How is stic training going?

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: How is stic training going?

Post by rabbit »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:I watched a fair few games, and I don't remember one final score..... some great football played, well done kids
Oh, pleeease..... :roll:

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

rabbit wrote:
Zeljko Jurin wrote:I watched a fair few games, and I don't remember one final score..... some great football played, well done kids
Oh, pleeease..... :roll:
Did I say something wrong ? :shock:
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Chalky wrote:Clubman, interesting about your comment some east players going west. The FFSA need to get a handle on this and stop it, they should not allow kids to trial at more than one zone, DONE, FINISHED, END OF STORY, seems simple to me. I don’t care on what technicality, it’s easy check the list of kids being nominated and make sure they are only going to one zone. Not difficult to do IMO. If anything, it gives more attention to the player in a negative light cause he has gone out to two zones, which gives the impression he didn’t make the first one. Then you get those idiot parents who want everyone to think their little Johnny is so special that both zones want him, just pathetic. Easy fixed, if players have more than one zone to choose from, make your selection and that's it, no second chances.
Chalky

Your facts are wrong .. only one player an underage who may have had an option for either East or West but chose to go West (also upon recommendation of FFSA) went West. There were no other Eastern players nominated for East that went West. West had an Eastern Keeper and East had a Western Keeper but the keeper set up was a completely different scenario.

Cruyff
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cruyff »

Does anyone know the password handed out for Sports in Focus to enter their website and look at the photos from the weekend.

grumbly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by grumbly »

West (U14) also had a keeper from North.
Funny system with keepers this year.

Purger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Purger »

grumbly wrote:West (U14) also had a keeper from North.
Funny system with keepers this year.
actually, the system was pretty good this year with the gks. there were 29 odd gks all getting good game time, it didnt matter where they played as long as they did play!
there was also 5 gk coaches there throughout the weekend assessing all the gks, I of which saw 25 of them play atleast half a game!

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

So, probably would have seen at least 5 mins of each keeper in action then....?

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

:?
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Purger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Purger »

rabbit wrote:So, probably would have seen at least 5 mins of each keeper in action then....?
i think the halves were 25 minutes long!!

Chalky
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Chalky »

Well that is interesting Citi, as he was in fact seen at the East and West? See my point now. Why didn’t he just go to west then? What was the point in coming to the East?

Allrise
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Allrise »

did they have a stall selling compasses :?: you would have made a killing :!:

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

Purger wrote:
rabbit wrote:So, probably would have seen at least 5 mins of each keeper in action then....?
i think the halves were 25 minutes long!!
And the keepers were "in action" for the full 25 minutes were they?

grumbly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by grumbly »

Well they were on the pitch at least :)
Generally all got half a game each in the 14's, some saw more action than others as is to be expected.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Chalky wrote:Well that is interesting Citi, as he was in fact seen at the East and West? See my point now. Why didn’t he just go to west then? What was the point in coming to the East?
Just relaying what I know .. which is probably very little .. anyway point I was trying to make is that it was not a major issue and there was only one boy who trialled at both zones and the reason for the boy going to West may not have been his choice I dont really know enough and so cant make any more comment re this but just dont think negative comments should be directed towards to boy regarding where he played.

Purger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Purger »

grumbly wrote:Well they were on the pitch at least :)
Generally all got half a game each in the 14's, some saw more action than others as is to be expected.
thats right, and gks dont have to be involved in the action for them to be assessed either but it all depends what your looking at and what you want to see!

Chalky
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Chalky »

Really Citi, at what point was I making negative comments about the boy? If you read my posts again, my issue is about trialling at one zone, simple.

hudsona
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hudsona »

anyone have thoughts or observations about how the keepers played out from the back....and supporting defenders during play?... especially in comparison to previous years.

Purger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Purger »

hudsona wrote:anyone have thoughts or observations about how the keepers played out from the back....and supporting defenders during play?... especially in comparison to previous years.
the general consensus was that this years 12s were ahead of last years 12s with regards to playing out. the coaches really need to be congratulated on that.

it was quite obvious that the 13s and 14s had also made huge progress in that area too, but was what pleasing was speaking to some coaches who were not involved with STIC on their thoughts and ideas about playing out from the back. they were also open to other options and ideas on how to overcome certain situations!

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

Purger wrote:
grumbly wrote:Well they were on the pitch at least :)
thats right, and gks dont have to be involved in the action for them to be assessed either but it all depends what your looking at and what you want to see!
On the assumption that they have already been assessed at a different time "whilst involved in the action" :wink:

hudsona
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hudsona »

... but was what pleasing was speaking to some coaches who were not involved with STIC on their thoughts and ideas about playing out from the back. they were also open to other options and ideas on how to overcome certain situations![/quote]

....care to expand on that :)...specifically what other options and ideas on overcoming what specific situations? :)

black
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by black »

before the thread gets too poisonous , where to from here for stic and the kids?
What is or should happen now?
1/6.... but still 6. :)

"you see the eye to detail,the accuracy of the pass, it's the weight of the pass and the decision making in the games, that makes top players stand out form average players" - Rene' Meulensteen,

Jeda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jeda »

black wrote:before the thread gets too poisonous , where to from here for stic and the kids?
What is or should happen now?
:| good question shame our governing bodies can't communicate :P
I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.
- John Maynard Keynes