ADELAIDE CITY 15A'S

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Adelaide Vic Juniors
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

ADELAIDE CITY 15A'S

Post by Adelaide Vic Juniors »

Adelaide Citys under 15's seem to performing well, seeing the team lost around 10 players. Sitting nicely in 4th position with 7 games to go. Credit must go to all the players for working hard and playing as a team. Rumour coach being looked at by other clubs for 18's or reserves next year.

Chalky
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: ADELAIDE CITY 15A'S

Post by Chalky »

Oh nikeair, here we go again, seems like you are tooting your own horn again. You can’t be serious, oh Dion will you ever learn, now enlighten us, which club wants you for u18’s and reserves? Who are those fortunate clubs? I just can’t wait for your response, you are clearly desperate, but keep it up as it’s absolutely hilarious!

AV Juniors
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by AV Juniors »

By the way chalky, nike air is not Dion . He does not need to self- promote himself. He lets his coaching do the talking! Enough said. :evil:

Chalky
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Chalky »

nikeair, superstar, dion, whatever you want to call yourself, your coaching does indeed speak for itself.
So tell us, how do you know that Dion isn’t nikeair then? You seem to be digging yourself deeper and deeper.

AV Juniors
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by AV Juniors »

Nikeair is a person with a association at a northern club and I am a parent of a child who plays in the juniors at Adelaide city! :roll:

Chalky
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Chalky »

baaahaaaa

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

nikeair wrote:Adelaide Citys under 15's seem to performing well, seeing the team lost around 10 players. Sitting nicely in 4th position with 7 games to go. Credit must go to all the players for working hard and playing as a team. Rumour coach being looked at by other clubs for 18's or reserves next year.

Gee that is a great record considering they are short 10 players :lol: amazing achievement

Cobweb Rides Again
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cobweb Rides Again »

Feck me, they musta had a huge squad at the start of the yeer!!!!!

Procrasinate
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Procrasinate »

If I am not mistaken, they are actually sitting in 5th with the top 4 having 1-3 games in hand aswell as them coming off of winning the league last year. They also have lost 4 players (correct me if im wrong). I have gone down to quite a few of their games seeing as how they are the so called "best" club in SA and i use that term very lightly and I am quite frankly shocked. This team which reached the finals of the Manchester Cup, could not string 4 passes together without booting the ball long. The coach is encouraging them to play kick and run and I over hear him saying that you cant play football against all teams without even trying too, thats absolute shiraz! He then takes of the players that are trying to play football and repeatedly tells them to just boot it long. The kids, directed from the coach, are in fear of playing with the ball decide to kick the ball out with praise from the coach but its sad to see that they think this is the right way to play football. The players that try to do the right thing are being rewarded by sitting on the bench. May i remind you this team has 2 state players who are both playing a year above. When will coaches realise that it isn't about results but about developing players. I've also heard that multiple training sessions of theirs have been cancelled because only 4 players show up and there has been multiple complaints about him. Obviously something is wrong down at the club and it needs to be fixed. It isn't only this club but quite a few. Just putting my 2 cents worth in this topic.

New Boy On The Block
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by New Boy On The Block »

Barcelona21 wrote:If I am not mistaken, they are actually sitting in 5th with the top 4 having 1-3 games in hand aswell as them coming off of winning the league last year. They also have lost 4 players (correct me if im wrong). I have gone down to quite a few of their games seeing as how they are the so called "best" club in SA and i use that term very lightly and I am quite frankly shocked. This team which reached the finals of the Manchester Cup, could not string 4 passes together without booting the ball long. The coach is encouraging them to play kick and run and I over hear him saying that you cant play football against all teams without even trying too, thats absolute shiraz! He then takes of the players that are trying to play football and repeatedly tells them to just boot it long. The kids, directed from the coach, are in fear of playing with the ball decide to kick the ball out with praise from the coach but its sad to see that they think this is the right way to play football. The players that try to do the right thing are being rewarded by sitting on the bench. May i remind you this team has 2 state players who are both playing a year above. When will coaches realise that it isn't about results but about developing players. I've also heard that multiple training sessions of theirs have been cancelled because only 4 players show up and there has been multiple complaints about him. Obviously something is wrong down at the club and it needs to be fixed. It isn't only this club but quite a few. Just putting my 2 cents worth in this topic.
Wow, you seem to know a fair bit about the team! Sounds like your ties to the team are closer than you are making out?

kings
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kings »

Barcelona21 wrote:If I am not mistaken, they are actually sitting in 5th with the top 4 having 1-3 games in hand aswell as them coming off of winning the league last year. They also have lost 4 players (correct me if im wrong). I have gone down to quite a few of their games seeing as how they are the so called "best" club in SA and i use that term very lightly and I am quite frankly shocked. This team which reached the finals of the Manchester Cup, could not string 4 passes together without booting the ball long. The coach is encouraging them to play kick and run and I over hear him saying that you cant play football against all teams without even trying too, thats absolute shiraz! He then takes of the players that are trying to play football and repeatedly tells them to just boot it long. The kids, directed from the coach, are in fear of playing with the ball decide to kick the ball out with praise from the coach but its sad to see that they think this is the right way to play football. The players that try to do the right thing are being rewarded by sitting on the bench. May i remind you this team has 2 state players who are both playing a year above. When will coaches realise that it isn't about results but about developing players. I've also heard that multiple training sessions of theirs have been cancelled because only 4 players show up and there has been multiple complaints about him. Obviously something is wrong down at the club and it needs to be fixed. It isn't only this club but quite a few. Just putting my 2 cents worth in this topic.

Kings will be no 1
If developing then position on table isn't important is it. loose more games it will show you are developing well. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best club is not made up from one player , coach or team. :oops: :oops:
Sound like one of the state players are not happy :P
Thats not the Manu team :roll:

MR Black
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MR Black »

Before the season started they lost 2 players to other clubs & 4 players to another team with in the club. Then with in the first few games of the new season they lost another 2 players to other clubs making a total of 8 original players from last season. To make matters worse they then lost a few new players that started this season. You could say they lost the bulk of last seasons squad. There are many reasons for this happening but you cant blame the current coach although Barcelona21 is correct with his or her take on the current squad & the way they play. All I can say is if your in with the right people within the club your okay if not there is no hope. You are told all the things you want to hear at this club but that fact is that it is success driven by winning at all costs.

Procrasinate
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Procrasinate »

Nup not affliated to Adelaide City, just a supporter of good football here in SA :D I never said the best club is made up of one player , coach or team but if a club was trying to succeed, they would take all teams seriously and try to develop all the players in the right way thus raising the standard of SA football. Yet again no where in that post did i say that 1 of the state players were unhappy, thats is merely your assumption. I do not know these state players but if they have made the state team, then isnt common sense for the team to utilize them? My apologieses then, do you know how many they dropped for the Man U Cup? And yes Mr.Black, unfortunatly I have heard this time and time again and it is not good enough considering this is one of the most known clubs in Adelaide.

clubman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by clubman »

Barcelona21 wrote:Nup not affliated to Adelaide City, just a supporter of good football here in SA :D I never said the best club is made up of one player , coach or team but if a club was trying to succeed, they would take all teams seriously and try to develop all the players in the right way thus raising the standard of SA football. Yet again no where in that post did i say that 1 of the state players were unhappy, thats is merely your assumption. I do not know these state players but if they have made the state team, then isnt common sense for the team to utilize them? My apologieses then, do you know how many they dropped for the Man U Cup? And yes Mr.Black, unfortunatly I have heard this time and time again and it is not good enough considering this is one of the most known clubs in Adelaide.

I Believe 3 state player in the team all under age
+ 2 more under age players. your right Barcelona21 the state player are struggling with playing up.
they should have stayed in their own age group, then they could have controlled the games. :lol: :lol:

tryhard
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by tryhard »

Clubman, I dont think Barcelona said the state team players are struggling. I have seen a few of their games and these two boys have had no problems competing in the u15 comp.

Procrasinate
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Procrasinate »

Yet again no where in that post did i say the state players were struggling. Good idea to get your eyesight checked out. At this rate you might be ref in next world cup final :lol: Correct me if im wrong but the two state players are playing against u16/u17 teams for the state team.

MR Black
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MR Black »

There were or are 2 state squad players & there are about 5 underage players in this A/C team which in my opinion are far too many. At least 3 of those underage players should not be in that squad & do stuggle badly playing U/15s. This is only 1 reason for players/player leaving as the standard was too low. It may be good for an underage player to play up but is it good for a player in that age group to play with too many underage players that are not up to standard? This what I meant by if your in with the right people at the club your okay. Not one person would complain if their son who is 14 was playing 15, 16 or 17 even if he was not to standard because they know that he would have to improve or fold under the presure. But is it fair on the players who are in that age group, do they improve? I think not. The Man U squad was mostly the same team as last year minus 3 & no player was dropped.

black
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by black »

MR Black wrote:There were or are 2 state squad players & there are about 5 underage players in this A/C team which in my opinion are far too many. At least 3 of those underage players should not be in that squad & do stuggle badly playing U/15s. This is only 1 reason for players/player leaving as the standard was too low. It may be good for an underage player to play up but is it good for a player in that age group to play with too many underage players that are not up to standard? This what I meant by if your in with the right people at the club your okay. Not one person would complain if their son who is 14 was playing 15, 16 or 17 even if he was not to standard because they know that he would have to improve or fold under the presure. But is it fair on the players who are in that age group, do they improve? I think not. The Man U squad was mostly the same team as last year minus 3 & no player was dropped.

U seem to know a lot about this squad and club.
I would not agree with this, what parent would want their child to play up and risk getting smashed, and forced to play outside their capabilities. Most parents would I believe prefer to see their kids get a taste for older age groups first and not just go for the prestige of it all.

There is only one black....well really there are six of us and you aint our daddy.... :wink:
1/6.... but still 6. :)

"you see the eye to detail,the accuracy of the pass, it's the weight of the pass and the decision making in the games, that makes top players stand out form average players" - Rene' Meulensteen,

RIDER
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by RIDER »

Chalky wrote:nikeair, superstar, dion, whatever you want to call yourself, your coaching does indeed speak for itself.
So tell us, how do you know that Dion isn’t nikeair then? You seem to be digging yourself deeper and deeper.
is this the same idiot coach from adelaide city 15A that pushed a blue eagle player as he was coming of the field.
this guy is a real tool.

MR Black
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MR Black »

Yes its the same idiot who pushed the idiotic B/E player as he was coming off the field

billabongbob
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by billabongbob »

I have to say that to hear that Adelaide City players are being encouraged to kick it long is a big disappointment, even if not a surprise considering how things have changed in the coaching leadership in the past 5 years. When my son played there from U12 to U15 the policy of the club was for the game to be played on the deck in a fluid passing game. That was the main reason why we went to that club due to the way the boys were encouraged to play. The director of coaching, Aldo was inspirational in ensuring that this philosophy was followed and whilst there I was part of the committee that developed the coaching development manual. I understand that since my son moved into federation senior soccer that the committe has been taken over by a self-serving egotist who when a coach only thought of the result and not the development and always ensured that he was given a team that was likely to be successful. I felt at the time that the leading clubs in junior soccer that developed players to play a possession game and develop technically good players were Adelaide City, Campbelltown, and Metro Stars. Not sure what is happening in junior soccer now as haven't been involved for over 5 ydears and have lost touch.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

billabongbob wrote: I understand that since my son moved into federation senior soccer that the committe has been taken over by a self-serving egotist who when a coach only thought of the result and not the development and always ensured that he was given a team that was likely to be successful.
Is that the little bloke who seems to be on the bench of nearly every age group, barking out instructions and making the substitutions ?
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

barchetta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by barchetta »

Željko Jurin wrote:
billabongbob wrote: I understand that since my son moved into federation senior soccer that the committe has been taken over by a self-serving egotist who when a coach only thought of the result and not the development and always ensured that he was given a team that was likely to be successful.
Is that the little bloke who seems to be on the bench of nearly every age group, barking out instructions and making the substitutions ?
Oh come on. This surely can't be happening. Seems that his involvement this year hasn't been too good. Is this the guy that's taken up skiing behind the motor!!!

give us a break
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by give us a break »

billabongbob wrote:I have to say that to hear that Adelaide City players are being encouraged to kick it long is a big disappointment, even if not a surprise considering how things have changed in the coaching leadership in the past 5 years. When my son played there from U12 to U15 the policy of the club was for the game to be played on the deck in a fluid passing game. That was the main reason why we went to that club due to the way the boys were encouraged to play. The director of coaching, Aldo was inspirational in ensuring that this philosophy was followed and whilst there I was part of the committee that developed the coaching development manual. I understand that since my son moved into federation senior soccer that the committe has been taken over by a self-serving egotist who when a coach only thought of the result and not the development and always ensured that he was given a team that was likely to be successful. I felt at the time that the leading clubs in junior soccer that developed players to play a possession game and develop technically good players were Adelaide City, Campbelltown, and Metro Stars. Not sure what is happening in junior soccer now as haven't been involved for over 5 ydears and have lost touch.
Great analyses, billabong.My son started at Adelaide City while Aldo was Coaching Director. He (Aldo) floated from one team to another and taught them the AC system - which included playing the ball out from the back and not to kick the ball out. He was a tough taskmaster who would not take any crap from anybody - but always fair. Many of these teams played very nice football, enjoyable to watch and the kids learned heaps. The teams were successful and played nice football. This all went to pack when Aldo was asked to leave to make room for today's gurus??!!!
I sometime wonder where Aldo is now. He would have so much to give to the football in this state.
Sir, I may not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to be a complete fool. - Voltaire

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Željko Jurin wrote:

Think you could be referring to Mr Zito..??? ...cue the post I just read lower re the change in coaching leadership the last 5 years or so..

canayon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by canayon »

Sacred Noodle wrote:
Željko Jurin wrote:

Think you could be referring to Mr Zito..??? ...cue the post I just read lower re the change in coaching leadership the last 5 years or so..
I think Mark Zito married D.Mori's sister....... or something like that.....

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

Here's an analytical retort for all of you.................................

WHO CARES !!

tryhard
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by tryhard »

Rabbit - spot on