FFSA Elite program for u/10 and u/11

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: FFSA Elite program for u/10 and u/11

Post by Ginger Pele »

liverpool wrote:Sap went really well. Both under 10 & 11 squads were exposed to some excellent training drills. Quite a few players missing due to holidays. GP, you should make some time for a look see, as you will enyoy the training drills to pass on to your team. The kids didn't look nervous, but they certainly enjoyed themselves. :D
Will pop down on Thursday if not cancelled with the heat,glad it went well LP and by the sounds of your excitement I reckon you were the biggest kid there out of the lot of them :lol:

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Dont 'pop down' on Thursday, you'll have to 'go up'........ its at Gleeson on Thurs
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:Dont 'pop down' on Thursday, you'll have to 'go up'........ its at Gleeson on Thurs
Sorry ZJ,I did know that,just a figure of speech.Thanks anyway

Being a pom I get a bit confused at times :? :lol:

liverpool
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by liverpool »

Gleeson, Thurs. Underdale Tuesday next week and back at Gleeson next Thursday weather permitting :lol:

clubman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by clubman »

leeds city wrote:ONE QUESTION!!!!!
What are Richie Alagich,s Qualifications as a Junior development coach ( I appreciate he played at a decent Standard ) but so did Bobby Moore+ Bobby Charlton world cup winners both FAILED as coaches one at Southend the other at Preston.

Does Richie hold a FIFA Academy Managers Licence which in Europe is required to be obtained AFTER you qualify for your UEFA " A " and is not a short course, for Coaches wishing to work with Juniors in Academys or Schools of Excellence.

IF not then WHAT are the BENEFITS for young players attending this scheme , that they cannot gain from SOME!!!!!!! of the qualified coaches at Club Level.

Top European Clubs (Professionals ) 9s 10s + 11s train 3 nights and play 1 game, however they have EXPERT medical advice Sports Pyscology etc etc as well as Academy Manager Qualified Coaches and Assistants with UEFA A licences studying for Managers qualifications.

I honestly APPLAUD the FFSA,s intentions, yet honestly wonder if this is an attempt to counter Adelaide United,s ( " elite " Academey" ) and ALL the other Private Academys.

BEAR in mind FIFA regs are an Academy must have a QUALIFIED Academy Manager or it can only be a "school of Excellence"

Perhaps The FFSA would be better in the first instance obtaining the services of a properly qulified person and working with Club coaches who themselves are qualified for Youth development.

Marquee Coaches smacks of Elitism and if you have the tracksuit your child must be a good player.

We need to develop the game in SA but must MOVE Away from the OLD Boys club and its not what you know but WHO you know attitude or we will never have a player in the Next AUSSIE World Cup Squad

Heard rumors Richie Alagich doing skillaroos COACHING LOTS OF TEAMS

Jeda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jeda »

clubman wrote:
What are Richie Alagich,s Qualifications as a Junior development coach ( I appreciate he played at a decent Standard ) but so did Bobby Moore+ Bobby Charlton world cup winners both FAILED as coaches one at Southend the other at Preston.

Does Richie hold a FIFA Academy Managers Licence which in Europe is required to be obtained AFTER you qualify for your UEFA " A " and is not a short course, for Coaches wishing to work with Juniors in Academys or Schools of Excellence.

IF not then WHAT are the BENEFITS for young players attending this scheme , that they cannot gain from SOME!!!!!!! of the qualified coaches at Club Level.

Top European Clubs (Professionals ) 9s 10s + 11s train 3 nights and play 1 game, however they have EXPERT medical advice Sports Pyscology etc etc as well as Academy Manager Qualified Coaches and Assistants with UEFA A licences studying for Managers qualifications.

I honestly APPLAUD the FFSA,s intentions, yet honestly wonder if this is an attempt to counter Adelaide United,s ( " elite " Academey" ) and ALL the other Private Academys.

BEAR in mind FIFA regs are an Academy must have a QUALIFIED Academy Manager or it can only be a "school of Excellence"

Perhaps The FFSA would be better in the first instance obtaining the services of a properly qulified person and working with Club coaches who themselves are qualified for Youth development.

Marquee Coaches smacks of Elitism and if you have the tracksuit your child must be a good player.

We need to develop the game in SA but must MOVE Away from the OLD Boys club and its not what you know but WHO you know attitude or we will never have a player in the Next AUSSIE World Cup Squad
:| heard that he is after players with speed & pace over skills & technique :arrow: anyone know the requirements for richies teams :?:

I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.
- John Maynard Keynes

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Definately NOT !!!!

A question was asked by a Junior co-ordinator from another club at the 'North" meeting before the trials for SAP occurred, asking Richie "do you want us (the clubs) to nominate for the trials, the fastest kids or the most skillful kids?"
Richie's answer, "I want the most technically advanced kids, the best of the best, not the fastest or biggest or strongest"

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Jeda wrote:
clubman wrote:

:| heard that he is after players with speed & pace over skills & technique :arrow: anyone know the requirements for richies teams :?:

Shows how much you guys know

Richie doesnt play anymore so has time to coach the various age groups and in regards to speed and pace over technique you must be dreaming :clown:

gramps
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by gramps »

We are still forgetting the fact that there is still the old 'political' issue to overcome. As a parent it would have been nice to hear that these trials were taking place. Some of us found out 3rd hand after the fact. In the end it's always how well the parent gets along with the coach, not always how good the kids are. B4 anyone says it, there are no sour grapes here. My sons good, and there will always be other chances.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Clubs should have spoken with their coaches,
If your son is in the best 2 or 3 at your club for his age group and didn't get nominated, then you have a serious problem with your coach....

And if you do have a problem with your coach, then this 'non trialling' will continue because that's how kids get nominated for STIC and AU Academy, by your coach !

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

gramps wrote:We are still forgetting the fact that there is still the old 'political' issue to overcome. As a parent it would have been nice to hear that these trials were taking place. Some of us found out 3rd hand after the fact. In the end it's always how well the parent gets along with the coach, not always how good the kids are. B4 anyone says it, there are no sour grapes here. My sons good, and there will always be other chances.
Coaches from all clubs were invited to listen to Richies blueprint for the SAP Program late last year.He did it in zones and asked us coaches to send the' best of the best' for the trials he had planned.

Your sons coach would have been amongst those invited unless the club you are involved in didnt pass on the information to him.

It is unfortuanate that your son missed out on the trials but if he is a good young player he wont get lost in the system as I'm sure he will get opportunities,

I suggest having a chat with your sons club and coach to see where the mix-up has occurred and why your son wasnt nominated

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Popped out to the SAP for a look and to learn a bit.

Some great stuff being taught to the kids and some real quality on show.

Keep up the good work guys,will defo pop out to some more to get some good coaching tips

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

It is fantastic to see kids of this age playing and training the way they have been, a joy to watch ......

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:It is fantastic to see kids of this age playing and training the way they have been, a joy to watch ......
+1

For all the sceptics of this program do yourself a favour and take a look at the quality coaching these kids are getting if you get a chance to get to some sessions

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

There should be NO sceptics, it's FREE.... so a win / win for child and parent !

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Have seen them train, know some of the boys ... and it is definately not the 'best of the best'

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Citi wrote:Have seen them train, know some of the boys ... and it is definately not the 'best of the best'
Really, so who has missed out then that did get to trial by their clubs ?

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:There should be NO sceptics, it's FREE.... so a win / win for child and parent !
Citi wrote:Have seen them train, know some of the boys ... and it is definately not the 'best of the best'
Told Ya ZJ! :lol:

liverpool
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by liverpool »

So Citi, please explain! What is the best of the best?
What qualities in a young player would you be looking for?
Are you saying that you are more qualified to select a group of kids to participate in this program, more so than the 5 or 6 Guys involved with the trials?

Just remember that this program is a step in the right direction. 28 kids getting quality football training that they can take back to their respective clubs, Coaches educated, etc. This program if supported could lead into more programs and more kids participating learning to become the best footballers they can be.

Yes we all have our own opinions on different individuals, however having a positive attidude and encouaging children to work towards being selected in these programs is a must, to create a better standard and environment for these kids will only improve the standard in SA.

ITS A NO BRAINER, OR IS IT SOUR GRAPES?

harrycripps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by harrycripps »

I've been to a few of these sessions and would say that the standard of players is high. One thing that I have noticed is that the kids get on well and show respect to the coach.

Attitude is part of the make up fo becoming the best you can be, perhaps a kid missed out because his attitude wasn't right. Just a thought.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

There may be an issue that some clubs (not many though) originally didn't send out their 'best' players due to 'politics'...... its therefore an internal club matter that needs to be sorted internally......

I happens sometimes with STIC selections, remember a couple of years ago harrycripps ?? :wink:

Chalky
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Chalky »

Harrycripps …. Next time you go out and look at the U11’s SAP, do me a favor, take a closer look cause if you want to see attitude there will be one player that will stand out like a sore thumb, give him time as I am sure he is just warming up. You ain’t seen nothing yet!

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

U10 2001 born, or u11 2000 born ?

harrycripps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by harrycripps »

Chalky wrote:Harrycripps …. Next time you go out and look at the U11’s SAP, do me a favor, take a closer look cause if you want to see attitude there will be one player that will stand out like a sore thumb, give him time as I am sure he is just warming up. You ain’t seen nothing yet!
will do

Chalky
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Chalky »

Born 2000

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

If there is a Lad down there with " attitude", I'm SURE AU will sign him up. :lol:
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

Chalky
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Chalky »

Big Mac, don’t know if AU are up for the challenge as talent is also a prerequisite.

liverpool
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by liverpool »

Well done to Richie and Co, this morning. The SAP squads were treated to a special training session at Hindmarsh Stadium. The kids enjoyed the privilege of getting changed in the AU change rooms and having a special guest, Rini Coolen. The kids also had the added bonus of Rini coaching them.

It was a great day had by all. On behalf of all the Parents and Players. A big THANKYOU. to the Coaching staff, and to Rini for giving up his time and providing the opportunity. Im sure the kids wont forget this experience for a long time. :D :D :D :D

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

liverpool wrote:Well done to Richie and Co, this morning. The SAP squads were treated to a special training session at Hindmarsh Stadium. The kids enjoyed the privilege of getting changed in the AU change rooms and having a special guest, Rini Coolen. The kids also had the added bonus of Rini coaching them.

It was a great day had by all. On behalf of all the Parents and Players. A big THANKYOU. to the Coaching staff, and to Rini for giving up his time and providing the opportunity. Im sure the kids wont forget this experience for a long time. :D :D :D :D
Thats Brilliant

Well done to all involved and may the kids prosper.

Great stuff Richie and the crew

harrycripps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by harrycripps »

Great effort Rini, Richie and Vlado :D

Whatever Rini Coolen brings to Adelaide football, I believe his legacy will be that SA youth will have been given every opportunity to represent the State at the highest level.

Keep up the good work