National Scouting Report.

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Black_Magick
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

National Scouting Report.

Post by Black_Magick »

who can tell me anything about NSR

go to america and go to college and play in that college's soccer team while getting education for free?

whats the dealio...

for reals or not...
Messi-Dona

BliNk
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: National Scouting Report.

Post by BliNk »

ok heres what i know.

They offer american scholarships over in america, while studying full time.
If choosen and continue to go through ($5,000 fee) the person is garuanteed atleast an 80% sholarship to a college in american, including all food, drink at the college, accomodation, books etc.

if you have any more questions post ill ask the best i can.

Black_Magick
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Black_Magick »

could it pass off as a scam?
Messi-Dona

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

there have been several junior girls go through similar schemes from little old Adelaide so I would not really be that sure it is not legit...

got balls
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by got balls »

I'm not sure, but why would you go to America to play football, can anyone enlighten me?

Povman do you know if the Juniors that have gone have developed further?

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

got balls wrote:I'm not sure, but why would you go to America to play football, can anyone enlighten me?

Povman do you know if the Juniors that have gone have developed further?
I think there are a couple who have gone on from College ball, but not sure of the details, if you think about it the US Collegiate sporting environment would have to be one of the best organised and funded systems in the world, they have dedicated support structures and get an education as well. If I was in that age bracket i would certainly have a look at it

kyan_timberelli
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by kyan_timberelli »

a few of the women have gone over and i know earlier on in the year they invited girls out to trial and i believe they may have another trial later on in the year....its good because the player can further develop their soccer skills playing against some of the best players in america and from various other countries while getting an education, good opportunity and great fun anyone who does would get something out of it
"You can't just beat a team, you have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again"

Baptista
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Baptista »

i got asked to go to do it but atm not the way i want to go.
but i must say the american college girls do sound tempting :lol:

local scout
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by local scout »

I used to work for them!!

Now I help athletes here now for free: http://www.ghsportsservices.com/

White Hart Lane
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by White Hart Lane »

Ryan Masi from Modbury Reserves was scheculed to go to America this year. I think it fell through though?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

I don't know if it was this particular company but the Skull brothers (Galaxy & Cumberland) have gone to the States on this sort of a deal. Their's was certainly legit.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Vale_boy05
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Vale_boy05 »

A friend of mine left early last year(a girl)

She said the standard of soccer is alot better there for the girls plus you get an education win, win really.

From what i can remember about 85% of all costs are covered.......she pretty much just pays for flights back to visit and ect.....

Paipss Cisse
he scores when he wants.

Damian44
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Damian44 »

Hi everyone. My son has been selected by NSA to go to college in the USA. I'm just looking for a bit more feed back on the program.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

how is so many first time posters/forumites get to hear about this site and this thread???? :roll: :roll: :roll:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Damian44
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Damian44 »

I just googled NSA and SCOLARSHIP and you don't get a lot else besides this thread, unfortunatly. Any other forums I could try?

on-side
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by on-side »

My son also got selected .... although selected is a strong word to use.

Pretty much everyone who goes out to the trials "gets selected" - even though they don't tell you that.

If you want to pay the money $5000 and then spend all YOUR time - videoing your son playing so that they can put it on a DVD to go to the colleges... with a hope of getting selected .... go for it.

I can think of better things to spend my money on.... better still do it yourself and save yourself quite few thousand dollars.

Damian44
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Damian44 »

Hey Bench Warmer, thanks for your reply. I see your point but who is to say they won't pay for all his college fees and feed him for three years. :P That way when he leaves college he won't owe the government a bucket load of money. If you can think of any questions I should ask them before handing over the money please let me know?

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

Damian44 wrote:Hey Bench Warmer, thanks for your reply. I see your point but who is to say they won't pay for all his college fees and feed him for three years. :P That way when he leaves college he won't owe the government a bucket load of money. If you can think of any questions I should ask them before handing over the money please let me know?

I know a number of players that have been through the US College system, or are still in it. None of them got a 100% funded scholarship. For some players their parents have had to pay out between $20K to $40K depending on the college and the quality of the player. The parents than have to pay the gap. Don't assume it will save money.

The other question is whether the US college studies/degree is actually on par with Australian universities or will be recognised or valued by potential employers.

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Know of a boy who didnt even turn up to the trial and still got invited for a selection intetview ...was there just the one trial or more than that?

FUBAR
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FUBAR »

What is the 5k for?

on-side
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by on-side »

From the information we were given it is their fees for doing the marketing and getting the player into one of the college teams.

As I previously said the parent/player is responsible for getting all of the footage of the player in games for the DVD that NSR then create.

FUBAR
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FUBAR »

Sounds a bit suspect to me.

And that costs 5k? That's some agent fee!

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

do it yourself if you want to go to US college system.

make a dvd and send it to as many colleges you can.

There is an academic requirement so its best to start in year 8/9 to ensure you pick the right subjects and keep a video/dvd of your highlights. I would say NSR help you more with making sure you have ticked all the academic requirements which can be frustrating if you get offered a scholarship yet miss out because of a technicality such as subject choices.

Couldn't think of anything better than studying and playing football abroad and getting life experience.

Its hard to get a dIV 1 scholarships- most DIV 2 and Di3 scholarships are 1/2 paid so there may be some costs for parents to cover .

runcorn2adelaide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by runcorn2adelaide »

I know some boys who have gone and are really enjoying it, some who liked it less and came home, and a few who are currently going through the process.
Most have gone via NSR -

NSR are a middleman - nothing more and take around $5 for their services.
I believe that their video editing and web presentation is pretty good, and they package this off to the Universities on your behalf.
(But you have to take the footage yourself - or get someone else to do it)

The trials are not trials, anyone with cash and plays the game can sign-up, but obviously, if your skills don't come through on the video, you chances of getting picked up by a decent college are pretty remote.

The Top end Universities in the US have huge entry requirements for overseas scholarships - i.e. UCLA states if you don't play for your Youth National Side - don't apply.!!

Academic requirements of Universities have to be attained, there is an SAT test that the students have to take - this makes a large difference on the Universities that will consider your child. The rules/regulations are well known, so DIY is definitely possible.

stillconsidering
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by stillconsidering »

My son has also been offered a spot and we are quite excited about the same. Apart from all of the above, I see this as a way for the child to stay focus and aim to get good marks and play better soccer, isn't this good for them. I hope he merits admission into a good uni / div in US and take it from there. Colleges in Australia are no cheap. In US he gets to play competitive soccer and at the same time get a degree as well.

bradman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bradman »

My son heads back to the US on Saturday to start his 2nd year. Life experience, study but most of all he gets to train 2-3 time day play up to 3 times a week. Travels around the US playing in different cities with guys from the US and other countries. The US college sports program (his anyway) is very professional with fulltime coaches, support staff and facilities as good as some A-league clubs. It's a great environment to further develop your craft. We get to watch as most college games are live streamed.

Haven't found anything like it in OZ.

It cost but what doesn't. Look at is as an investment in your child's future

Best to land a four year college rather than a two year one.

Good luck to your Lad if he makes it