round 2 results

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

black
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: round 2 results

Post by black »

barchetta wrote:I guess the only way we'll know whether Skillaroos works is whether these players go on with it in years to come. I watched many of these boys last year and they did deserve selection on talent but some needed harnessing, particularly in team play. If Skillaroos can do this great, raw talent and vision leads to higher chance of success. Some will be challenged with the team play bit. These boys would've tasted success over the years, getting a thrashing will help them grow.
Not entirely sure if I would agree with that one.

Getting thumped week in week out is nothing short of a form of negative reinforcement.
If a student starts out in school with a C- average (or has a learning disadvantage) then the expectation is to see them progress in some measurable way. This is not done by bashing them around the playground with a stick every week. If it was then they would not come back to the school. (as we are noticing at the moment with Skillaroos). The curriculum needs to be sufficiently flexible and adaptable for your students.

'Results' for effort is a tangible and measurable guide to progress in football.
In saying that "Results" is difficult to quantify,
- they could be as simple as goals scored or kept out,
- touches and effective passes of individuals, line or team as a whole,
- the use of specific vocabulary etc to enhance communication etc,
- or as simple as touches it takes to play out from the back.
It all depends on what the coach sets as focus topics for the week and game.
Personally I have always found no more than 3 focus points for every or week as sufficient. (a week includes training leading up to and the game).
Note - There is a real difference between individual player focus points and team focus points.

Our curriculum is not sufficiently flexible or adaptable for our local environment at the moment.
1/6.... but still 6. :)

"you see the eye to detail,the accuracy of the pass, it's the weight of the pass and the decision making in the games, that makes top players stand out form average players" - Rene' Meulensteen,

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Sorry, edited for accuracy ....
black wrote:
Alot of Australian coaches are not sufficiently flexible or adaptable for change at the moment.
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

black
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by black »

Željko Jurin wrote:Sorry, edited for accuracy ....
black wrote:
A lot of Australian coaches and clubs are not sufficiently flexible or adaptable for change at the moment.
Sorry, edited for accuracy....cheers
:)

"you see the eye to detail,the accuracy of the pass, it's the weight of the pass and the decision making in the games, that makes top players stand out form average players" - Rene' Meulensteen,

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Agree ...

(this is getting spooky) .... :lol:
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

black
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by black »

Željko Jurin wrote:Agree ...

This is whats called talking things over with your neighbor...when you do you'll find many a similarity on most topics......:)
All we have to do is agree to 3 things we can roll out in our respective clubs a for season 2013 and we are on our way....:)
My list has 16 items on the list that will change the landscape.
Within 3 years the FFSA will not be required...... :)

barchetta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by barchetta »

black wrote:
barchetta wrote:I guess the only way we'll know whether Skillaroos works is whether these players go on with it in years to come. I watched many of these boys last year and they did deserve selection on talent but some needed harnessing, particularly in team play. If Skillaroos can do this great, raw talent and vision leads to higher chance of success. Some will be challenged with the team play bit. These boys would've tasted success over the years, getting a thrashing will help them grow.

Getting thumped week in week out is nothing short of a form of negative reinforcement.
If a student starts out in school with a C- average (or has a learning disadvantage) then the expectation is to see them progress in some measurable way. This is not done by bashing them around the playground with a stick every week. If it was then they would not come back to the school. (as we are noticing at the moment with Skillaroos). The curriculum needs to be sufficiently flexible and adaptable for your students.

'Results' for effort is a tangible and measurable guide to progress in football.
Personally I have always found no more than 3 focus points for every or week as sufficient. (a week includes training leading up to and the game).
Note - There is a real difference between individual player focus points and team focus points.

Our curriculum is not sufficiently flexible or adaptable for our local environment at the moment.
Fair comment Black. If I was to be a little less dramatic I should've said, 'There is no harm in losing every now and again'. I've seen teams win week in week out, in theses situations keeping players focussed is sometimes a challenge. Getting flogged week in week out isn't flash either. I'm sure when these players return to their teams or move to others they will bring leadership skills.

black
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by black »

barchetta wrote:
black wrote:

Fair comment Black. If I was to be a little less dramatic I should've said, 'There is no harm in losing every now and again'. I've seen teams win week in week out, in theses situations keeping players focussed is sometimes a challenge. Getting flogged week in week out isn't flash either. I'm sure when these players return to their teams or move to others they will bring leadership skills.

good points.

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

I guess the only way we'll know whether Skillaroos works is whether these players go on

Well said

clubman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by clubman »

black wrote:
Željko Jurin wrote:Agree ...

This is whats called talking things over with your neighbor...when you do you'll find many a similarity on most topics......:)
All we have to do is agree to 3 things we can roll out in our respective clubs a for season 2013 and we are on our way....:)
My list has 16 items on the list that will change the landscape.
Within 3 years the FFSA will not be required...... :)

Is Raiders in. :?:

grumbly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by grumbly »

U17C

Anyone know the result for the White City game?