Junior Cup Finals 26/8

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Junior Cup Finals 26/8

Post by johnydep »

Major Tom wrote:
footballdad wrote:I cannot find the thread about the disqualifications of the two under 17 teams from the cup final. Excuse my bad if it is still going. Does anyone know the final washup particularly at Metro?
Thread deleted.
Looks like it.

I hope that the Metro Stars committee issue a statement to their members, at least with a recommendation that they stop blaming other clubs and their teams.

At the moment the parents of players at the club are making unfounded remarks about other teams, degrading other clubs and their players. This is starting to take it's toll on all the hard work that Metro Stars committee has done over the years.

Remember - win or lose, the kids did their best. Congratulate them all.

Well done to all involved in the Cup rounds.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

footballdad wrote:I cannot find the thread about the disqualifications of the two under 17 teams from the cup final. Excuse my bad if it is still going. Does anyone know the final washup particularly at Metro?
U17 - Metro Stars and Adelaide Blue Eagles were disqualified for not understanding the FFSA Cup rules, and inadvertently playing ineligable players.

Para Hills and Adelaide City were promoted into the finals, having lost to the disqualified teams in the Semi-finals.

Para Hills vs Adelaide City, with Para Hill winning yesterday.

Well done to all clubs, players and the FFSA.

Bluechook
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Bluechook »

johnydep wrote:
Major Tom wrote:
Thread deleted.
Looks like it.

I hope that the Metro Stars committee issue a statement to their members, at least with a recommendation that they stop blaming other clubs and their teams.

At the moment the parents of players at the club are making unfounded remarks about other teams, degrading other clubs and their players. This is starting to take it's toll on all the hard work that Metro Stars committee has done over the years.

Remember - win or lose, the kids did their best. Congratulate them all.

Well done to all involved in the Cup rounds.
I'm not sure what you on about Metro people making remarks, and degrading other Clubs.
What I'm sure about though, is that everyone at the Club is thouroghly embarrassed and mortified by what happened.
I'm sure the Club has already taken action and will do what's necessary to avoid a repeat.
This is probably to lowest point in the Club History, and an incident that overshadowed the wonderful achievement last saturday.
I would not wish it to any opposing Club Member, to ever feel the way I, and I know a lot of other members and players feel now.

footballdad
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by footballdad »

I am aware of some of the content of the previous thread.

If the content of the thread was incorrect, I understand why it was deleted.

If the content of the thread was correct, why was it deleted?

Will a statement be published which outlines the facts, including the number of adults involved (or not involved), and the subsequent outcomes?

sulmona
Star Player
Star Player

Post by sulmona »

footballdad wrote:I am aware of some of the content of the previous thread.

If the content of the thread was incorrect, I understand why it was deleted.

If the content of the thread was correct, why was it deleted?

Will a statement be published which outlines the facts, including the number of adults involved (or not involved), and the subsequent outcomes?
You will find that accusations of cheating have been made against many Clubs since the inception of Football News.
If I recall correctly,whenever the abuse gets too much, the topic gets deleted.
Quite sure that was the case 3 or 4 years ago, when an incident between a couple of junior coaches from opposing Clubs, risked getting out of hand, as well as accusations of Clubs dropping players to lower age groups

tryhard
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by tryhard »

Everyone should let it go and let Metro's deal with it.

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gazza »

tryhard wrote:Everyone should let it go and let Metro's deal with it.
That would be far too logic for people and clubs with an axe to grind :wink:

Jtack
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Jtack »

I took my son out to watch the Under 15's game as he wants to play next year. He watched those North Eastern Metrostars players, play with spirit, energy and pride, they kept their heads held high and played with dignity, win or lose they should be very proud, am looking forward to know of their trial dates for my son for 2013!

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gazza »

Jtack wrote:I took my son out to watch the Under 15's game as he wants to play next year. He watched those North Eastern Metrostars players, play with spirit, energy and pride, they kept their heads held high and played with dignity, win or lose they should be very proud, am looking forward to know of their trial dates for my son for 2013!
Mate, bad move to post your first one on this topic.
Be strong, you're going to cop it. :wink:

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

gazza wrote:
I'll try and make this my last post in the subject of the MetroStars incident.

Most of what brings people back to this subject is Metro people making derogatory comments about other clubs. Whoever deleted the previous thread removed any evidence of it, but most of the comments came from Metro parents sticking the boot into Adelaide City and Para Hills; not deserved, etc. They also said that things like 'it's not the kids fault, the ffsa should turn a blind eye' or there about; this shows no respect for the other teams that played by the rules.

Now we have people posting on here:
AC v PH U17 - "Rumour has it that the winners were handed bronze medals, while the losers received nothing?"

Comments like this were being bandied around yesterday at Hindmarsh all day.

Now there are people trying to belittle an U15 team because their team lost, saying things like: "Despite being runners up were the first to extend their hand to their winning opponents..." A play on words that does not mention which team shook hands first before the game, and which team was called out to receive their medals first and then went and shook hands.

Please leave it alone.

bandito
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bandito »

Whoever you are, no-one is belittleing any other team. The fact that we are proud of the Under 15's in the way they conducted themselves yesterday and that it has been mentioned has no bearing on what any other team does, says or acts. I think people sometimes need to read what is read and not read anything into it. I would have posted these comments win or loose so don't be so touchy!!!

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gazza »

johnydep wrote:
gazza wrote:
I'll try and make this my last post in the subject of the MetroStars incident.

Most of what brings people back to this subject is Metro people making derogatory comments about other clubs. Whoever deleted the previous thread removed any evidence of it, but most of the comments came from Metro parents sticking the boot into Adelaide City and Para Hills; not deserved, etc. They also said that things like 'it's not the kids fault, the ffsa should turn a blind eye' or there about; this shows no respect for the other teams that played by the rules.

Now we have people posting on here:
AC v PH U17 - "Rumour has it that the winners were handed bronze medals, while the losers received nothing?"

Comments like this were being bandied around yesterday at Hindmarsh all day.

Now there are people trying to belittle an U15 team because their team lost, saying things like: "Despite being runners up were the first to extend their hand to their winning opponents..." A play on words that does not mention which team shook hands first before the game, and which team was called out to receive their medals first and then went and shook hands.

Please leave it alone.
Following your own advice would be a good start.
PS I like Metro but I'm not a supporter.
Use the search button, and you'll be surprised of some of the names that come on the subject of cheating. :wink:

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

gazza wrote: Please leave it alone.

Use the search button, and you'll be surprised of some of the names that come on the subject of cheating. :wink:
You just couldn't leave it could you? Where have I said anything about cheating? I had a lot of respect for Metro's, I know a few people down there and respect them. I didn't take too much from the information posted on the forum about Metro officials signing a Statutory Declaration about not playing ineligible players. I've even tried to get people to tone it down and to remember that there are kids involved in all teams. However, it seems that there are people from your club that just can not let it go, and keep posting on here about others.

So, are the claims true or false? Did Metro Stars sign a Stat Dec? Lets end the rumours, once and for all.

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

Jtack wrote:I took my son out to watch the Under 15's game as he wants to play next year. He watched those North Eastern Metrostars players, play with spirit, energy and pride, they kept their heads held high and played with dignity, win or lose they should be very proud, am looking forward to know of their trial dates for my son for 2013!
Good luck for your son at the trials but a word of advice - he should try at various clubs to increase his chances of being selected as it is not easy for an outsider to be picked for the following season's team as most players are selected from in- house or have played at a previous club and are a decent standard to dislodge the existing players.

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gazza »

johnydep wrote:

You just couldn't leave it could you? Where have I said anything about cheating? I had a lot of respect for Metro's, I know a few people down there and respect them. I didn't take too much from the information posted on the forum about Metro officials signing a Statutory Declaration about not playing ineligible players. I've even tried to get people to tone it down and to remember that there are kids involved in all teams. However, it seems that there are people from your club that just can not let it go, and keep posting on here about others.

So, are the claims true or false? Did Metro Stars sign a Stat Dec? Lets end the rumours, once and for all.
I don't know, I'm not from Metrostars.
Funny how Metro are the butt of jokes for their lack of supporters, then all of a sudden they have people posting on here, people going around Hindmarsh putting other Clubs down, blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

:lol:

Has your son been playing with a club beforehand or has he just decided to start now? Yeah, I'm sure he'd walk into one of the top teams going around starting as a 14 or 15 year old.........
Ignore this signature

Jtack
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Jtack »

Ok no he hasn't we have moved from interstate so do not have much understanding of what clubs and where to go, thanks for the heads up

hemishovel
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by hemishovel »

Good luck . Hope he gets in

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

There has been ALOT of people join up and post over the last week, possibly to never be heard from again?
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Jtack wrote:Ok no he hasn't we have moved from interstate so do not have much understanding of what clubs and where to go, thanks for the heads up
So very believable..................NOT! Nice try though
Ignore this signature

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

Bomber wrote:
Jtack wrote:Ok no he hasn't we have moved from interstate so do not have much understanding of what clubs and where to go, thanks for the heads up
So very believable..................NOT! Nice try though
Was thinking it but didnt want to say it.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gazza »

johnydep wrote:

rabbit

Post subject: Re: Cup results - quarter finals

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:42 pm

Key Player

You obviously didn't seek permission from those holier than thou.......... [/quote]
Or as big a mouth as yours, always quick to attack but slow to contribute positively. But as it is a public forum your free to express your views, just like everyone else is, as long as it’s not to the detriment of others and follows the forum rules.[/quote]

There you go again, sinking to the same level you dislike so much on here. Perhaps you are no different to us after all.............

Manutd21
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Manutd21 »

Mate your a :clown:

Manutd21
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Manutd21 »

greg11 wrote:
Ibelieve wrote:17's- Para hills 4 - 2 A/City
bad luck to city, fought to the end.
Rumour has it that the winners were handed bronze medals, while the losers recieved nothing?

You know what Greg 11 Pull your head in If you want to have a go at someone why don't you Start with the people it involves don't have a go at the teams in the final because they didn't play the illegal players you sad :clown: well done to para and ad city for putting on a very entertaining match

James
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by James »

In my eyes Metro are a club full of hard working people who earnt at least my respect . Every negative post re this topic takes this away. I feel sorry for the metro faithful who have built the club to where it is now.

Faith No More
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Faith No More »

the result will show para hills defeated Adelaide city in the final.
That is the end of it !
Everybody take a deep breath, put your patriotism/narrow mindedness/bias/bitterness etc etc etc in a box for the garbo to collect this week & go and support your child this weekend regardless of who he/she plays for.
The biggest problem with Junior football in this state is the absolute rubbish politics that seems to dictate what happens off the field & ultimately spills onto the field at times.
enjoy the game, enjoy the fact your child is at a level that they can play at Federation standard & start to get on with life without all the BS that has flown around here over the last 3 weeks !
Good luck to all the kids for the final month of season 2012.
"just let them play ".

barchetta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by barchetta »

It's all a pity really. The boys of all these teams aren't to blame.

NutJob
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by NutJob »

Agree^^^

I'm not one to point fingers but how come in this very negative comment is being regarded as someone with something to do to with metro? How is that fair? There were other teams disqualified from the semi final also... in the end these comments may not even be from these teams involved, it's a public forum where peoples identities are hidden.

Let this go to rest now.. It's been overdone.

The Baby
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Baby »

congratulations the comets under 16's for putting in a hugely gutsy effort against city. after losing 6-0 to them in the league, and sitting at 3rd to last, they rose to the occasion at Hindmarsh, nearly winning it if not for the late equalizer, than going down 3-1 in extra time. they were big underdogs, and made city work hard to win it!

tryhard
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by tryhard »

agreed with comments about comets. they used a good strategy to counter ade city style and catch them on the break. They nearly got there. well done