U16C JPL League - teams pull out

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

U16C JPL League - teams pull out

Post by johnydep »

This can't be helped; young players leave due to school commitments or injury, change clubs or just give up.

Maybe the leagues should be expanded, make them all 16 - 18 team leagues. Combine age groups, so that there are less leagues but more teams:
  • SSF
    U13 (teams mixed with U12/13 players) JPL and JSL.
    U15 (as above U14/15) JPL and JSL.
    U17 (as above U16/17) JPL and JSL.
FFSA wrote:....the Football Federation SA (FFSA) has received official notification from both Cumberland United and NAB that they are withdrawing their Under 16C Division Team. As a consequence of these teams withdrawing, new fixtures will need to be generated.

The new fixtures will be sent out to clubs tomorrow to provide comment on and following receipt of feedback, the new fixtures will commence as of the 29 April. The fixtures this weekend will proceed as scheduled but please note that the results will not be recorded.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation and the FFSA is working to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.

Regards
1 Fulham United Black
2 Munno Para
3 Croydon Kings
4 Western Strikers
5 Cove
6 Enfield City
7 Cumberland United
8 Fulham United White
9 N.A.B

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: U16C JPL League - teams pull out

Post by Ginger Pele »

I agree to some extent there JD. I have always thought that U16 should be scrapped and we go straight from U15 to U17.

I would however keep U14 as I believe this is a crucial year of a childs development and a turning point in their outlook on the game.....a boy just starting to turn in to a young man if you like.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Agree ....... u15, u17, and then u19

or

u15, u16 and then u19
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

how about 14, 15, 16 and 18s?? scrap the 19s...

how many playing in the under 19s are 18??

most reserve sides are full of 18/19s this year
things happen for a reason

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

either / or

And agree, alot of youngsters playing u19s ......

New Boy On The Block
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by New Boy On The Block »

Or just keep it as it is and some clubs need to be realistic on the number of teams they submit. If you haven't got enough for a full squad (13 to 15 players), don't submit a team. I think that sometimes teams are being put in with 8 to 10 players and the club is hoping to fill the spots prior to season start or movement each week from other teams. This probably happens for two reasons - 1. The club can't make the hard decision and tell the players that are there that there won't be a team due to lack of numbers & 2. Revenue for the club by having as many players as possible register. What happends to the players that haven't got a team now?? It would have been easier to find a club to play in before the season starts, not 2 rounds into the season. I think the clubs in question have a lot to answer for.....but that's just my opinion.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

New Boy On The Block wrote:Or just keep it as it is and some clubs need to be realistic on the number of teams they submit. If you haven't got enough for a full squad (13 to 15 players), don't submit a team. I think that sometimes teams are being put in with 8 to 10 players and the club is hoping to fill the spots prior to season start or movement each week from other teams. This probably happens for two reasons - 1. The club can't make the hard decision and tell the players that are there that there won't be a team due to lack of numbers & 2. Revenue for the club by having as many players as possible register. What happends to the players that haven't got a team now?? It would have been easier to find a club to play in before the season starts, not 2 rounds into the season. I think the clubs in question have a lot to answer for.....but that's just my opinion.
That wont resolve junior leagues with 6, 7 or 8 teams.

There just isn't enough players and teams to have so many leagues.

on-side
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by on-side »

New Boy On The Block wrote:Or just keep it as it is and some clubs need to be realistic on the number of teams they submit. If you haven't got enough for a full squad (13 to 15 players), don't submit a team. I think that sometimes teams are being put in with 8 to 10 players and the club is hoping to fill the spots prior to season start or movement each week from other teams. This probably happens for two reasons - 1. The club can't make the hard decision and tell the players that are there that there won't be a team due to lack of numbers & 2. Revenue for the club by having as many players as possible register. What happends to the players that haven't got a team now?? It would have been easier to find a club to play in before the season starts, not 2 rounds into the season. I think the clubs in question have a lot to answer for.....but that's just my opinion.
If the player(s) really want to play...1. their club should try and place them somewhere first, either at their own club or at another club and/or 2. if this is not possible, the player should contact the clubs that are still short on numbers (they are out there)

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

15-17 yr old age group has the highest percentage of players dropping out....
i think we should go back to under 15s, 17s & 19s or something like 15s, 18s, 21s then reserves and seniors

kings
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kings »

Željko Jurin wrote:Agree ....... u15, u17, and then u19

or

u15, u16 and then u19

Ask our Technical Director - Airton Andrioli why we have 15,16,17,19.
it would all be part of our development program pathway .Željko Jurin" stick to raiders and let
Airton Andrioli do his job.

zackadacka
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zackadacka »

or

u15, u16 and then u19
U15 then u17 really does not work in e&d, so I would not recommend that jump. Personally prefer 15, 16, 18
ALDERSHOT TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
THE RISING PHOENIX
SINCE 1992
Russia2018 wrote: corruption is alive and well

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

kings wrote:

or

u15, u16 and then u19

it would all be part of our development program pathway .Željko Jurin" stick to raiders and let
Wow ...... johnydep from your club starts the topic, a few others make some suggestions, and I'm the one who gets hammered

PS ..... Airton does not decide how the junior competion is run, it is not his department

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

14,15,16 jpl
18,21,seniors..........

would allow the youth to progress as it currently is..

if your not good enough by 21 then you need to drop down a division and try the league below..

would also strengthen those competitions at the lower end also!!!

wether that be next years second division, Budget League, SAASL or collegiate..
things happen for a reason

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Željko Jurin wrote:
kings wrote:

or

u15, u16 and then u19

Wow ...... johnydep from your club starts the topic, a few others make some suggestions, and I'm the one who gets hammered

PS ..... Airton does not decide how the junior competion is run, it is not his department
Not sure why.

Two years in a row there has been issues with the U16 & U17 age groups due to lack of numbers to form enough teams for a decent league.

Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy debate on how junior football can be improved.

Zelks, my apology for somehow getting you hammered. :wink:

ps. the discussion is mine alone, I haven't discussed this with the club.

black
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by black »

johnydep wrote:

Plenty of players and solutions out there.
One that could work is if the FFSA repair the divide with ED clubs and put the game first.
1/6.... but still 6. :)

"you see the eye to detail,the accuracy of the pass, it's the weight of the pass and the decision making in the games, that makes top players stand out form average players" - Rene' Meulensteen,

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

black wrote:
johnydep wrote:

One that could work is if the FFSA repair the divide with ED clubs and put the game first.
Yes, rephrase - not enough players returning to the game at the U16 & U17 age groups, for various reasons that should be investigated and discussed.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

if the government changes the legal age to 21 yrs old to get a driver's licence, consume alcohol and night clubbing all the players will be back

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

johnydep wrote:
black wrote:
johnydep wrote:

Yes, rephrase - not enough players returning to the game at the U16 & U17 age groups, for various reasons that should be investigated and discussed.

sex
cars
drink
drugs
work to support the above
and yes last on the list school

sad but true

Phil collins
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Phil collins »

Just a thought about why we lose some many good kids, Might also have some thing to do with the way they are treated by so of these cubs and coaches and for the first time in there life they realise they do not have to put up with it.

Asilent01
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Asilent01 »

Phil collins wrote:Just a thought about why we lose some many good kids, Might also have some thing to do with the way they are treated by so of these cubs and coaches and for the first time in there life they realise they do not have to put up with it.
Results like this dont help these teams/players/parents, Is goal difference that important?

Sun 1/Apr
N.A.B-0 def. by Fulham United Black-22

fossil
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by fossil »

it would all be part of our development program pathway .

maybe the better question is why do clubs promote 15-16 year old player straight to 19's then the following season chuck out their current 16 & 17 yr olds before getting a chance at 19's "as club wants a youth policy" while leaving the 1st team with 30 - 35 year olds.

it's about time clubs realise what they are throwing away what they may have worked on for 10 years if the player starts at 6ys then is happy too chuck them out or give them little chance at 16 to become a senior player, but then again clubs getting around 10-15K per player in fees etc is not a bad thing is it :roll: but they are developing players right :wink:

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

the ffsa , changed the rules this yr with no longer needing 16s to determine where your 17s play , rely on 15s result , this was again a wrong decision as you have only a hand full of clubs pushing 16s and the rest making numbers . the ffsa should stick to the rule and thats it . also parents should only watch and drop there kids off to training and games as they have to much imput , allow the coach and club decide the team inwhich a child should play , not oh johnny is 17s why is my son not 17s , lets move . what do you acheive . i know of several playes that have played for more than 3 clubs , JOKE . we make them soft and look for a excuse , what we should get rid off is equal time , work for your spot , not look at the coach asking to come off , knowing you can come back on . toughen up people . we will not improve the game with excuses , need to accept that maybe the player needs to work harder . and clubs be harder . not soft , by allowing players and parents dictate the rules and where they play . .. ah maybe im old school , but i watch so much crap , my son this my son that . go play cricket . .. we should stop thinking of barcelona style as we dont have the number one sport here . we are in AUSTRALIA . look out side . teach passion first with hard work than hey we need to do eurpean style . we are miles away from there . take a step at a time . as europe is broke . and here you will play .

Armageddon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Armageddon »

Many of you have made good points, but unfortunately some clubs use juniors as revenue raisers, take their money then hang them out to dry when they fail. :cry:

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Sorry Corona, don't agree .... Kids can be taught if a coach really wants to teach them the 'right' way .... we might not end up as good as the 'europeans', but it CAN be taught if you do it 100%, and not half ars*d

black
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by black »

Cabbage Leaf wrote:Many of you have made good points, but unfortunately some clubs use juniors as revenue raisers, take their money then hang them out to dry when they fail. :cry:
Thats exactly what happens at the representative level also.
Skillaroos is a $14-15k revenue raising exercise ..... and for what?
The kids have no place to go....no real reason to play as the points don't count, cannot display their own style as they are restricted to "play" the system and are set adrift once they are no longer required.

Sad.
1/6.... but still 6. :)

"you see the eye to detail,the accuracy of the pass, it's the weight of the pass and the decision making in the games, that makes top players stand out form average players" - Rene' Meulensteen,

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Skillaroos is free ....

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

Željko Jurin wrote:Skillaroos is free ....

Since when :?:

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Asilent01 wrote:
Phil collins wrote:Just a thought about why we lose some many good kids, Might also have some thing to do with the way they are treated by so of these cubs and coaches and for the first time in there life they realise they do not have to put up with it.
Results like this dont help these teams/players/parents, Is goal difference that important?

Sun 1/Apr
N.A.B-0 def. by Fulham United Black-22
how do you stop a team from scoring?

A few years ago my brothers team played Beverley, similar scoreline, 27 if I remember. Anyway, I sat there and watch him put the striker in goals and the keeper comes out and scores a hatrick upfront, also watched him put the entire backline into the mid and bench his top players and still the goals came.

Eventually it was the forwards in the back line and the entire team upside down, yet the goals still came, other than walking off the park what do you expect a coach or team to do?

Maybe a club needs to consider, is a season of that worth the fees, compared to the damage it may cause, rather than complaining about teams doing what they do.

barchetta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by barchetta »

It is understood that many kids are justifiably setting their priorities on their education. There will be a secondary impact on club finances.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

best wrote:
Željko Jurin wrote:Skillaroos is free ....

Since when :?:
Maybe your mate should find out facts before making things up .....