Cards in Cup

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

W~A~H
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Cards in Cup

Post by W~A~H »

hey, its probaly been bought up on the forum before, but im not up for looking for it through 17 pages.

How many yellows until suspension in JPL Cup?
Last season it was combined with the league but it is seperate this year, could anyone help me with this?

Much appreciated :)

armchair critic
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Cards in Cup

Post by armchair critic »

2 yellows will get 1 match suspension

lets_talk_soccer
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by lets_talk_soccer »

i didnt know it changed this year, so what happens if you get your 5th yellow card the game before a cup game, you can still play in the cup round because you recieved the yellow card in the league so you serve your suspension in the league only ???

armchair critic
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Yes, cup is seperate to the league.
Just checked it out on FFSA site, as I was wondering the same thing.
So i guess any player on a booking in the cup all ready, will miss the final if booked in the semis.

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

armchair critic wrote:Yes, cup is seperate to the league.
So i guess any player on a booking in the cup all ready, will miss the final if booked in the semis.
Correct! :D

"now thats sexy football"

W~A~H
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by W~A~H »

really?
Is it upto the club or will the federation tell you that there is suspended players?

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

As a good team manager, they should keep their own records as well, but the federation will send an email to the junior coordinator indicating which player is suspended and so forth.

Montanha|Campeo
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Montanha|Campeo »

Are you serious?? So in league( not Cup) if you get 2 yellow cards regardless of if they're in consecutive games you get a suspension?? thazzz farrkiin Crrapp.
"Why Pass, When You Can Dribble?"

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

W~A~H wrote:hey, its probaly been bought up on the forum before, but im not up for looking for it through 17 pages.
That's why this forum has a search function, so you don't have to look through every page.

lets_talk_soccer
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

armchair critic wrote:Yes, cup is seperate to the league.
I was looking for it on ffsa and couldnt find it, where abouts is it??

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

Montanha|Campeo wrote:Are you serious?? So in league( not Cup) if you get 2 yellow cards regardless of if they're in consecutive games you get a suspension?? thazzz farrkiin Crrapp.
No, in the cup it is 2 yellows for suspension and in the league it is 5 yellows before suspension.

Also, if a players has 4 yellows in u17s and then gets booked for the senior ranks when playing 19s or Reserves, it doesn't count towards to four yellows already, he doesn't miss the next match.

armchair critic
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Just had word, it is 5 yellows and you miss the next competitive match. Whether it's a league or cup round, doesnt matter you miss it after 5 yellows.

The 5 and 2 rule is just for seniors and not juniors.

Hope this clears things up.

Hollygirl
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hollygirl »

armchair critic wrote:Just had word, it is 5 yellows and you miss the next competitive match. Whether it's a league or cup round, doesnt matter you miss it after 5 yellows.

The 5 and 2 rule is just for seniors and not juniors.

Hope this clears things up.
Might need to double check this as I spoke to FFSA this morning and the yellows for the cup are definately seperate.

armchair critic
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Strange.

I have seen the emails from the FFSA and it's definitely the next competitive match.

They are cumaltive in both league and cup, however if 2 yellow cards are picked up in the cup,they will miss the next league game.

Very confusing.

theone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by theone »

If player is on 3 yellow cards from League matches and he gets another 2 yellow cards in league matches then he will miss the very next match. If that next match is a league match or happens to be a Cup match - it makes no difference, he will miss it anyway.

If player is on 1 yellow card from a Cup match and gets another Yellow in the Cup Semi final - he will miss the next league match you play but still be able to play in the cup final.

Baptista
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Baptista »

theone wrote:If player is on 3 yellow cards from League matches and he gets another 2 yellow cards in league matches then he will miss the very next match. If that next match is a league match or happens to be a Cup match - it makes no difference, he will miss it anyway.

If player is on 1 yellow card from a Cup match and gets another Yellow in the Cup Semi final - he will miss the next league match you play but still be able to play in the cup final.
is this true?

WAB
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by WAB »

So what if u get a red in the cup. When is your suspention the next leauge game or next cup game.

lets_talk_soccer
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Sounds like no one knows what is happening with cards in cup rounds lol not even the ffsa because people are still wondering what is happening and people are still getting mixed up with all the cards :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :clown: