Salisbury Council screw up big time.

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

amazed
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Salisbury Council screw up big time.

Post by amazed »

The Salisbury Council need a bomb put up there muscat. Salisbury United Junior Soccer Club were promised no inconvenience. What a joke! They currently have no pitch's to train on or to play on. New pitch not ready til the begining of May, Yes the new pitch belongs to them never were the federation club getting a new pitch to train or play on, they still only have 1 pitch. Weren't suppose to touch other pitch's until new pitch was ready, instead they dicide at the start of the season to start tearing them up, so my question Salisbury Council is were are our children suppose to train and play there first 4 rounds, don't forget daylight savings finishes soon and didn't the season finish last year in September giving you ample time to complete all work!!!!!! Does anyone down there no what they are doing.

I am a very angry and disgruntled parent who feels sorry for the committee who now have so much added workload. I hope the club is getting some sort of compensation????
:evil: :x :x :x :evil:

homer
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Salisbury Council screw up big time.

Post by homer »

:evil: :x :x :x :evil:[/quote]

wow - he's angry alright
We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease
George W. Bush

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

amazed wrote:The Salisbury Council need a bomb put up there muscat. Salisbury United Junior Soccer Club were promised no inconvenience. What a joke! They currently have no pitch's to train on or to play on. New pitch not ready til the begining of May, Yes the new pitch belongs to them never were the federation club getting a new pitch to train or play on, they still only have 1 pitch. Weren't suppose to touch other pitch's until new pitch was ready, instead they dicide at the start of the season to start tearing them up, so my question Salisbury Council is were are our children suppose to train and play there first 4 rounds, don't forget daylight savings finishes soon and didn't the season finish last year in September giving you ample time to complete all work!!!!!! Does anyone down there no what they are doing.

I am a very angry and disgruntled parent who feels sorry for the committee who now have so much added workload. I hope the club is getting some sort of compensation????
Salisbury Council only approved the work, Federal Government funded it with a private company doing the work.

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

isnt the pitch directly behind the clubrooms still available whilst the new pitch thats replaced the old netball courts get relaid this week. the main pitch should be ready for the season, with great new lights, then the clubrooms are to be extended also. $4,000,000 worth of work, a few weeks of inconveniance and jarvis park will be 100% improvement.
things happen for a reason

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

:shock:

$4m grant and complain? Seriously, cant you see the big picture here?......... :roll:
Ignore this signature

pannafc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pannafc »

i think what he is saying is that salisbury were told by the time the season started the pitches will be done , now they've ripped up the pther to pitches out the back and the fed clubs pitch isnt to be used to the season starts , so that leaves the junior club with out anything to train or play on until about round 5 , were do they play and train in the mean time ?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I sympathise, honestly, but trusting any council or other "government" type department and you are playing with fire.
Ignore this signature

info
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by info »

amazed wrote:The Salisbury Council need a bomb put up there muscat. Salisbury United Junior Soccer Club were promised no inconvenience. What a joke! They currently have no pitch's to train on or to play on. New pitch not ready til the begining of May, Yes the new pitch belongs to them never were the federation club getting a new pitch to train or play on, they still only have 1 pitch. Weren't suppose to touch other pitch's until new pitch was ready, instead they dicide at the start of the season to start tearing them up, so my question Salisbury Council is were are our children suppose to train and play there first 4 rounds, don't forget daylight savings finishes soon and didn't the season finish last year in September giving you ample time to complete all work!!!!!! Does anyone down there no what they are doing.

I think you should look at what you are getting ....... could be worse just ask Metro, ADE Hills when they replaced their pitches they had a full year of using other clubs pitches .....anyway why is any council approving a full pitch replacement when we are in water restrictions.

pannafc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pannafc »

well bomber i think it was either that or take nothing at all i no what i would choose

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

info wrote:anyway why is any council approving a full pitch replacement when we are in water restrictions.
Do they have water restrictions in Salisbury? Don't they have a stormwater harvesting program?
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

pannafc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pannafc »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
info wrote:anyway why is any council approving a full pitch replacement when we are in water restrictions.
Do they have water restrictions in Salisbury? Don't they have a stormwater harvesting program?
they got the bore water system

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

pannafc wrote:i think what he is saying is that salisbury were told by the time the season started the pitches will be done , now they've ripped up the pther to pitches out the back and the fed clubs pitch isnt to be used to the season starts , so that leaves the junior club with out anything to train or play on until about round 5 , were do they play and train in the mean time ?
And fair enough you guys are angry but answer yourselves this question first. Do all the money you make in 1 season from your juniors combined equal anything near $4 million dollars??? Im willing to bet that your juniors dont make that sort of money combined in 25 years let alone 1, so a little inconvenience for a 4 million dollar refurbishment of whatever is an inconvenience im sure most other clubs would jump up and down for. Have some patience guys 8)
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

pannafc wrote:they got the bore water system
not bore water..recycled water thats fed from greenfields wet lands and underwater aquafers..

have salisbury jsc approached any other clubs or even the council to use other grounds in council area? there are a few ares in the north west of council area that could be utilised if necassary.

pitch behind clubrooms looked ok last week

pannafc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pannafc »

COLOSSUS wrote:
pannafc wrote:i think what he is saying is that salisbury were told by the time the season started the pitches will be done , now they've ripped up the pther to pitches out the back and the fed clubs pitch isnt to be used to the season starts , so that leaves the junior club with out anything to train or play on until about round 5 , were do they play and train in the mean time ?
And fair enough you guys are angry but answer yourselves this question first. Do all the money you make in 1 season from your juniors combined equal anything near $4 million dollars??? Im willing to bet that your juniors dont make that sort of money combined in 25 years let alone 1, so a little inconvenience for a 4 million dollar refurbishment of whatever is an inconvenience im sure most other clubs would jump up and down for. Have some patience guys 8)
im not a parent and im not angry basically i just dont care just stating what the first guy said , if you read my 2nd post i said id rather take the 4 million dollars then nothing

pannafc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pannafc »

robinfriday10 wrote:
pannafc wrote:they got the bore water system
not bore water..recycled water thats fed from greenfields wet lands and underwater aquafers..

have salisbury jsc approached any other clubs or even the council to use other grounds in council area? there are a few ares in the north west of council area that could be utilised if necassary.

pitch behind clubrooms looked ok last week
so why is there a 2 signs on the fence that say bore water in use were the pump is or are my eyes misleading me ??

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

my bad panna :oops:

yiddo
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by yiddo »

Isnt the bore the mechanism that pumps the water out of the wet lands

Jean Claude
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jean Claude »

yiddo wrote:Isnt the bore the mechanism that pumps the water out of the wet lands
Stormwater makes it way through the drains into the wetlands to be naturally 'filtered'. They then inject that water into the aquifer (which isnt a void in the ground as some think, but rather a layer of rock). When they want to water they turn on a pissy little pump, then the water extracts & makes it way through the new pipe network. (it takes more effort to inject than extract - due the the rock layer)

Brahma Lodge FC is hooked up & so are most schools/reserves in the Salisbury area.

TTG council has almost completed their first stages & Playford Council has just finished stage 1.

A little off topic I know :D

"I am the Fred Astaire of karate".

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Jean Claude wrote:
yiddo wrote:Isnt the bore the mechanism that pumps the water out of the wet lands
Stormwater makes it way through the drains into the wetlands to be naturally 'filtered'. They then inject that water into the aquifer (which isnt a void in the ground as some think, but rather a layer of rock). When they want to water they turn on a pissy little pump, then the water extracts & makes it way through the new pipe network. (it takes more effort to inject than extract - due the the rock layer)

Brahma Lodge FC is hooked up & so are most schools/reserves in the Salisbury area.

TTG council has almost completed their first stages & Playford Council has just finished stage 1.

A little off topic I know :D
Good description I believe

Jean Claude
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jean Claude »

^^^

Im doing the pipe installation :wink:

"I am the Fred Astaire of karate".

Golden Greek
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Golden Greek »

don't worry about the compensation. worry about the kids who arn't going to be playing

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I would have thought that the council at the very least could have earmarked a couple of schools/ovals (for example) in the area and get some makeshift pitches done up as an interim measure to help the kids out. Just a thought. Has this been put to them?
Ignore this signature

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Has in fact all junior training stopped, as implied in the original post?
Time for some righteous indignation

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

Seriously, a massive grant like that and you asking for compensation :lol: :lol: