Volkswagen Junior Masters Competition

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Volkswagen Junior Masters Competition

Post by Mrs Red »

The Volkswagen junior masters Comp is being held on Saturday 14th July at Newton Sports Complex for Under 11's.

Has anyone got any feedback on the competition itself???

Before we try and enter a team we were wondering whether it was worthwhile or not?

Volkswagen invites all U/11 boys Club teams from across Australia to nominate their team for entry into one of the gala soccer events to be held in June and July 2012. Twenty teams will take part in each State event incorporating Skills & Drills coaching sessions and a Small Sided tournament. The winning team for each State event will automatically qualify for the 2013 Volkswagen Junior Masters Australia tournament.
http://juniormastersaustralia.com.au/

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Volkswagen Junior Masters Competition

Post by Željko Jurin »

Raiders and AC were the only SA based teams who made the tournament in Sydney last year, and the kids loved it .... AC lost in the final
The Aust winners were from Perth, and are going to Poland this year

I think all their Adidas playing gear was paid for, and they received a sum to help with flights and accommodation in Syd

This year seems to be a different entry selection criteria, and a tournament within SA before going to the Aust finals, something similar to the u15 Man Utd Cup
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

mancity
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by mancity »

Im pretty sure last year it was under 12s with Ad City getting to the final.
I hear it went very well.
I believe its more about the club as a whole rather than just how good the team is to get through the various stages of selection.

DUKE BLUE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by DUKE BLUE »

Saturday 2nd June - 8pm CEST

An outstanding performance from Australia at the Volkswagen Junior World Masters saw them qualify for the quarter finals after finishing second in their group. They went into day two knowing that two wins in the final two group matches would secure a quarter final place and that is exactly what they achieved. A 2-1 win against Mexico was followed by a nail biting 1-0 win against Sweden to book a quarter final place against tournament favourites Germany.

The Germans, an academy team from Bundesliga giants Hertha Berlin, had too much for club team ECU Joondalup from Perth and went through 3-1 before going on to lift the trophy in the final against Italy.

The Australian team emerged from the tournament with huge credit in the knowledge that having played six matches they only lost to the two teams that competed in the final - Germany and day one opponents Italy.

Australia kicked off day two against Mexico and took an early 2-0 lead thanks to two goals from forward Ryan Charles. A swirling wind was causing both teams problems, and in the second half the Mexicans got a deserved goal back but Australia had too much for them and held out for a 2-1 win.

That meant it all came down to the final group game against Sweden. Anything other than a win would see Russia progress to the quarter finals with group winners Italy. The tension on the sidelines from ECU Joondalup's loyal and vocal band of supporters was huge. The match was poised at 0-0 and in spite of having chances Australia weren't able to make the break through until a goal from Ayden Dragun with just two minutes to go sent the crowd and the players into ecstasy. They were able to hold on for a 1-0 win which secured a quarter final spot and qualification from a very tough group.

Final Group A table:

Team Played Points

Italy 5 15
Australia 5 10
Russia 5 9
Kazakhstan 5 6
Sweden 5 4
Mexico 5 0

The draw couldn't have been tougher with a quarter final spot against an undefeated and well fancied German team who had previously beaten the likes of Argentina 5-0. They scored three goals in the first half however a strong second half fight back and a conciliation goal by midfielder Sven Begiecevic meant that Australia could hold their heads high with a 3-1 defeat.

Germany went on to beat Switzerland in the semi finals and line up a final against Italy who had beaten Brazil in a tense penalty shoot out in the other semi final. That meant that the two teams who had defeated Australia went on to play in the final in Pepsi Stadium in the curtain raiser before this evening's international match between Poland and Andorra. In a one sided final Germany deservedly took the crown of Volkswagen Junior World Masters champions with a 5-0 win.

The Volkswagen Junior Masters experience is one which the boys from ECU Joondalup will never forget and as Australia's first ever representatives in the tournament they have set the bar high for all teams that follow in the biggest youth football tournament in the world.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

FFSA wrote:Dear all

I hope that you are well. Unofficially Football Federation SA (FFSA) had been notified that a number of FFSA clubs have nominated to be involved in the above tournament. Up until a few weeks ago the FFSA was not aware of this tournament and had received very little information relating to the event. Further investigation was made following a request from the event organiser to have match officials appointed to the tournament.

It appears that a number of other member federations were in a similar situation and so at a recent meeting of all Member Federation CEOs a decision was made not to sanction or endorse this event. As this is not a sanctioned tournament of the FFSA or FFSA no match officials will be appointed and the FFSA will not sanction for players or clubs to be involved. If clubs do continue to participate in this event they must notify all of their players and officials that they are not covered by any insurance that is normally offered through their participation.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information relating to this matter.

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

I hope that you are well. Unofficially Football Federation SA (FFSA) had been notified that a number of FFSA clubs have nominated to be involved in the above tournament. Up until a few weeks ago the FFSA was not aware of this tournament and had received very little information relating to the event. Further investigation was made following a request from the event organiser to have match officials appointed to the tournament.

It appears that a number of other member federations were in a similar situation and so at a recent meeting of all Member Federation CEOs a decision was made not to sanction or endorse this event. As this is not a sanctioned tournament of the FFSA or FFSA no match officials will be appointed and the FFSA will not sanction for players or clubs to be involved. If clubs do continue to participate in this event they must notify all of their players and officials that they are not covered by any insurance that is normally offered through their participation.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information relating to this matter.
Pathetic :oops:
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Big Mac wrote:

Pathetic :oops:
I hope they come up with a favourable solution, after all it should be all about the kids, the game, development and fun.

There will be a lot of upset kids soon, which is unnecessary.

black
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by black »

johnydep wrote:

It appears that a number of other member federations were in a similar situation and so at a recent meeting of all Member Federation CEOs a decision was made not to sanction or endorse this event. As this is not a sanctioned tournament of the FFSA or FFSA no match officials will be appointed and the FFSAwill not sanction for players or clubs to be involved. If clubs do continue to participate in this event they must notify all of their players and officials that they are not covered by any insurance that is normally offered through their participation.

Just heard about it?
It was successfully run last year with two sa clubs doing well..
Who ran it last year and officiated?

I notice that the event partner is none other then Mr Soccer himself Lucas Niel who happens to run programs in the Western Sydney area..... right near the new A league franchise?

Pretty poor form by FFA and FFSA.
1/6.... but still 6. :)

"you see the eye to detail,the accuracy of the pass, it's the weight of the pass and the decision making in the games, that makes top players stand out form average players" - Rene' Meulensteen,

harrycripps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by harrycripps »

Last year steve corica was the ambassador for the event and attended the games.

give us a break
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by give us a break »

Probably VW did not offer any money to FFA/FFSA. The ManU Cup is sanctionned; the Volkswagen Comp not - makes you wonder why.
Sir, I may not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to be a complete fool. - Voltaire

juniors
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by juniors »

i have spoken to the event people of the Volkswagen comp.
We will hear more info on the comp. next week.
the FFSA can not stop the kids from playing!!!!

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

No, they can't stop them from playing at all. Insurance may be a different matter though.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Read the email ..... nothing about stopping the event .... just unfortunately it is not sanctioned by FFA, hence no insurance or officials from their end ..... did VW organizers or did they not approach FFA beforehand ?? Who knows ...

liverpool
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by liverpool »

If you go onto the FFSA website (insurance) it is a very basic policy, and they recommend that all participants involved with the FFSA, should also have their own insurance (private health cover)........

Lets just hope that the 200 plus kids get the opportunity to have a great experience!!!! :P

harrycripps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by harrycripps »

I think that volkswagen are capable of organizing an insurance policy.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

harrycripps wrote:I think that volkswagen are capable of organizing an insurance policy.
Exactly ...

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

black wrote:Pretty poor form by FFA and FFSA.
so at a recent meeting of all Member Federation CEOs a decision was made not to sanction or endorse this event.
Not sure why you chose to let the other associations off the hook?
Time for some righteous indignation

kings
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kings »

johnydep wrote:

Does that mean Raiders are pulling out :?: As this is not a sanctioned tournament of the FFSA or FFSA

James
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by James »

Željko Jurin wrote:
harrycripps wrote:I think that volkswagen are capable of organizing an insurance policy.
Exactly ...

VW Cup has insurance. Just received cover notes from organizers.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Željko Jurin wrote:
Exactly ...
James wrote:VW Cup has insurance. Just received cover notes from organizers.
I suggest that you re-read all the documents, and then clarify your statement.

Looks like that the tournament is insured, but not the players.
Volkswagen Junior Masters Road Show - SA Event wrote:Indemnity Release Terms:

By signing this participation form you acknowledge .....

• 1. I hereby release and identify Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd (VGA), Total Sport & Entertainment Pty Ltd (TSE) MR Soccer and its affiliates (officers, servants and agents, employees, volunteers, contractors, sponsors, participants, parents and stakeholders) from all claims, costs, proceedings, liabilities and expenses arising from or in any way connected with my child's participation in the VW Junior Masters.

2. My child will participate at my own risk, and I accept all risks associated with the activity including injury, permanent incapacitation, death, loss and damage. I also accept that my child's personal property may be lost or damaged and that my child may cause injury to other persons or damage their property.

3. I understand that participation is a physical nature and I declare as a condition of participation in the VW Junior Masters, that my child has sufficient personal fitness to be able to safely participate and that I am not aware of any illness, injury, disability or condition which may preclude my child from participating and/or cause my child injury, death or loss while participation in the VW Junior Masters.

4. I understand that I must ......

5. I agree that if my child is injured or ill that VGA, TSE, MR Soccer and its affiliates may at my cost and expense arrange medical treatment and emergency transportation to hospital or a doctor as deemed necessary by VGAm TSE, MR Soccer and its affiliates. I agree that I am responsible for my child's medical and ambulance costs and/or insurance

6. ....

James
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by James »

I asked for the insurance coverage over the phone and was mailed cover notes for personal and public liability coverage (although no $ coverage mentioned on the personal accident policy)

I am not a legal expert so i will have to ask more questions...

Where did you get you info from Johny?

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

James wrote:.....
Our club received the documentation from the organisers several days ago, we keep in close and regular contact with them.

I presume that all participating clubs will/have received all the relevant material.
Hi ......,

Again, congratulations on your successful nomination to the Volkswagen Junior Masters South Australian road show event. Please find attached & below relevant event information for your team. It is important that you review this thoroughly as there are some documents that require you to complete and send back to us.

Event Details:

Date: Saturday 14th July
Venue: Newton Sports Ground
Stradbroke Road
Newton SA

Time: All teams to be on site at 8:15am for team registration.

Attached are the following documents:

1. Team Information Pack

2. Participation Form

In the Team Information Pack we require you to fill out the team information sheet & return to us by Tuesday 10th July. This sheet is the final page (page 10) of the Team Information Pack.

The Participation Form must be signed and completed by all participants for them to take part in the event.

We look forward to hosting you and making the Volkswagen Junior Masters a memorable experience for all involved.

Regards,

Volkswagen Australia

James
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by James »

johnydep wrote:
James wrote:.....
Our club received the documentation from the organisers several days ago, we keep in close and regular contact with them.

I presume that all participating clubs will/have received all the relevant material.
Hi ......,

Again, congratulations on your successful nomination to the Volkswagen Junior Masters South Australian road show event. Please find attached & below relevant event information for your team. It is important that you review this thoroughly as there are some documents that require you to complete and send back to us.

Event Details:

Date: Saturday 14th July
Venue: Newton Sports Ground
Stradbroke Road
Newton SA

Time: All teams to be on site at 8:15am for team registration.

Attached are the following documents:

1. Team Information Pack

2. Participation Form

In the Team Information Pack we require you to fill out the team information sheet & return to us by Tuesday 10th July. This sheet is the final page (page 10) of the Team Information Pack.

The Participation Form must be signed and completed by all participants for them to take part in the event.

We look forward to hosting you and making the Volkswagen Junior Masters a memorable experience for all involved.

Regards,

Volkswagen Australia
how is you club overcoming the gap in personal insurance?

twm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by twm »

i aint no legal expert either but on what I just read, as a layman, the only protection the organisers are offering is to themselves. basically your signing away your rights to sue the organisers if something happens. :?:

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

I have just been onto a couple of local Academies websites to see what they do, looks like they dont have insurance either as parents need to sign an indemnity for the child to be able to participate ....... if all else fails, I assume clubs will have to get parents to sign something similar if they want their kids to play in the tournament I suppose .......
Consent for Medical Treatment/Liability Release
I hereby indemnify XXXXXX responsibility for any accident, loss or injury suffered by my child/children during the course of these activities. Should at any time XXXXXX or staff consider that my child requires medical or hospital treatment, I consent to you obtaining this at my expense. The player's parent or guardian is responsible for any property damage caused by the player. If a player's property is lost or stolen, XXXXXX will make every effort to locate it. However, XXXXXXX accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage to a player's property.
and another
I give permission for the officials to call an ambulance or render medical assistance in the
event of my child _______________ having an accident or in need of medical treatment.
My Medicare number is _________________
and Private health cover is ____________________
__________________________ Parent/guardian

James
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by James »

Thanks mate.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

New documentation from organisers show that they now have full insurance coverage.
Dear ......

We look forward to hosting your team at the South Australian event for the 2012 Volkswagen Junior Masters Roadshow on 14 July at Newton Sports Ground, NEWTON.

The winning team from this tournament will be granted a spot in the 2013 Volkswagen Junior Masters Australia tournament, from which the winning team from this tournament will go on to represent Australia at the Volkswagen World Junior Masters in 2014.

Please find attached insurance documents, being Certificates of Currency for Personal Accident & Public Liability policies we have in place for this event.

We will be providing draw information closer to the event date.

Regards
Volkswagen Group Australia

harrycripps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by harrycripps »

:D

kings
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kings »

Looks like Raiders will win this weekend .

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Well Done Raiders ..... trying to play 'football' even in atrocious conditions, developing and getting the 'r' word

Ivi would be very proud of the way you all kept trying to play football, and the way you conducted yourselves on and off the pitch, as we all are

To all the other teams, well done, and that mud brought back alot of memories to all us oldies ....