teams in every age group - however some clubs field both a JPL and a JSL team in certain age groups.eg club 'A' has no under 17s team, but the opposition club 'B' does - which team would club B's under 17s team play?

So if all junior teams followed their seniors each match day then it could only work if all clubs had the same number of junior teams playing in each age group.

Also how would you play all junior matches v the same club on a Sunday from Under 12s upwards. There would probably not be enough pitch space.

and finally, what about clubs like Fulham and others who do not have Senior teams playing in the FFSA comp. There juniors would be unable to play.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

themessenger wrote:
The moyesiah wrote:If they just followed the seniors (like many clubs have requested) there would only be two fixtures to do - NPL / STATE.

Not all clubs field teams in every age group - however some clubs field both a JPL and a JSL team in certain age groups.eg club 'A' has no under 17s team, but the opposition club 'B' does - which team would club B's under 17s team play?

So if all junior teams followed their seniors each match day then it could only work if all clubs had the same number of junior teams playing in each age group.

Also how would you play all junior matches v the same club on a Sunday from Under 12s upwards. There would probably not be enough pitch space.

and finally, what about clubs like Fulham and others who do not have Senior teams playing in the FFSA comp. There juniors would be unable to play.
Next year the only age groups that clubs 'must' have are - U12, U14 and U16. All other age groups will be 'optional', and most likely phased out (unless another set of rules come in, which wouldn't surprise me).

The above will see that all clubs have the required age groups for the new system being implemented.

Clubs that do not meet the compulsory recommendations will be relegated; junior and seniors.

The moyesiah might be onto something.

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

johnydep wrote:
themessenger wrote:

Next year the only age groups that clubs 'must' have are - U12, U14 and U16. All other age groups will be 'optional', and most likely phased out (unless another set of rules come in, which wouldn't surprise me).

The above will see that all clubs have the required age groups for the new system being implemented.

Clubs that do not meet the compulsory recommendations will be relegated; junior and seniors.

The moyesiah might be onto something.

Highly unlikely the FFSA will phase out any junior teams, firstly they can't afford to lose the revenue stream each of those teams generates, and secondly and more importantly, they are the peak body for football in this state and are charged with growing the game and increasing participation rates.

If they cannot demonstrate there is an increased demand to play football, they have no leveraging power with the Federal and State governments for grants and other funding and subsidies to support the sport.

Every week there is a story in the media about demands for sport that cannot be met (not enough facilities, not enough resources, too expensive for parents etc), so I don't think it likely the FFSA would willingly cut teams from its junior competition/s.

RIDER
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by RIDER »

Steve#4 wrote:

emailing this to the federation is a complete waste of time they never will admit they wrong ive tried in the past and it gets us nowhere.

RIDER
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by RIDER »

Four-3-3 wrote:It's hard to believe we are in Australia! We should not need cards.
Clubs and a lot of coaches need to start playing and developing the team they have and not loading for a better spot on the league ladder. Too many coaches are in it for their own glory. It has all been a topic before ..........
all I want is for my team to develop and learn and produce players winning is not my agenda all the time
if iam short on players I will bring players up not down so the boys who come up can get some good experience.
on sunday I could not believe what I saw.if a club or coach is that desperate in winning well they should reconsider what they are their for.
no wonder this sort of clubs will never play their juniors at senior level.

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

themessenger wrote:

Not all clubs field teams in every age group - It's compulsory in NPL - however some clubs field both a JPL and a JSL team in certain age groups - screw the JSL we want these kids at JPL clubs that don't have JPL teams .eg club 'A' has no under 17s team, but the opposition club 'B' does - which team would club B's under 17s team play? - U17 is a bad example because we don't even know if we have 17s in 2014, and if we go back to the first point, all NPL teams are required to have all junior teams.

So if all junior teams followed their seniors each match day then it could only work if all clubs had the same number of junior teams playing in each age group- they are required to in NPL.

Also how would you play all junior matches v the same club on a Sunday from Under 12s upwards. There would probably not be enough pitch space. - All NPL teams should have 2 pitches u12845-u131030-u14845-u151030-u161230 17s3pm - if the club doesn't have two pitches (which should be a requirement of all clubs) u12845-u131030-u1412-u15130-u163pm 17s who cares, work it out if they have any. Clubs could plan and make a lot more money if this was the case.

and finally, what about clubs like Fulham and others who do not have Senior teams playing in the FFSA comp. There juniors would be unable to play. - so join E&D the teams are prob better than the avg JSL sides you're playing or join the FEDS they have options.

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

The moyesiah wrote:
themessenger wrote:

Not all clubs field teams in every age group - It's compulsory in NPL - however some clubs field both a JPL and a JSL team in certain age groups - screw the JSL we want these kids at JPL clubs that don't have JPL teams .eg club 'A' has no under 17s team, but the opposition club 'B' does - which team would club B's under 17s team play? - U17 is a bad example because we don't even know if we have 17s in 2014, and if we go back to the first point, all NPL teams are required to have all junior teams.

So if all junior teams followed their seniors each match day then it could only work if all clubs had the same number of junior teams playing in each age group- they are required to in NPL.

Also how would you play all junior matches v the same club on a Sunday from Under 12s upwards. There would probably not be enough pitch space. - All NPL teams should have 2 pitches u12845-u131030-u14845-u151030-u161230 17s3pm - if the club doesn't have two pitches (which should be a requirement of all clubs) u12845-u131030-u1412-u15130-u163pm 17s who cares, work it out if they have any. Clubs could plan and make a lot more money if this was the case.

and finally, what about clubs like Fulham and others who do not have Senior teams playing in the FFSA comp. There juniors would be unable to play. - so join E&D the teams are prob better than the avg JSL sides you're playing or join the FEDS they have options.
Is it not a requirement for clubs to also have SSF teams? And with all these junior matches taking place on a Sunday on 2 pitches, when and where do the club's SSF teams play?

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

Most clubs already have small pitches which don't affect full sizes, I rarely see SSF being played on main pitches, if at all.

Keren
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Keren »

all I want is for my team to develop and learn and produce players winning is not my agenda all the time
if iam short on players I will bring players up not down so the boys who come up can get some good experience.
on sunday I could not believe what I saw.if a club or coach is that desperate in winning well they should reconsider what they are their for.

It sounds to me like a case of a development purist becoming unstable when their team looses to a better team.

In fact, if you are true to your ideals, then you should be happy that the opposition fielded a strong team for your team to be challenged by.

Keren
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Keren »

It sounds to me like a case of a development purist becoming unstable when their team looses to a better team.

In fact, if you are true to your ideals, then you should be happy that the opposition fielded a strong team for your team to be challenged by.

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

The moyesiah wrote:Most clubs already have small pitches which don't affect full sizes, I rarely see SSF being played on main pitches, if at all.

our club has 3 pitches for its junior teams, and yes the SSF can play on half a pitch providing there are no other junior matches being played at the same time. But for clubs that have a team (and even multiple teams) in every age group from U6s to Under 17s it will be very difficult to schedule all those matches to be played between 8.45pm and 1.00pm on the same Sunday morning.