REFEREES COSTING TEAMS GAMES

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: REFEREES COSTING TEAMS GAMES

Post by Barney Rubble »

soccer0709 wrote:Hey Barney
the game was at PHE the home team has to change strips under ED rules
as opposed to FFSA ( girls teams) where it is the away team that changes strips
Any way my info tells me that PHE were not at fault
PS Barney, what makes you think ( Mr. observant ) is male I just might be Mrs. :P
Nah women know Jack about soccer :oops:

Just kidding :D

Used to coach at PHE, nice club.
Will have to go back and take time to visit the place, grass roots n' all 8)
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

rabbit wrote:Or both in fact, if you are a friend of Barneys.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Watch it Rabbit or i'll set 'The Phantom' onto you :shock:

good win today :D

Hope you don't get Jet's next round :|

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

soccer0709 wrote:I see that you mentioned the team by name that supposedly was doing the gang tackling but you were remiss in mentioning which team the coach belonged to that was abusive to not only the referee but his own players. No doubt reports will be sent then lets see the real truth posted.

Indeed reports have been posted, and the team wearing red and black was not PHE... busy time at the disciplinary hearing this week for E&D...

trippin dee
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by trippin dee »

i am aware that Para hills east was wearing the change of strip.

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

Referees are blamed at every level of the game for costing teams points, and in some cases, championships and league titles. Most of the time there is defintely merit in any appeals or complaints that are likely to follow. I think we can all say we've been on the end of it.
If anybody is familiar with the SA Gaelic league, there is one fella that used to ref and had to cop it week in, week out from players (myself included) on the park totally gobsmacked and pissed off with one poor decision after another. One grand final, he over rode the scoreboard at the end of the game showing us winning by a point and declared the game a draw with a replay the week after and waved away absolutely EVERYBODY who told him different. And this was probably one of his good days. :lol:
Anyhow, whenever any complaints or appeals were put into the proper channels for review, the answer at the end of it was without fail "He's all we've got! Why don't YOU do it?"
My point is that this happens absolutely everywhwere at every level of the game, but in regards to local levels, the standard reply to any gripe with a referee will always be along the lines of "Why don't you get out there and referee then?" This is pretty much all refs and league admins have to deflect any spotlight aimed at the incompetence of their officials, but you'll hear it time and time again.
And while this is the mindset, there will be no improvement in refereeing, which means refs will continue to be abused, which means nobody wants to be a ref, which means there will be no improvement in refereeing........ and round and round we go.

banjo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by banjo »

There are many referees assessed each week. However, because there are so few referees not alot happens if they put in a poor performance. If more people were interested in refereeing then by sheer weight of numbers poor performers would be weeded out.

Harry Harpic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Harry Harpic »

Ok picture this . . .

mother gives birth and the doctor smacks the baby :shock:

Baby does not cry . . . . .

Doctor sticks a needle into the baby

"What you doing scream the parents"

"Testing the baby" replies the doctor.

"Well is it ok ? Is it a boy or a girl ?" ask the parents.

"Neither" replies the doctor

"My needle couldn't get through the skin and it broke !"

"Well, is it a boy or a girl" they ask again

"Neither" replied the doctor . . . .

"It's a referee" :lol:

Agree that it is best to writeit up immediately WITHOUT BIAS stating facts.
No emotional perspectives.

If you don't like it . . . . .

get a Referee's ticket under your belt.

goal!!!
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by goal!!! »

with out ref's the game will not go on. more people need to ref thats for sure , but what is needed is a good mentor program whwere the new ref's are tuaght both in aptitude and on going skills in the game ... i have had many younger refs in the 2 nd or 3rd year and they have been briallant .. its the older ref's that seem to be loosing the plot lol... but all said in done stuff like ffsa telling new ref's they cant ref for edjsa or they wont be recongonized is a JOKE ! well ffsa ref's baord , u cant screw the edjsa so you attack the next best thing ... you will loose ref's and gain a bad reputation as bullies and thugs .. how about actually supporting the different groups iinstead of trying to manipulate your own agenda...

i went to a meeting about the ffsa ref asking edra to pull out of edjsa so they had no ref;s at all ... what sort message are sending ? why are not supporting all soccer groups you are a disgrace to football and this attempt will only make people, parents and kids realize its not about the kids its about your agenda or $$$ either way , my opinion of the ffsa ref group has gone to 1% i was thinking about doing the course , but now i feel its not worth the hassle or the energy if ffsa wont recongize other forms of ref's who are far more experinced and care about the game

Well done simon your on a winner here

:)

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

1. look without a ref the game is open for destruction.

how about EVERYBODY gives a ref a fair go, a pat on the back if they have done well and . . . .

if not stick it in the memory bank and if you get the same ref again and he is still below what you expect . . . . Honestly . . .

have a friendly word :idea:

then if you get him/her a third time and still the same put in a match report.

after this . . . .

go back to line 1.

goal!!!
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by goal!!! »

well its better to report the ref with your critique Not abuse .. to your club or referee president this way you are constuctive on your opinion and you allwo the ref's to deal with the issues in a timely fashion with dignity for the ref who stuffed up , they are learning as with anything no one is perfect and think about it if you hadthe wistle given to you could you do better or not have someone tuen on you and complain. ???

like speeding , think about the impact think about it if your son or daughter was getting attacked.

LeicesterCity
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LeicesterCity »

heard this story from a friend. On the weekend his son was playing for TTG under 11's. The kid sliced the ball as he went to clear it and it was caught behind (by luck and out of surprise) by the keeper. The young girl referee gave a penalty. Everyone was calling out to her that at the worse it was an indirect free kick. Second half it happened again and she gave another penalty.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

LeicesterCity wrote:heard this story from a friend. On the weekend his son was playing for TTG under 11's. The kid sliced the ball as he went to clear it and it was caught behind (by luck and out of surprise) by the keeper. The young girl referee gave a penalty. Everyone was calling out to her that at the worse it was an indirect free kick. Second half it happened again and she gave another penalty.
OMG :? :?
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Hosovac
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hosovac »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:
LeicesterCity wrote:heard this story from a friend. On the weekend his son was playing for TTG under 11's. The kid sliced the ball as he went to clear it and it was caught behind (by luck and out of surprise) by the keeper. The young girl referee gave a penalty. Everyone was calling out to her that at the worse it was an indirect free kick. Second half it happened again and she gave another penalty.
OMG :? :?
She's ready for the A-League! :wink:

goal!!!
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by goal!!! »

lol yeh ... she may even be better , judging the last few ref decisions :)

soccer0709
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by soccer0709 »

The game was at PHE the home team has to change strips under ED rules
as opposed to FFSA ( girls teams) where it is the away team that changes strips
Any way my info tells me that PHE were not at fault

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

After a 7 year investigation, I'm glad we got to the bottom of that.
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

The Bluehearts
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Bluehearts »

They probably have different kits now.
Linda Linda