No State Championships for E&D this year ...

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

No State Championships for E&D this year ...

Post by povman_2009 »

EDJSA Representative Team Carnival
Please be aware that EDJSA Representative Teams will NOT be competing in any State Championships in 2009 at this point in time as EDJSA is currently NOT part of the FFSA but is part of ther junior arm of the SAASL. The EDJSA executive is currently arranging a similar type of carnival for the teams

From the E&D Website...

Not sure who they are going to play against in a similar type of carnival ?

Black Hawk
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: No State Championships for E&D this year ...

Post by Black Hawk »

povman1964 wrote:Please be aware that EDJSA Representative Teams will NOT be competing in any State Championships in 2009 at
This is wrong, all the local junior district competitions should be playing in this time honoured event.

In the past this tournament was run by the various districts and hosted in turn. Some great football was played particularly in the U11 and U12 age groups.

Southern district are also not in the State Championships.

Field of Dreams
"This tournament, this game: it's a part of our past. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come. People will most definitely come."

Southampton #7
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Southampton #7 »

Black Hawk wrote:
povman1964 wrote:Please be aware that EDJSA Representative Teams will NOT be competing in any State Championships in 2009 at
This is wrong, all the local junior district competitions should be playing in this time honoured event.

In the past this tournament was run by the various districts and hosted in turn. Some great football was played particularly in the U11 and U12 age groups.

Southern district are also not in the State Championships.

Field of Dreams
"This tournament, this game: it's a part of our past. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come. People will most definitely come."

well its North V South....

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Filikis Eterias »

Sorry to say but after U/11 or 12's E&D playing standard is just so poor kids struggle to develop properly.
They choose to aligne themselves with the Amateurs & really thats were they belong.

I stand to be corrected but aren't the SAASL the only non-affiliated body in Australian football?
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS
EXO H TURKOI APO TIN KYPRO

Southampton #7
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Southampton #7 »

Filikis Eterias wrote:Sorry to say but after U/11 or 12's E&D playing standard is just so poor kids struggle to develop properly.
They choose to aligne themselves with the Amateurs & really thats were they belong.

I stand to be corrected but aren't the SAASL the only non-affiliated body in Australian football?

so soccer for the elite only .

rooboy1986
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rooboy1986 »

Southampton #7 wrote:
Filikis Eterias wrote:Sorry to say but after U/11 or 12's E&D playing standard is just so poor kids struggle to develop properly.

I believe it is called a "Football Family" and incorporates juniors, womens, amateurs & semi pro...

Southampton #7
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Southampton #7 »

rooboy1986 wrote:
Southampton #7 wrote:

I believe it is called a "Football Family" and incorporates juniors, womens, amateurs & semi pro...

answer the question........

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Elite?
Wot the....?
I said develop to their full potential.
FFSA caters for all standard of players.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS

fossil
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by fossil »

best run comp for juniors, keeps the clubs and parents honest, respect is mandatory for the refs.

the FFSA has a mountain to climb to equal it, their junior policy & inforcement is rubbish. If they keep E&D out long enough they can copy it all!

Pity the poor kids that miss out on development.

harrycripps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by harrycripps »

Elite?
Wot the....?
Do they/we. Then why does nearly every ffsa club hold trials, then replace less adeqate players with more desirable players. Be honest, most FFSA clubs cater for all standards of players until they get a higher standard of player, because most clubs want to have the bragging rights, which attracts more revenue through higher rego fees.

Development to whose full potential?

prefly
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by prefly »

They knew this would happen, no use crying about it now

Jeda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jeda »

prefly wrote:They knew this would happen, no use crying about it now
:idea: 8) :arrow:
I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.
- John Maynard Keynes

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

The FFSA cater for all kids of all ages.
Harrycrips give me a specific case & age & i'll personally find them a club they can play at. The opportunities are there. In recent years another 3 clubs have sprung up in the western suburbs & thats great for the kids & the sport.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS

Southampton #7
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Southampton #7 »

Filikis Eterias wrote:Elite?
Wot the....?

Philikí Etaireía you stated that u/11 and onwards E&D standard is poor.
so the state championship results over the years mean what to you .
E&D kids with potential are mostly encourged to move to Fed clubs.

TheWingBack
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TheWingBack »

This is a terrible decision by the FFSA. I understand that they should be offering options for Juniors, Womens, Men, Semi-Pro, Amatuer, etc but to omit an association that has been around longer than them just because they don't meet their pre-determined criteria sounds just a bit like a dictatorship.

I also remember a conversation I had with Martyn Crook at a Senior Coaching License course about small sided games and E&D and he commenetd clearly that a significant number of E&D players have gone onto state teams etc and werely strongly represented. This is based no actual numbers from E&D vs other associations.

Everyone may have different veiws about what is the right direction but that doesn't mean that if you don't join the FFSA you are wrong. Lastly I think you'll fnid that the E&D are separate from SAASL, but the clubs in the North have associations with both from a Junior and Senior perspective.

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

J5 it is not a decision made by the FFSA, it is a decision made by E&D.

As of June 08 the E&D is part of the SAASL ,

From the announcement made on the 1st of June

From these negotiations the Elizabeth and Districts Junior Soccer Association and Southern Districts Junior Soccer Association have announced that they have become part of the South Australian Amateur Soccer League “as its junior division” through this union of the three associations the South Australian Amateur Soccer League has become the largest single association administering senior and junior football in this state.

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

E & D choose NOT to join the Football Family so they'll be outcasts til they do.
Every Association needs to be under the FFA banner.
Once again my understanding is that the whole of Australia is on board except here in SA with the Amateur League & the 2 junior bodies who have joined them.
E & D need to wake up & smell the grass.
Move forward not backwards.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

Just on the relative "strengths" of the E&D vs FFSA environment, I have just lost a player to an FFSA club from my E&D club, he would not be in the best 5 players in my colts team, close but but not quite and he got a game at a Fed club, so maybe the difference is no that great after all. Our E&D colts team finished a distant last in Div 1 last season.

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

The fed didnt stop them participating in the event, it was the SAJSA who did not allow them to participate because E&D is no longer a member, due to the SAJSA joining with the Fed.

Most of the other associations kicked up a fuss, so SAJSA had no alternative but not allow E&D into the event.

Isnt it funny that the SAJSA chairman is the E&D chairman!

Southampton #7
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Southampton #7 »

Brian32 wrote:The fed didnt stop them participating in the event, it was the SAJSA who did not allow them to participate because E&D is no longer a member, due to the SAJSA joining with the Fed.

Most of the other associations kicked up a fuss, so SAJSA had no alternative but not allow E&D into the event.

Isnt it funny that the SAJSA chairman is the E&D chairman!
He is not a Double Agent.
How could Carter let this happen.
you are not allowed to have a foot in both camps .

fossil
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by fossil »

Filikis Eterias wrote:The FFSA cater for all kids of all ages.
Harrycrips give me a specific case & age & i'll personally find them a club they can play at. The opportunities are there. In recent years another 3 clubs have sprung up in the western suburbs & thats great for the kids & the sport.
lets assume you have seen the E&D structure haven't you!
you would realise that any kid can get a game without trial regardless of ability, and theres plenty of willing clubs.

all northern FFA clubs milk the E&D for every player willing to move from 11 yrs up, promises are a plenty of what they FFA can offer.
which is old club facility, a management structure that allows clubs to abuse/manipulate their own rules not to say how they can abuse the officials.
the last new western club I seen couldn't even mark a technical area with paint :clown:

get all the facts and see how others develop juniors on and off the park

Talk Is Cheap
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Talk Is Cheap »

Filikis Eterias wrote:Elite?
Wot the....?
An example of what full potential might cost....
Filikis Eterias wrote:Wanna take ur 11year old to play at Adelaide City?
It'll cost you $720.
Give me a break.
Get real you guys.
Keep pumping the kids fees into senior wages, well done.
Steven C Gull

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Easy boys. No one is bagging what or how E&D do things, good luck to them.
Straight away you start attacking how the FFSA clubs operate.
Simply stated the standard between the two after U/11 is chalk & cheese.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS

Future Game
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Future Game »

I think eventually for the unification of the game all associations will have to come under the same banner.
But E&D for many many years produced the best youngsters in South Australia. Many clubs like Para Hills claim that they have a great Junior development program. In fact they had all the best players at E&D Junior ranks that chose (or were poached :mrgreen: ) join them. All the the ground work had already been done by coaches from an under 6 level at the E&D clubs.
Of course fed clubs will never admit that.
As long as the kids never forget where they learnt their basic skills and good habits.
Never forget where you came from. Munno Para over the last 15 years have produced some of the best youngsters around along with Modbury Vista and Ingle Farm. So all those coaches that spent countless hours of decent dedicated coaching in all E&D clubs over the many years - thankyou :D
To the EDJSA association - thankyou for all the years of running the best run competition in South Australia (probably Australia). The admin, reffing, courses, rules and regulations, and the carnival - top class. :D All leagues could learn something from this association. :)
They should not be bagged, they should be thanked...... But lets move on for the betterment for the game.
It is true that after under 12's the standard is different between the FFSA and E&D - that is because you have to go to a fed club to further your career. Simple fact, that is progression.
'Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.'

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Let the big statements roll.
Munno Para have produced who in the last 15 years!
Can't wait to see this list.

So if a kid joins Para Hills at 12 yrs old after being at an E&D Club say for 5 yrs, they learn next to nothing after 12 coz E&D has taught it all. Are you serious?
Your clubs are so far behind the big FFSA Clubs especially in Junior Development it just aint funny.
Who would develop further?
1. a 12 yr old who moves to Para Hills for 5 years or,
2. a 12 yr old who stays at Munno Para for another 5 yrs?
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS

Talk Is Cheap
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Talk Is Cheap »

Filikis Eterias wrote:Let the big statements roll.

So if a kid joins Para Hills at 12 yrs old after being at an E&D Club say for 5 yrs, they learn next to nothing after 12 coz E&D has taught it all. Are you serious?
Your clubs are so far behind the big FFSA Clubs especially in Junior Development it just aint funny.
You need to have a good foundation on which to build a good player.
Filikis Eterias wrote:Your clubs are so far behind the big FFSA Clubs especially in Junior Development it just aint funny.
Now that is funny !
Steven C Gull

Future Game
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Future Game »

Oh for god sake you grenache head read the end of my statement before commenting. It says to further your career you have to move to a fed club. Of course they learn heaps afterwards, postional play, technical ability etc etc etc. The kids basic techniques and good habits are learnt from an early age - even your feeble brain could understand that. I am at a fed club now - metro), and have been for years. I never said that I was with an E&D club now. I originally came from one. I merley stated that the E&D are fantastically run and organised. Real JUNIOR development starts in the early years, hence JUNIOR...

Some Munno Para names FYFI are .
Aaron Goudling (Adelaide United - Para Hills)
Aaron Turner (Metro Stars)
Nathan Farrell (SASI and Joeys)
Ryan Dingle (SASI)
Craig Goodwin (Raiders - Signed by Inverness, Scotland)
Sean Brennan (Para Hills and Raiders)
Michael Acton (Raiders)

Some that come to mind. But I await your comment to pick fault with that as well. :lol:
'Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.'

Southampton #7
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Southampton #7 »

Look at current AU squad .......
Dodd
Cornflakes
Spags
Costanzo
Mullen
all started at E&D

Southampton #7
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Southampton #7 »

The kid with the ambition ,attitude,desire etc etc

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Southampton #7 wrote:

The kid with the ambition ,attitude,desire etc etc[/quote

Head in the Sand answer.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS