RAIDERS JUNIOR FC info for 2011

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

RAIDERS JUNIOR FC info for 2011

Post by Željko Jurin »

http://www.croatiaraiders.com.au/trials

RAIDERS COACHING DIRECTOR

We are pleased to announce that Mark Curtis will take on the role as coaching director for season 2011. Mark brings his knowledge and expertise of over 15 years in junior coaching to the club, and will work across all age groups ensuring the highest possible standard of coaching is delivered. Marks coaching experience includes:

• Wycombe Wanderers Youth team
• Prestwood Football Club (senior team)
• UEFA B 'part I' (FA coaching certificate)
• UEFA B 'part II' (FA coaching licence)
• Experienced Coach Educator.

The club is delighted to include another fine coach to its staff and is looking forward to further progressing the clubs development pathway for its players and coaches.

RAIDERS ELITE JUNIOR FOOTBALL SQUADS

The Raiders Junior football is pleased to announce Carl Maynard as the clubs 'Elite squad' coach. The program, that will be free of charge, will be open to the clubs most promising players born in 1999, 1998, and 1997.

Sessions will focus on football technique, Co-ordination, Principles of movement, Positive attacking principles, group and combination play, game awareness, and encouraging the players natural flair.

Carls outstanding reputation along with his footballing ethos compliments the clubs long term plan and approach to junior development. Carl has worked with a number of Players who are now plying their trade in the A-League and professionally in overseas leagues. Carls' coaching experience includes:

• Football schools of excellence (English professional clubs)
• SASI skills coach (Mens & womens)
• Full time development coach (South Australia Soccer federation)
• Extensive youth academy experience.
• Super League Head Coach

To be considered for the program, players will need to secure their positions first through the Clubs trials process which will commence in October. Identified players will then be offered a place in this program. This is an opportunity to learn from arguably one of the best coaches in South Australia who has an outstanding demeanour and reputation in developing players.

Raiders Football Club would like to invite players to the trials for the 2011 season.
All trials will be held at the Croatian Sports Centre, State Sports Park, Main North Road, Gepps Cross.

Please note, unless other wise specified, these are open trials – all positions are vacant and assessments will begin from the first trial. Players may be advised that they are unsuccessful in obtaining a position in the squad at any time during the trial process. Additional trials may be added at the coach and clubs discretion.

If you are successful in securing a position, you will be required to pay a deposit at the final trial to secure a place in that team for 2011. Further information will be made available at the trials.

Trial dates and times are as follows;

Under 9 - For Vacant Positions

■ Saturday 16th October 12:00 midday
■ Sunday 17th October at 12:00 midday

Under 10 - For Vacant Positions

Under 11

■ Wednesday 6th October at 6:30pm
■ Saturday 9th October at 12:00 midday
■ Sunday 10th October at 12:00 midday

Under 12 - Junior Premier League and State League Team

Under 13 - Junior Premier League Team

■ Saturday 9th October at 10:30am
■ Sunday 10th October at 10:30am

Under 14 - Junior Premier League Team

■ Thursday 7th October at 6:30pm
■ Saturday 9th October at 1:30pm
■ Sunday 10th October at 1:30pm

Under 15 - Junior Premier League Team

■ Saturday 9th October at 3:00pm
■ Sunday 10th October at 3:00pm
■ Tuesday 12th October at 6:30pm

Under 16 - Junior Premier League Team

■ Saturday 9th October at 9:00am
■ Sunday 10th October at 9:00am

Under 17 - Junior Premier League and State League Team

■ Wednesday 13th October at 6:30pm
■ Saturday 16th October 10:00am
■ Sunday 17th October at 10:00am
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Soap Box
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: RAIDERS JUNIOR FC info for 2011

Post by Soap Box »

Sounds like Raiders will have a good coaching team but the fees might not be affordable. How much will the junior playing fees be at Raiders next year.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Pretty much the same as this year I think, which is cheaper then ALOT of other FFSA clubs :wink:

Soap Box
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Soap Box »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:Pretty much the same as this year I think, which is cheaper then ALOT of other FFSA clubs :wink:
sorry I dont know how much it was this year

Iamthelaw
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Iamthelaw »

Soap Box wrote:Sounds like Raiders will have a good coaching team but the fees might not be affordable. How much will the junior playing fees be at Raiders next year.
depends on your age group and if you are returning or not.
like other clubs, our fees are designed to cover running costs. unlike other clubs, our fees dont pay our seniors. :wink:
our fees are published at our trails, so anyone trialing will know before they sign up what the fees will be.
------------------------------------------------------
Official Raiders Website
www.croatiaraiders.com.au

harrycripps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by harrycripps »

I think we paid between $430 and $450 each for my three, reckon closer to $500 this year, but will be worth it. From what i hear from other parents at other clubs that is very good value for money.

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

Sounds like good value and well done to Raiders for continuing with their developement program :!:

Soap Box
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Soap Box »

harrycripps wrote:I think we paid between $430 and $450 each for my three, reckon closer to $500 this year, but will be worth it. From what i hear from other parents at other clubs that is very good value for money.
Gawler SC was $460 and is an up and coming club with a big focus on juniors.

As well as looking at the Coaches, parents really need to weigh up what value they get for their dollar. Do the kids get to keep there playing strips for one thing. Maybe not at Raiders, but some FFSA clubs give a big discount for 2nd and 3rd child playing from the same family. So I'm sure the fees probably all work out to about the same.

In spite of what people often think soccer is not as expensive as some sports and when you think that the season starts in late January for most clubs with their preseason training and ends in September $500 is not a lot of money for 8 months of coaching, development and organised competition. :)

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Yes, you get 2 sets of NIKE strips (playing and training set) and a Nike tracksuit top

Dont forget our fees include ALL the pitch maintenance for our 4 pitches (as we own our complex ourselves), council does ZERO for us, so those clubs that charge $600+ and have the council maintain their grounds/water, I wonder where all thier junior $$$$$ go ?? :?

Iamthelaw
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Iamthelaw »

at the end of the day, each club will charge what they deem appropriate. if people dont like it, they should go to another club that they feel will suit their needs.
it really is that simple. but look at the bigger picture - the clubs charging the most, are not exactly short on players, and if the parents are happy to pay, and the kids are happy, great. so good luck to them.
Official Raiders Website

Iamthelaw
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Iamthelaw »

Soap Box wrote:
harrycripps wrote:I think we paid between $430 and $450 each for my three, reckon closer to $500 this year, but will be worth it. From what i hear from other parents at other clubs that is very good value for money.

As well as looking at the Coaches, parents really need to weigh up what value they get for their dollar. Do the kids get to keep there playing strips for one thing. Maybe not at Raiders, but some FFSA clubs give a big discount for 2nd and 3rd child playing from the same family. So I'm sure the fees probably all work out to about the same.

In spite of what people often think soccer is not as expensive as some sports and when you think that the season starts in late January for most clubs with their preseason training and ends in September $500 is not a lot of money for 8 months of coaching, development and organised competition. :)
$500/8 months is approx $16 per week. cost of a couple of beers at the pub! you are right, its not much at all. but people still think its overpriced!!!
Official Raiders Website

kamikaze
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kamikaze »

Iamthelaw wrote:
Soap Box wrote:

$500/8 months is approx $16 per week. cost of a couple of beers at the pub! you are right, its not much at all. but people still think its overpriced!!!
good point .funny how people complain about fees but turn around and blow it on booze and dont think twice..

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

Nova wrote:Sounds like good value and well done to Raiders for continuing with their developement program :!:

+1
Who?... Who is but a form, followed by the function of what... And what I am, is a man in a mask!

Jeda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jeda »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:http://www.croatiaraiders.com.au/trials

We are pleased to announce that Mark Curtis
:shock: hope you've got his temper sorted :| has no patience for the slow kids :( but he's a decent director 8)
I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.
- John Maynard Keynes

Soap Box
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Soap Box »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:Yes, you get 2 sets of NIKE strips (playing and training set) and a Nike tracksuit top
?
Assume you have been able to get a good price on Nike, can I ask who your supplier is? It is difficult to get a reliable supplier who will guarantee clubs get their order in before the season starts.

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

well done to raiders . this is a very positive step . excellent . take my hat off to your club , willing to take this path .

Iamthelaw
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Iamthelaw »

corona wrote:well done to raiders . this is a very positive step . excellent . take my hat off to your club , willing to take this path .
thank you. but the job is not even half done. getting the resource and structure in place is the first step - following through with it now and delivering will be the harder part. Definately a long term plan, but not impossible provided we stay focused. Should be an interesting season 2011.
Official Raiders Website

Killa Pass
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Killa Pass »

Iamthelaw wrote:
corona wrote:well done to raiders . this is a very positive step . excellent . take my hat off to your club , willing to take this path .
thank you. but the job is not even half done. getting the resource and structure in place is the first step - following through with it now and delivering will be the harder part. Definately a long term plan, but not impossible provided we stay focused. Should be an interesting season 2011.
SO TRUE...it's only the start.... :idea: Interesting to see season 2016 :wink:

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

8)

sulmona
Star Player
Star Player

Post by sulmona »

Yes, well done, I particularly enjoyed the never missing dig at nameless Clubs that use fees to prop up seniors.
Obviously can cast the first stone! :wink:

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

sulmona wrote:
Yes, well done, I particularly enjoyed the never missing dig at nameless Clubs that use fees to prop up seniors.
Obviously can cast the first stone! :wink:
Profesore, stay off the junior forum, little fat bald men dont belong here !!

Killa Pass
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Killa Pass »

8)

sulmona
Star Player
Star Player

Post by sulmona »

Iamthelaw wrote:
Soap Box wrote:Sounds like Raiders will have a good coaching team but the fees might not be affordable. How much will the junior playing fees be at Raiders next year.
depends on your age group and if you are returning or not.
like other clubs, our fees are designed to cover running costs. unlike other clubs, our fees dont pay our seniors. :wink:
our fees are published at our trails, so anyone trialing will know before they sign up what the fees will be.
Which Club use junior fees to pay for Seniors???

Killa Pass
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Killa Pass »

8)

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

8) 8)

Killa Pass
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Killa Pass »

8) 8) 8)

manutd64
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by manutd64 »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:http://www.croatiaraiders.com.au/trials

We are pleased to announce that Mark Curtis will take on the role as coaching director for season 2011. Mark brings his knowledge and expertise of over 15 years in junior coaching to the club, and will work across all age groups ensuring the highest possible standard of coaching is delivered. Marks coaching experience includes:

• Wycombe Wanderers Youth team
• Prestwood Football Club (senior team)
• UEFA B 'part I' (FA coaching certificate)
• UEFA B 'part II' (FA coaching licence)

The club is delighted to include another fine coach to its staff and is looking forward to further progressing the clubs development pathway for its players and coaches.

RAIDERS ELITE JUNIOR FOOTBALL SQUADS

The Raiders Junior football is pleased to announce Carl Maynard as the clubs 'Elite squad' coach. The program, that will be free of charge, will be open to the clubs most promising players born in 1999, 1998, and 1997.

Sessions will focus on football technique, Co-ordination, Principles of movement, Positive attacking principles, group and combination play, game awareness, and encouraging the players natural flair.

Carls outstanding reputation along with his footballing ethos compliments the clubs long term plan and approach to junior development. Carl has worked with a number of Players who are now plying their trade in the A-League and professionally in overseas leagues. Carls' coaching experience includes:

• Football schools of excellence (English professional clubs)
• SASI skills coach (Mens & womens)
• Full time development coach (South Australia Soccer federation)
• Extensive youth academy experience.
• Super League Head Coach

To be considered for the program, players will need to secure their positions first through the Clubs trials process which will commence in October. Identified players will then be offered a place in this program. This is an opportunity to learn from arguably one of the best coaches in South Australia who has an outstanding demeanour and reputation in developing players.

Raiders Football Club would like to invite players to the trials for the 2011 season.
All trials will be held at the Croatian Sports Centre, State Sports Park, Main North Road, Gepps Cross.

Please note, unless other wise specified, these are open trials – all positions are vacant and assessments will begin from the first trial. Players may be advised that they are unsuccessful in obtaining a position in the squad at any time during the trial process. Additional trials may be added at the coach and clubs discretion.

If you are successful in securing a position, you will be required to pay a deposit at the final trial to secure a place in that team for 2011. Further information will be made available at the trials.

Trial dates and times are as follows;

Under 9 - For Vacant Positions

Under 10 - For Vacant Positions

Under 11

Under 12 - Junior Premier League and State League Team

Under 13 - Junior Premier League Team

■ Saturday 9th October at 10:30am
■ Sunday 10th October at 10:30am

Under 14 - Junior Premier League Team

■ Thursday 7th October at 6:30pm
■ Saturday 9th October at 1:30pm
■ Sunday 10th October at 1:30pm

Under 15 - Junior Premier League Team

■ Saturday 9th October at 3:00pm
■ Sunday 10th October at 3:00pm

Under 16 - Junior Premier League Team

■ Saturday 9th October at 9:00am
■ Sunday 10th October at 9:00am

Under 17 - Junior Premier League and State League Team

■ Wednesday 13th October at 6:30pm
■ Saturday 16th October 10:00am
■ Sunday 17th October at 10:00am

who is coaching 17s at raiders

Killa Pass
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Killa Pass »

Rory Pederson 17's coach at Raiders

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

is this the up to date coaches list?
Senior: John Kosmina
Reserves:
Under 19: Tony Reeves
Under 17: Rory Pederson
Under 16: Ian Button
Under 15: Graham Forshaw & Carl Jones
Under 14: Nenad Sosa
Under 13: Colin Miller
Under 12 (Junior Prem League): Scott Morrison
Under 12 (State League) : Charles Neubauer
Under 11: Paul Crout
Under 10: Anton Jukic
Under 10: Frank Fazzari
Under 9: Mike Grdosic
Under 9:
Under 8: Paul Rasic
SSF: Branko Suica

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

t9rres wrote:is this the up to date coaches list?
Senior: John Kosmina
Reserves:
Under 19: Tony Reeves
Under 17: Rory Pederson
Under 16: Ian Button
Under 15: Graham Forshaw & Carl Jones
Under 14: Nenad Sosa
Under 13: Colin Miller
Under 12 (Junior Prem League): Scott Morrison
Under 12 (State League) : Charles Neubauer
Under 11: Paul Crout
Under 10: Anton Jukic