Adelaide Blue Eagles 2012 Scholarships

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Green_Manalishi »

Adelaide Blue Eagles are looking for the very best players born in 1997 or 1998 to play in their Under 19 squad for the 2012 season. Up to 6 positions will be set aside for these Scholarship positions. Players will be under the guidance of former Professional footballer Diego Pellegrini.

Trials begin Tuesday 4th October 2011, 6pm at Marden Sports Complex.

For further information contact Paul on 0438 846 163.

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Adelaide Blue Eagles 2012 Scholarships

Post by PhilDunphy »

not a bad initiative

black
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by black »

Green_Manalishi wrote:Adelaide Blue Eagles 2012 Scholarships

Adelaide Blue Eagles are looking for the very best players born in 1997 or 1998 to play in their Under 19 squad for the 2012 season. Up to 6 positions will be set aside for these Scholarship positions. Players will be under the guidance of former Professional footballer Diego Pellegrini.

I agree it sounds like a good and interesting initiative.
Out of interest how do you determine the very best.
Is 1998 born for u19's a big jump?
Would love to see more of this sort of initiative.
Hopefully its successful and other clubs pick it up...
Good luck with it.
1/6.... but still 6. :)

"you see the eye to detail,the accuracy of the pass, it's the weight of the pass and the decision making in the games, that makes top players stand out form average players" - Rene' Meulensteen,

sulmona
Star Player
Star Player

Post by sulmona »

black wrote:
Green_Manalishi wrote:Adelaide Blue Eagles 2012 Scholarships

I agree it sounds like a good and interesting initiative.
Out of interest how do you determine the very best.
Is 1998 born for u19's a big jump?
Would love to see more of this sort of initiative.
Hopefully its successful and other clubs pick it up...
Good luck with it.
most clubs that tried it, gave it away10+ years ago.
God knows we already have too many egotistical Coaches and Parents.
Everyone is a champion at 14.

churchill
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by churchill »

IMO, 14 years old is far too early to play u19s, 15 years old probably still too young except for the exceptional talented players skill wise and physical wise

I long for the old days where the players had to earn the right to play at a higher level that was based on talent and committment rather than how young you are and so you had players that were 18 and 19 years old that were playing in the 19s competition and so was a higher standard than it is now.

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

+1

on-side
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by on-side »

churchill wrote:IMO, 14 years old is far too early to play u19s, 15 years old probably still too young except for the exceptional talented players skill wise and physical wise

I long for the old days where the players had to earn the right to play at a higher level that was based on talent and committment rather than how young you are and so you had players that were 18 and 19 years old that were playing in the 19s competition and so was a higher standard than it is now.
I totally agree. Where is the duty of care for these young players competing against "men" in most cases?

However I also believe that it is a requirement if you play for SASI that you compete in U19s or above and I would assume some of the SASI players are only 14 or 15?

Allrise
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Allrise »

on-side wrote:
churchill wrote:IMO, 14 years old is far too early to play u19s, 15 years old probably still too young except for the exceptional talented players skill wise and physical wise

I totally agree. Where is the duty of care for these young players competing against "men" in most cases?

However I also believe that it is a requirement if you play for SASI that you compete in U19s or above and I would assume some of the SASI players are only 14 or 15?
you are correct as this year's squad pretty much that with a few 16 year olds. however sasi plays in the Super League Reserves comp.